shape
carat
color
clarity

Groom: rent a suit?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
We''re having a Sunday noon ceremony. I''m in a knee length dress. There are no attendants save my two year old nephew, our ring bearer. Their parents lobbied for the exception ;-) so cute.

So no tuxes and we''ve been having trouble finding a suit that suits him / he likes. We finally found a couple yesterday, but they are in the $500 range.

Here''s a lost lady in a man''s world asking...has anyone heard of renting high-end suits? We''re in NYC and marrying one hour from Philly, if there''s anything in either city that rings a bell.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
FI and I had a hard time finding him something to wear. I was really anti-tuxes because they just don''t look good on him and I didn''t want black. I couldn''t find rentable suits anywhere, so we just went to Men''s Warehouse. He got 50% off a $450 suit, so the price wasn''t too bad. It seems like they''re always having a sale, so I would check there if you haven''t already.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I would try Woodbury Commons, FI has some great suits from the Theory outlet there that were not too expensive.

carochinha

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Ladies. We did try Men''s Warehouse but he hated the vibe - wanted to be left in peace to look around and they do tend to pounce on you as you enter. Tried Syms midtown and Century 21. Syms downtown had the expensive suits he liked but not in his size.

Thanks for the Woodbury suggestion. Friends are throwing us a small cocktail gathering Saturday afternoon - we were considering passing through Secaucus and the outlets nearby. Anything worthwhile or not worth the detour?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
we''re doing men''s warehouse, they are very nice here :) took our 4 year old ringbearer in to get measured and they did great with him!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
My FI plans on renting a suit if we can''t find one he likes that is within budget. While getting measured for tuxes for some friends'' weddings, I know he has mentioned Mens Warehouse had some nice ones. I would have no clue where else to look, honestly! Where we live, there are tons of Mens Warehouse locations. Maybe you could try a different location and see if the vibe is less pushy?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know it sounds crazy. Just stick with me here.

Went to men''s warehouse and they showed us stuff that was either really expensive $500+ or really cheap looking. FF hated it. Didn''t want to get anything from them and was going to forget the suit all together.

So I looked online. Searched all over. I found a nice suit jacket (they have pants too). Usually a $400+ jacket. On sale for $130.
It fits him great so we didn''t even need to get it fitted for him. Nice liner. No cheap looking buttons. Nice quality materials.

He liked it so well that we went back and bought the pants to go with it. On sale for $40.

Where did I get it?
JC Penny

FF doesn''t think much of JC Penny and was VERY skeptical. I had to drag him to the strore but he liked it once he had it on.
He has been wearing it for the last year and it still looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results