shape
carat
color
clarity

groomsman gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
We''re having trouble coming up with decent groomsman gifts, and we''re starting to run short on time! Budget is less than $50 per guy... anyone have suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
My FI is getting the guys really nice shaving kits. like special blade holders and stuff, brush for shaving cream i think, i can ask him the details if you think you''d be interested, our guys are 32-42 so they''ll love it.
Some with straight edge razors. range $25-200 i think. let me know if you want more details.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
We are doing cigars, small humidor boxes, and possibly an engraved cutter or Zippo. Not sure how much it will cost, but you could do some variation.

FI has also received personalized beer steins, cufflinks, and a flasks-We decided on his gifts because all of his friends are married and we didn''t want to give out duplicates of things that have probably already been received.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
I think the best way to go is to think of each guy individually. It doesn''t have to be a one size fits all gift. Maybe game tickets for the sports fan, or things of that nature.

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
OH yeah-RedFaeryThinker reminded me that my cousin''s DH gave all his GM and ushers Cardinals jerseys (they were obviously all fans) that they sported later on in the night at the reception.

dreaming of the day

Shiny_Rock
We are doing cufflinks, we might get them engraved, but it depends on the cost. It is a big fat "greek" wedding so we thought these would be perfect... and our colors are black and white

adfasda.JPG

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
We also had a budget of $50.

We bought each guy an igloo cooler (a small one, I think they hold 9 cans) $14.99 at target
Inside the coolers was a giant beer mug (DH found them at the Dollar Store)
Inside the mugs was a pair of cufflinks, Kenneth Cole, $35 each

I realize this suggestion works only if your guys like beer
3.gif

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Oh, that reminds me that we have to get groomsmen''s gifts, too. Ugh.

My fiance has gotten a few gifts that he''s enjoyed as a groomsman: a money clip (engraved), a watch (probably above budget for you), and a flask (engraved). Maybe you could do one of those?

CNYHopeful

Shiny_Rock
I recall one of my brothers getting a pocket watch with his initials on it. Always thought that was one of the coolest groomsman gifts.

JR320

Shiny_Rock
I got a little tickled when I saw this thread because my FI is buying 5 of his groomsman a bottle of good liquor (Greygoose, Maker''s Mark, etc. - they all have a favorite) and maybe a flask, and then for the 6th groomsman... a case of orange crush and a Tupac blanket!

The back story: The 6th Groomsman is my 13-year-old cousin. He recently had $50 left over from Christmas and was debating for weeks over whether to spend it on an OSU basketball jersey or this Tupac blanket that he spotted at the mall. He kept asking everyone in the family which they thought he should get - a real dilemma! He was even trying to get his older sister to go in on the blanket with him. But he ultimately chose the basketball jersey. haha. So it was FI''s idea to get the blanket for him as a groomsman gift.

Now, about the liquor - this is FI idea, and I think the guys will love it! But I''m nervous that it will encourage them to use the flask and be drinking before the ceremony, which I do NOT want. We''re actually just having beer and wine at the reception to try to keep things... classy. This might be one thing I actually do get Bridezilla about!

Good luck choosing the gifts!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I had to convince my FI that groomsman gifts were actually appropriate. Silly boy. He bout them each a tie to wear for the wedding (they''re wearing non-matching black suits of their own instead of renting tuxes).

I wanted him to do more since that seemed kinda cheap to me, so I showed him a few inexpensive options from Oriental Trading. He didn''t bite. But here they are in case you''re interested:
Pocket knife
Money clip
Business card holder

FI''s brother got his guys personalized keychains when he got married. I think these would be similar and pretty nice.

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the suggestions! I really like the pocket watch idea, I''ll have to suggest that to FI and see what he thinks. His friends have all done things that are drinking related (pilsners, flasks, etc.) and we wanted to stay away from that and do something different. A gift card to Best Buy might be nice too... they all love their video games a little too much
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results