shape
carat
color
clarity

Groom''s Cake Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Melibk

Shiny_Rock
I am hoping to get my fiance a groom''s cake for the rehearsal dinner. I feel bad because he LOVES chocolate cake with chocolate icing, and our wedding cake has white on the outside.

SOOOO that is why I wanted to surprise him with a groom''s cake.

Has anyone seen any groom''s cakes that have a baseball (preferable Yankees) theme. I was also thinking of doing a mini wedding cake that is fully chocolate. I could put a yankees emblem on the top or a yankees cake topper.

Any ideas??? Any pictures you have seen?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
last pic of this post:

http://www.weddingbee.com/2006/10/10/flickr-finds-grooms-cakes-sports/

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, cake makers can really make ANYTHING! I bet if you went to your baker''s they would be able to come up with a prototype just based on your fiance''s favorite flavors and team! I do love the idea of a baseball cake, choco/choco decorated with Yankee''s colors! I think you could definitely do a thin-ish white icing on top with yankee''s accents and still have the choco/choco combo, for sure. Good luck!

fisherofmengirly

Ideal_Rock
Seriously, if he loves basketball, get a basketball cake! Cakes can be made in any shape, size, whatever. They can even the the icing to be that deep orange-brown color!

Paul''s cake was a sheet cake, but we had the Atlanta skyline put on it. He adored it!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would do a chocolate stadium or baseball diamond with a yankee y on the pitcher''s mound - keep it simple!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2007 3:18:32 AM
Author: jcrow
last pic of this post:

http://www.weddingbee.com/2006/10/10/flickr-finds-grooms-cakes-sports/
okay these are really cool - but what I was thinking when I said stadium was a little less involved LOL I was still thinking an all chocolate cake in the shape of a baseball diamond with maybe dugouts and bases done in chocolate - some of those stadiums are *insane* LMAO!!!

RoseAngel04

Brilliant_Rock
My FI is a HUGE Yankee fan. The attatched pic is what our groom'S cake will look like, he LOVES it! I think it's adorable.

nyygc.jpg

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Agree with the others that said they can make anything into a cake! Do you ever watch Ace of Cakes on the Food Network? Amazing.

I think the stadium cakes are neat and so is the last Yankee cake with the pin stripes. Simple and stunning!

Melibk

Shiny_Rock
WOW THANK YOU!!! I totally love the white circle cake with the pin stripes on it. I really wanted the cake to be chocolate with chocolate icing though.

Do you guys think it would look as good with chocoloate icing but then the center could have an area with white and the blue pinstripes with the blue logo on it???

I might just have to give up the idea of hte chocolate but he loves chocolate!!!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
what about a cake in the shape of a baseball diamond with their logo in the middle of the field behind the pitcher''s mound? the "dirt" could be chocolate icing, and then you could use chocolate cake as the cake itself, and use white and green icing for the grass and bases and base lines, and then red and white for logo (it is red and white, right? not a huge baseball fan). the cake would be one layer, and someone could bake a large rectangle and then cut it in the shape of a baseball diamond.

wifey2b

Brilliant_Rock
As far as I know, our groom''s cake will be a personal cake....Strm does not really care for cake, but will partake of the wedding cake for the usual cake photos and all, but the plan right now is, that he will have his favorite dessert...a pumpkin pie with graham crust...his absolute fav - so will have to use a fork - hmmmmmm maybe I will make him use a fork for the cake so I don''t get a face full of icing - giggle :}
Like I told him - our wedding is just as much his day as it is mine, so why not have what he wants too - giggle - can''t you all tell we are so scared in breaking traditions - lol - we haven''t stuck to any typical customs thru our whole courtship/engagement/nor wedding - giggle :} We are who we are :}
30.gif

firstbase32

Shiny_Rock
My groom''s cake is going to be a Cubs cake. We''re both huge Cubs fans so the lady doing our cake told her to send her an image that we wanted on the cake and she could draw it on there. We''re going to probably just put a big Cubs "C" in the middle with blue writing and then a red outline ontop of white icing. It''s a chocolate cake because our entire wedding cake is white. I being the groom LOVE chocolate cake and my future wife likes white...she was COMPLETELY opposed to the idea of having any chocolate in our wedding cake so when she heard the groom''s cake idea she was more than willing to allow chocolate. It''s also going to be nice to have some for the people that don''t want white.

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Well--- I couldnt find any good Yankee ones but here are some chocolate grooms cakes...

menscake456.JPG

bravesfan

Shiny_Rock
Here is another one--- I can find a bigger pic though---

menscake2.JPG

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2007 8:39:54 AM
Author: wifey2b
As far as I know, our groom''s cake will be a personal cake....Strm does not really care for cake, but will partake of the wedding cake for the usual cake photos and all, but the plan right now is, that he will have his favorite dessert...a pumpkin pie with graham crust...his absolute fav - so will have to use a fork - hmmmmmm maybe I will make him use a fork for the cake so I don''t get a face full of icing - giggle :}
Like I told him - our wedding is just as much his day as it is mine, so why not have what he wants too - giggle - can''t you all tell we are so scared in breaking traditions - lol - we haven''t stuck to any typical customs thru our whole courtship/engagement/nor wedding - giggle :} We are who we are :}
30.gif
it shouldn''t be ANY other way :) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results