shape
carat
color
clarity

groom''s wedding band lost?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

canadianicequeen

Rough_Rock
I ordered my fiance''s wedding band over a month ago and called to check on it yesterday since I hadn''t heard from anyone at the store (B&M - family owned). They contacted the shipper who said that it had been shipped, but the store said they had never
8.gif
received it. I''ve already paid in full. It was $2k platinum and 18K. Any suggestions? Also, can platinum be sized onsite if need be,or will it need to be sent back to the manufacturer?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
The shipper/jeweler should have insurance for this purpose and replace it without additional cost to you. Fedex lost a string of my pearls once and I got a new strand about a week later.

Don''t know about platinum sizing, but I''m sure somebody else does. Good luck to you!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Wow, Sumbride, that''s interesting. I was at a FedEx to send a piece of jewelery yesterday and the lady told me they can''t insure jewelery for more than $500. Then she called someone and they said yes they can, but I read the doc and certainly sounded like they couldn''t. At which point I got nervous and decided to go with good old USPS registered mail.

But you had no problems? That''s interesting! I wish I''d just sent it then. But by then I was thinking ''OK, no insurance, plus i just told the gal what was in here and how much it was worth... maybe not.''

I guess most jewelers have external insurance.

Oh, sorry for the thread jack. And CanadianIce, Sumbride is right that this is in NO WAY your responsibility. Either the sender or the B&M will take care of it for sure. Be assertive about it, in case they think they can get away with it, though. I know how us Canucks can sometimes be TOO polite.
35.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I think it matters who is sending it to whom... in my case, my jeweler was sending it, via FedEx, to a "restringer". I''m not sure whose insurance paid for it... the jeweler, the restringer or Fedex, but it was no hassle for me... aside from losing my grandmother''s pearls!

If you ship them yourself via Fedex, I''m sure that''s a whole different ballgame, but it sounded like, in this case, the manufacturer shipped them to the jeweler so it sounded more like my situation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results