shape
carat
color
clarity

Groom''''s attire suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I'm so excited! I showed my FI this thread this weekend & we discussed his apparel options & agreed on a black linen suit from Baron Boutique worn in the style of the pictures below. (with a white shirt, open collar, no tie, no shoes....but with a much more understated island-style necklace!)

I think this will look so elegant for him (I love the way he looks in black), look nice in the pictures & with my dress & will be a basic suit that he can wear again. Yay!
9.gif

Oddly enough, he didn't really like the guayabera shirt option. Apparently he was fine with wearing a suit as long as it wasn't a wool tuxedo & was very happy not to have to wear a tie.
1.gif

Thanks again to everyone for all of your wonderful suggestions! I think we found a winner!
36.gif

black suit 2.JPG

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
BS....I''m so glad the two of you were able to agree on an appropriate attire and that he''s okay with it and you''re still getting the black contrast that you wanted!!! You''re going to have such an incredible time!!! I''m jealous and am ready to return to Jamaica just reading this thread!!!
36.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I think you guys will look fantastic. The black linen suit keeps him looking more formal but the open collar/no tie option gives him the "island" look. Great choice.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
AChi, I''m so excited to go to Jamaica!
9.gif
You should join us!!
2.gif

I''m also thrilled we agreed on an outfit that we both like. It wasn''t even a hard sell.
2.gif
(Though he has teased me by telling his friends he''s going to wear a nice cool suit.....in black!)

IslandDreams, I agree--I think it''s the perfect combination of elegant & island cool.
1.gif

My FI has a coconut shell necklace similar to the pic below but in black & tan that he bought on Block Island, where he proposed. I think the necklace would add a nice island touch to his suit. (We laughed that we could wear our Block Island jewelry to our wedding--his necklace & my e-ring!)

bwshellnecklace.jpg

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/21/2005 4:40:58 PM
Author: BrightSpot
AChi, I''m so excited to go to Jamaica!
9.gif
You should join us!!
2.gif

BS....I wish!!!!!
3.gif
But alas, maybe not this time around. DH has promised me in the future that we''re going back and renewing our vows. He knows that I didn''t want the large wedding and he did, so we did it HIS way! So for a future anniversary, he wants to make sure we can do it MY way via a vow renewal ceremony....

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
BS,
Congrats!
I''m hoping that I''m as lucky finding something that we both agree on!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I guess after looking at some of the pics (no offense to anyone) but if he's going to go barefoot then definitely omit the tie (which I know you're already planning). Otherwise it's like the whole thing is pulled together but they forgot shoes instead of it looking beachy.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
LOL about forgetting his shoes! Yeah, barefoot in a suit is sort of odd...I hope it looks ok. We looked at a few pairs of men''s sandals online, but he wasn''t sold. He thought most looked either too casual or hot, like regular shoes, but with a few openings so lots of sand can get in.
3.gif

We''re definitely ditching the tie!

I''m so excited we came to a decision on this. Tybee, I know you guys will come up with something fabulous. Keep me posted on what you decide!

AChi, a renewal of vows ceremony in Jamaica sounds amazing! This time, you can do it your way!
1.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats! Call me a traditionalist, but I think a guy should have some white on him during a wedding. But yeah, I think open collar with no shoes is the right call for a beach wedding. I''ve yet to see pics of a guy in a suit wearing shoes on a beach that looked good. Practically, it''s not fun either as sand easily gets into your shoes and socks messing up both the look and comfort.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Codex, I agree! I guess I picture guys in black & white for weddings, which is why I like this option so much. It''s more casual, but still has a traditional look. Dress shoes just look out of place in the sand.
2.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Brightspot, i love it! I think your hubby to be will look fantastic!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Thanks...me too!
2.gif
9.gif
10.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
He He Brightspot,
I sent your link on over to my FI. I like him better in black too.
We''ll see what I can finagle!
Hey it''s almost December! Our wedding year is coming up!
Come on 2006!!!!!!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Yay--let me know what your FI thinks!
1.gif
How funny would it be if we both had 2006 weddings in the Caribbean wearing Maggie dresses w/ our boys in black linen suits!
2.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
LOL!
I''m not a Brightspot stalker, I promise! Just a big fan!
Thanks for sharing all your thoughts/information
19.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
ROTFL! I didn''t mean to imply that at all!
2.gif
And anyway, you found your Maggie dress way before I found mine!
1.gif

It''s so fun to follow each other''s wedding stories here on PS, especially when so many elements of the celebration are similar to mine! I''m so glad I found this wonderful community.
face23.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
oooooh...love the black linen suit look....very elegant! i think you could def get away with a delicate tiara if your FI wears that!

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/2/2005 3:00:32 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
oooooh...love the black linen suit look....very elegant! i think you could def get away with a delicate tiara if your FI wears that!

Yeah?
2.gif
You have my wheels turning on the tiara.....
31.gif
I love the black linen suit too. It''s like a tux lite.
19.gif

rayspaceboy

Rough_Rock
Say Brightspot,

Did you go ahead with the suit from Baron Boutique?

I''m intereted in using them for my wedding tux, but wanted a user opinion.

--Dwayne
--Denton, TX

rayspaceboy

Rough_Rock
Thanks Brightspot, (she pm''d me an answer, hasn''t bought it yet)

Has anyone else had experience with Baron Boutique?

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hi Dwayne,

I just placed the order with Baron Boutique for my FI''s suit. (Thanks for reminding me!
2.gif
) The scheduled delivery date is Valentine''s Day. I''ll let you know how it turns out.
1.gif

Tybee

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Brightspot!
I am so excited for you! FI and I STILL cannot agree on what he''s going to wear! I agree that black
seems so perfect, he''s worried about burning up in the sun.
Grrrr.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to let everyone know that FI''s suit from Baron Boutique came in on Monday. I''ve been really pleased with my experience with them. They contacted me promptly when I placed the order to confirm the measurements (some of them were a bit off, which they caught), they emailed me prior to shipping with the tracking information and delivered the suit by the promised due date, 2 weeks after I placed my order. Not only was the suit custom made to my FI''s measurements, but they also let me customize the fit & cut of the suit. (ex. I ordered flat-front pants with no cuff instead of the pleated, cuffed pants which were standard with the linen suit)

I think the suit looks great! From what I can tell (not having much experience buying men''s suits) the workmanship is very good & it fits him nicely. He was really pleased too. So I just thought I''d let you guys know how it turned out in case any of you were looking for linen suits for your guys. Rayspaceboy, you should go for it!
1.gif

Oh, and Tybee, my FI is concerned about burning up in the sun in black too, though he does like the look of the suit in black. I told him that if he sweats through the suit, it''ll be much less noticeable in a dark color than if he were wearing tan and he agreed!
2.gif
Baron Boutique offers lots of fabric choices including several shades of tan, olive, brown, black, grey, and even red.
3.gif
Let me know what you guys decide!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results