shape
carat
color
clarity

Gross Silverfish!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pichuchy21

Shiny_Rock
Yuck for some reason I have silverfish in my apartment. They are really grossing me out. I''ve been reading online and it says they are pretty common in FL. I have been living in this condo for about 2 1/2 months and this is like the 10th one I have seen. Does anyone have any good remedies to get rid of them?

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
They are common in FL. Try not to keep any boxes on the ground. I don''t know if you have finished unpacking or not but if you haven''t, I''d be willing to bet that''s where they''re coming from. If you have anything that hasn''t been moved in a while, I would move it to air it out. Also, is your condo new? Ours is pretty old and there were some things that needed to be replaced (like baseboards) that helped get rid of them.

Now I only see one or two in my FI''s "room" because he has stuff in there older than me.

pichuchy21

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 8:26:37 PM
Author: fieryred33143
They are common in FL. Try not to keep any boxes on the ground. I don''t know if you have finished unpacking or not but if you haven''t, I''d be willing to bet that''s where they''re coming from. If you have anything that hasn''t been moved in a while, I would move it to air it out. Also, is your condo new? Ours is pretty old and there were some things that needed to be replaced (like baseboards) that helped get rid of them.

Now I only see one or two in my FI''s ''room'' because he has stuff in there older than me.
The condo has been renovated so almost everything is new. I mostly see them in my room and today I found one on my bed...YUCK. I use homedefense inside as my pest control, but those nasty things keep coming around. I will try to move some of my belongings around and see if that will help. I just finished using the pest control again. I read online that boric acid helps kill them but I have a dog and don''t want to use that around him.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I have 565 PLUS XLO. It's odorless and pet friendly. I have it to control ants mostly but it works really well for everything else. It's $22 per can and you can find it online (don't know if Home Depot carries it)

You know what I just wrote that its pet friendly but you may want to double check. The man that gave us a can (my mom's pest guy) said it was but I never verified ( we don't have pets)

pichuchy21

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 8:41:37 PM
Author: fieryred33143
I have 565 PLUS XLO. It''s odorless and pet friendly. I have it to control ants mostly but it works really well for everything else. It''s $22 per can and you can find it online (don''t know if Home Depot carries it)

You know what I just wrote that its pet friendly but you may want to double check. The man that gave us a can (my mom''s pest guy) said it was but I never verified ( we don''t have pets)
Thanks I will look that product up. My landlord is responsible for pest control, but since silverfish are so common I am not sure they would do anything about this which is why I am trying to get rid of them myself before I give them a call.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/30/2009 8:19:48 PM
Author:pichuchy21
Yuck for some reason I have silverfish in my apartment. They are really grossing me out. I''ve been reading online and it says they are pretty common in FL. I have been living in this condo for about 2 1/2 months and this is like the 10th one I have seen. Does anyone have any good remedies to get rid of them?

Get a cat!
3.gif
Ha since we got our kittens we haven''t seen ONE bug and I have watched them torment and proceed to eat numerous bugs- ranging from spiders, silverfish, and ants.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
I love my cats!

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Thread highjack- Fieryeyed- who is that CUTIE in your avatar?? Looks just like my mom''s cutie!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results