shape
carat
color
clarity

Groom/Groomsmen attire! Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
So it is 8 days until my wedding and today I started to panic about my groom and groomsmen attire!

FI and I decided the guys should wear suits, not tuxes (too stuffy, not really our style)

The guys side is small - one groom and 2 groomsmen

FI purchased a custom black 2 button suit and white shirt. He told the groomsmen to do the same. One did buy a 2 button, and the other already owns a 3 button suit and told me he will not buy a new one b/c "its fine."

I am now wondering if this will look totally bad with all 3 different suits (all black, but obvi different b/c different brands, etc) and I guess diff white shirts as well.

As for the ties, FI purchased 3 diff pink ties for them of varying shades and patterns.

Do you think this will look OK or will it look like a total mis-match?

Honest opinions please!

If it helps, I hae 2 BM''s and they are both wearing a simple black jcrew dress (tea length) and gold shoes (the dresses are the same, shoes diff but both gold) Their hair will most likely be different as well.

Thanks!!!

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
With a black suit, everything tends to blend in. No one will really notice how many buttons are on the suit. If the suits weren''t black, it would definitely be more obvious. I love the idea of the different ties!

I am a very detail oriented person, and I really don''t think you have anything to worry about. I also hate the "bridal party clone" thing, so mixing up shades and patterns is totally my thing.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I think it's too late to worry about the suits. As a groomsman, I think 1 week notice that the 3-button won't work, is too short. Was the suit decision made in order to save the guys money? As long as all the suits are black, it will look good.

As far as the ties, I would think that the pink should at least be the same shade. You can get away with different patterns, and different patterns will give you a less "stuffy" feeling for sure. Great idea!

choro72

Brilliant_Rock
When I was a bm at my friend''s wedding, the best man couldn''t make it at the last minute. Another guy wore his own black suite, managed to get the proper tie, and stood in for him. Nobody noticed a thing, because all eyes were on the bride and groom naturally.
2.gif

paeony

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I think it will look great!
It seems like the equivalent to the differences with your BMs (different shoes and hair vs. different cuts/shape of suits/shirts)- same color scheme
(It will prob look so similar anyway-- most people won''t notice!)
btw, I love that they''re not wearing tuxes--- yea for non-traditional! and yea for non-matchy-matchy!!

Wow, 8 days!!! Best wishes!
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto everyone else! My MOH and FI''s Best Man are going to be in gray/black, and other than color, I don''t really care what they are wearing (although I did pick out my MOH''s dress, but that''s just because I have great taste
3.gif
!) FI will probably wear a blue shirt, and I''m going to have blue accents everywhere I can fit them.

I think everyone will look fine. Besides, I don''t like those pics where everyone looks like clones anyway!

(I was the flower girl in my cousin''s wedding once upon a time, and I wore a white lace dress--I think I was around 3--the bride wore a poofy white satin monstrosity--if I''m right about my age it would have been around 1985, so that dress style is correct-- and the BMs wore white lace dresses that were off the shoulder and just above ankle length. The ankle length was important because all of the BMs were wearing different bright colored panty hoes. Pink, purple, blue, green, orange. The men had pocket squares/handkerchiefs to match with their specific BM. They were divorced a few years later. My apologies for the random story Laura, but I started thinking of matchy matchy clone bridal parties, and the pics from this one popped into my head!
23.gif
)

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''ll look fine... you probably won''t even notice when it comes right down to it :)

OH MY GOD! 8 DAYS?! Well it''s 7 now, right?? How are you containing the excitement?!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
You are just having final day craziness. It happens. I found white wine helped... a lot! My parents were like... woah.. I think I had the pre-req 2 glasses a day of King''s Estate. (Red gives me headaches.)

It will look fine. The different ties will be a lot of fun... and addresses the fact that you will have different suits.

Here is a picture from a wedding I was in... the bridesmaids, are all wearing different dresses... the bride didn''t care... honestly, NO ONE EVEN NOTICED... and one girl had a halter on her dress... and they were diff shades of blue. The reason... everyone only looked at the bride.

Everyone will be looking at you and your groom. It will be okay, I promise. 8 days! THAT IS EXCITING!!!
36.gif

tlh

Ideal_Rock
double post

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/6/2009 7:24:46 AM
Author: KatyWI
I think it''ll look fine... you probably won''t even notice when it comes right down to it :)

OH MY GOD! 8 DAYS?! Well it''s 7 now, right?? How are you containing the excitement?!

Agreed. The boy''s will look great and no one will notice the 2 vs. 3 buttons ''cause all eyes will be on you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results