shape
carat
color
clarity

Grinding between E-ring and Wedding Bands?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Hey folks,

I just got off the phone with the nice folks over at Whiteflash who made my gal's custom three stone ring. My gal and I are now into the search for wedding rings. She has considered just a plain band, eternity, partial eternity, and now thinks she might like a 5 stone diamond wedding ring. So I called WF to get some more ideas and pricing.

They tell me there is a real concern with E-Rings and W-Rings worn on the same finger rubbing against each other. This has lead to many instances of grinding and damage to the settings? Possible repairs and or replacement of settings after a few years? Yikes ! They kind of suggested the rings not be worn on the same finger? But....but....the handshots all you ladies posted look so nice.....

I certainly don't want to be sending the E-Ring or W-Ring in for repairs in the next couple of years.

P.S. - An additional piece of learning for me - WF does not keep some sort of "blueprints" or molds of the custom E-Ring they made for me - because I did not let them know they might be making a custom wedding ring to match later. So I would need to send the E-ring back to them for 10 days if I want a real close match on the custom wedding ring

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id find that to be worthwhile though.

Im wearing my wedding band, full eternity, next to my solitiare engagement ring, which has a plain platinum band. Im sure Ill be changing my engagement ring around in a few years and won''t need to worry about that much.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would send it back to Whiteflash and have them make the band.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks folks,

However I am still a little surprised to hear Whiteflash's recommendation - "don't wear your wedding ring and engagement ring on the same finger - or you will probably be repairing/replacing the settings due to wear".

In my limited experience many women do wear the two rings together and I have not heard of problems like this.

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Just bumped up a thread for you on rocky talky...because I didn''t know how to attach it...re Will by wedding ring eat my E-ring (or something like that...)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
i was told that soldering the rings together will prevent this from happening. I think this is somewhat exaggerated, but it CAN happen. There was someone on here who had their ring reset for partially that reason. Was it k-mom??

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/3/2005 7
6.gif
2:22 PM
Author: Maxine
Just bumped up a thread for you on rocky talky...because I didn''t know how to attach it...re Will by wedding ring eat my E-ring (or something like that...)

Thanks Max,

I don''t know why I haven''t seen this discussed more often.The other thread is great

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Bertrand, I don''t have any helpful comments on your current issue, but I just wanted to say your ering is one of the most beautiful I''ve ever seen. That sapphire! I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it. It''s absolutely amazing and your fiancee must be over the moon.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results