shape
carat
color
clarity

Groom''s RD Attire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
What are your guys (or you, if you are a guy) planning on wearing to the rehearsal dinner? Our dinner is at a nice restaurant, so FI wants to be somewhat dressed up, but not too much. So far, his two options are really dark gray dress pants with a button down long sleeve shirt, no tie, possibly with the shirt sleeves rolled up. But with the current heat/humidity wave, I''m worried that this would be too hot. So his other option is khaki pants and a polo. But he is saying that a polo is not dressy enough, and he really hates short sleeved button down shirts. Do you think a polo would not be dressy enough? If so, are there any short sleeve options other than a button down that would be dressy? I''d love to buy him a new shirt, so shopping tips would be welcome! I''m wearing a cream cotton dress with either red or turquoise accents. Thanks!

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
It was quite a bit cooler for our RD (it was in the lower 70s), but my hubby wore a suit and dress shirt with no tie . His groomsman did the same and his bestman wore a nice shirt and slacks. Most of the men attending the RD wore either a nice shirt and slacks or a suit with no tie.

I think a nice, lightweight dress shirt and summer-weight slacks would work for your FI. Is your rehearsal indoors or outdoors? The restaurant for the RD is air conditioned, right?

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Our rehearsal dinner is at a smart casual seafood place on the river - we have a glassed-in veranda for the party. I''m wearing a figure-hugging marine blue Tadashi dress (provided I fit into it by October) and I was thinking D could wear khakis, mocs, a white dress shirt and a lime green/blue tie from Vineyard Vines. We were trying to go for a slight marina look given the location. This will be October, and I guess some of it will depend on the weather.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Similar to Krissie, our RD is at a seafood place on the water. He''ll wear a nice pair of chinos, a white/blue striped shirt, and a grass green tie.

Sabine, I think your fiance will probably be fine as long as the restaurant is air conditioned. I don''t think that the difference between a rolled up long-sleeved shirt and a short sleeved shirt is all that much in terms of heat, especially if you aren''t sitting out in the sun or anything. I think a polo shirt might be a little bit casual.

sap483

Brilliant_Rock
Our RD is at "casual elegant" italian restaurant. FI will be wearing dark trousers and a button down shirt. I don't think he will wear a tie. I'm slighly concerned that he was be really hot during the rehearsal though in that outfit because it is outside on July 3rd at 3pm. It's on the water though, so hopefully there will be a nice breeze.

I'm personally not a fan of Polo's at nice places in the evening. Have you called the restaurant to ask them what their clientele typically wear?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results