shape
carat
color
clarity

Grills and Fangs ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Dealing with some hip hop and rappers I knew this time would come. Ive handled the requests for the big pieces you cant cast in one shot. But, how do you do Grills ? Do you ask for their dentist first?

My wife asked do you really want to get into that , since you deal in high end jewelry?

I had to think about it for a while $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ Then I said yes :) a few jobs that pays well wont ruin my store :)

Does anybody have any clue about these ? How they fit? I got a lot of reading to do.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
I have no advice to give you whatsoever. Just want to say I''m curious too about how they are made, and to wish you luck with your new product venture! Who knows, maybe a lot of PSers will be sporting grillz sometime soon
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have any answers but wowzers I am interested how many you will sell!!! Why don''t you contact a dentist. I am sure a dentist would take an impression of the teeth like they do for teeth whitening and then you would use the molds to make the grills.

I found this website. http://www.goldteeth.com/

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Consulting a dentist about this kind of work is key. I believe you have to send them to a dentist to be fitted for a grill, so it fits properly. Then once it''s finished, you do the embellishments with DA BLING. I think that''s how it all works.
34.gif

And no, I don''t have a grill, LOL!!!!
3.gif

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 5:01:05 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Consulting a dentist about this kind of work is key. I believe you have to send them to a dentist to be fitted for a grill, so it fits properly. Then once it''s finished, you do the embellishments with DA BLING. I think that''s how it all works.
34.gif

3.gif
Lol!!!!
9.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 5:01:05 PM
Author: Kaleigh
34.gif

3.gif

I''m also pretty sure this is how it works. I saw it on an episode of the Girls Next Door because one of Hefner''s girlfriends wanted one!!!

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
When you open yourself up to custom design, I guess you get all kinds. I will stick to what I know.

But Im still interested how that works ?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
OK, I feel really dumb. What''s a ''grill''?

Hello! My name is Indy Gal and I am a Pop Culture Moron!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 5:10:43 PM
Author: Independent Gal
OK, I feel really dumb. What's a 'grill'?

These hideous things. Blah
14.gif
Eww, I need to look away.
39.gif

invisible-sets2.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock

Grillz.jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
OK, I feel really dumb. What's a 'grill'?

It fits over your front teeth, and has lots of bling, gold etc...
I'm sure someone can post a pic for you...

ETA: Thanks Skippy!!!
9.gif

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Dang Skippy, you''re fast!!!
9.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
It sort of makes me sad people waste their money on those things.
15.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
LOL! Grills just really crack me up. I find them so comical. I really will be of no help here, but, I do have a funny story. After (thankfully after) my 13 year old son''s friend - who recently got braces - got out of the car, my 4 year old daughter said, "I didn''t know Matt had a grill!" We seriously died laughing. We have no idea where she heard the phrase or how in the world she knows what one is. My kids don''t idolize rappers or even listen to rap music. Anyway, I just thought I''d share my funny story. Good luck with your grill creations.

Iceman

Brilliant_Rock
Were did you find those pictures ? They are too funny. If I did choose to make them they would have to have more style then those :)

Maybe I can look up in google how to make a grill :)

We have not talked about fangs yet! Those also were requested !

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2007 6:00:15 PM
Author: Iceman
Were did you find those pictures ? They are too funny. If I did choose to make them they would have to have more style then those :)

Maybe I can look up in google how to make a grill :)

We have not talked about fangs yet! Those also were requested !

your funny. Fangs can be found on that website I posted.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
OK, I feel really dumb. What''s a ''grill''?

thanks for asking I was just about to!

And thanks for the pics (I think) I wouldn''t have believed it if you''d just described them. Wow. And not in a good way
32.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I’m told that they’re not very difficult to make although I’ve never done it and I seriously recommend that you duck this one, not because it’s in bad taste or because you can't make a buck at it but because there is a contingent liability associated with dental damage that may last forever. Ask your insurer if you’re covered. You’re betting your wife’s house on this as well as your own so it’s fair that she gets a vote.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ICGA(AGS) NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

imhelping

Rough_Rock
I agree. As a fourth year dental student, and I''ve read several studies on the effect of tongue rings on the gums and supporting tissue of the teeth. Doesn''t look good. Haven''t read anything about grills though.

However, I would think that as long as the clients are well informed about the risks involved, and sign a consent form, you shouldn''t be held liable. But don''t take my word on it. I''m not a lawyer.
1.gif

I found a website that has the client making an impression of their own teeth and sending it in to the company making the grills. I would rather have a dentist make the impression, but that may just be my bias.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish my braces had bling on them...maybe instead of getting into grill-making you could add some bling to brace brackets? Hee hee...
31.gif

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
Make sure you get at least the entire cost of making it as a deposit.

One of the jewelers I use, had made a few of those... and when someone changed their mind last minute - he was stuck with something he couldn''t sell. (Something that was about $150,000+ retail in cost!!) This jeweler now requires a 75% or so (nonrefundable) deposit - since that experience.

He explains to his clients that want unusual things like grills and dog tags - that if they don''t like the deposit - they can go elsewhere. Those are not very sellable items if someone backs out. And they tend to be VERY expensive to make.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
What a perfectly horrible waste of good diamonds! Yikes. I can''t get my head around that.

I''d dodge it. It reminds me of that episode of nip/tuck where a client wanted plastic surgery on their little dog (Yorkshire Terrier?) and it died. (I really don''t know why it reminds me of that, but it does.) Anyway, it ended badly. Very badly. Run away and don''t look back!

Or not....I''m completely ignorant of any ramifications grills and fangs have. I just think they are absolutely disgusting.
9.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Man those are seriously ugly, in an obnoxious way, braces with an inferiority complex. You know the saying you can''t shine a t***?

I don''t know if ANYONE could make something with that design concept look good.

Partygypsy who likes the look of unadorned healthy teeth

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2007 9:06:50 PM
Author: part gypsy
Man those are seriously ugly, in an obnoxious way, braces with an inferiority complex. You know the saying you can''t shine a t***?

I don''t know if ANYONE could make something with that design concept look good.

Partygypsy who likes the look of unadorned healthy teeth
I like the look of unadorned healthy teeth too :)
Just wanted to say Miranda your story cracked me up! Kids say the funniest things!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iceman, here''s a more "classy" version. Maybe you could do something like this?

rcjewels1_1934_8989062.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw a show on TV where they documented the person going to the dentist to get a mold made of their teeth. The mold was then sent to the jeweler to do the grill.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results