shape
carat
color
clarity

Grey''s Anatomy--Anyone else love this show?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
All I have to say about the last 3 minutes is OMG!

Why didn''t they show scenes from the next episode?!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
YES!!! I''m mildly OBSESSED with this show! And I was also upset that they didn''t show previews from next week. Grrrr.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the last 5 minutes made my life. I was cheering in my bathrobe. I have been DYYYYYING for that to happen!!!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hehehehe, yeah, he''s obviously not happy being back with Addison.

Can I just say that I love George, first off all, and I was sooooo glad he told that family to shut the hell up? No wonder that woman has recurrent stomach ulcers!!!

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
I totally love this show too! The last few minutes, that was great... I think they didn''t show scenes from next week is because it''s not on next week - a Christmas special maybe? I think with Carol Burnett? Anyhow, I assume this time of year that it will be a few weeks (or more) before I see new episodes of my fave shows... boo!!
7.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Too funny- I''m watching it right now (west coast)

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I taped it because I have exams. Oh please, please tell me Satan is on her way out. My whole med class is obsessed. All of our studying revolves around when the show starts....except for me
14.gif
I really had to study last night. Grrrr.... I really hope Addison is going to disappear, although she''s on the credits, so I think she''s a permenent character
39.gif

sxn675

Shiny_Rock
LOL, I like the show too. My husband is a surgery resident and most of the characters remind us of people we know, so that makes it more fun to watch.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I can''t believe the last 3 minutes, not to mention I can''t believe that Derrick said that to his wife!?!

Next week is re-runs for both Grey''s Anatomy and Desperate Housewives...they are probably taking a break for the holidays since people will be busy with family and traveling, etc.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
The stupid Lion''s game was on and interrupted the show. I don''t even know why they air those games everyone will know the outcome.
29.gif

I love Grey''s Anatomy...what happened?

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
We were out watching Harry Potter and forgot to set the VCR, can someone fill me in???? What did I miss???????
40.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that''s a great show! It''s my favourite on tv right now. I have the DVR set to record it every week. Here is a recap of the show from the abc website.
"A young boy needs a heart transplant but doesn''t seem to want it, and his treatment causes Burke and Yang to have philosophical differences. Meanwhile, when the interns rally to help Alex prepare to re-take his exam, Meredith has to remind Izzie of the true spirit of the Christmas holiday; and despite a reconciliation with his wife, Derek isn''t in a festive mood."

So to elaborate on their rather wimpy recap ... Burke buys a Mxas tree for Christina, who is Jewish and really doesn''t believe in God or Santa. He kicks her out of the OR because she disrespects him by insinuating that believing in God is akin to believing in Santa. The little heart transplant patient is also having issues with religion and his Mom. He had a transplant as a baby and this will be his second. His mother tells him that Santa has brought him a new heart. He says that he doesn''t want it because the way he is looking at the situation is that his Mom is praying for some other little boy to die so that her son can get his heart, and where''s God in all of this, and why would he allow this to happen? He has the transplant but he goes into cardiac arrest and they bring him back and Christina talks to him, saying that she doesn''t believe in God or Santa, but that he should live so that he can develop a heart so that other little boys don''t have to die so that their hearts can be transplanted. Izzy goes crazy with the Mxas decorations at the house and George and Meredith keep quiet about it and are trying to be ultra-supportive because of the whole Alex thing. They all help Alex by pretending to have symptoms of illnesses that he has to diagnose because he is taking his remake exam the following day. Even Izzy helps him, despite crying through half of it, he asks her why she is helping and she screams at him "because that''s what Jesus would frigging do!" Derek doesn''t want to do the holiday shopping thing with Addison that they used to do in NYC. She keeps reminding him that it''s their favourite holiday and he keeps kind of blowing her off. He has a patient who''s personality changes after surgery and they have to do another operation in the frontal lobe. He meets up with Addison at Joe''s later and tells her that Meredith wasn''t a fling, or revenge, that he really fell in love with Meredith and Addison being there doesn''t lessen it. He knows it''s hard for her to hear, but it''s the truth! : ) There was also a case with a lady with a bleeding ulcer and all her family was in the room and yelling and the mother was totally obnoxious. She had been put off for surgery because it wasn''t life threatening and eventually it became a real problem and she was rushed to surgery. George felt bad that he hadn''t kicked the family out of her room. After the surgery the family was threatening to sue Bailey because they felt the wife/daughter patient had not received good medical care and George totally went off on them. It was great. Bailey said "oh interns, so emotional" and left smiling : ) I think that''s all I remember. Oh, when Christina went home, Burke had decorated the tree. When Meredith got home, Izzy was lying with her head under the tree looking at the lights, so Meredith joined her, and then George came too. It was sweet.

I have this on DVR, so if anyone wants to see it, I could tape it onto regular tapes and mail them out. Just let me know via pm. I''d be glad to. Yuletide spirit and all that jazz : )

I must also add that Patrick Dempsey has *definitely* matured very well and I think he deserves to be called Dr. McDreamy : )

I wish you well,

Bridget

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
Interesting. Thanks for the recap. I like it, but I mainly use it as a stopgap until I can figure out when Scrubs is on.

AChiOAlumna

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for your recap....now I feel totally caught up!!! Seeing it would''ve been better, but this was a great substitute for the real thing!!!
36.gif

appletini

Ideal_Rock
You forgot to add that Dr. Burke got Christina a menora because she said that she was Jewish.

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for this thread AME!
I LOVE this show!!! I was so glad he said that to Addison, I could NOT believe it!
I hope she gets out of town and fast!
Love Burke and Christina. She is so so closed and cold but you still love her! He compliments her personality so nicely and I loved the Menorah, too sweet!
George is the BEST!!! He such a dork that you just want to hug! Such a great show!! Can't wait for the next one!!
36.gif
36.gif

I fixed my stupid mistake of putting Madison instead of Addison! Brain Fart..sorry!!
38.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Addison is a permanent character but I just LOVED that he said that!!!

I also totally loved what Izzy said to Alex when she was bawling.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love this show too! Can''t wait for the next episode!

tawn

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve only missed it once...and I was on a plane to Vegas, so I can''t really complain! Patrick Dempsey was so lovable as a skinny dorky teenager (Can''t buy me Love), but he grew up into such a hottie!! I''ve just fallen in love with him all over again! Mc Dreamy indeed! I kinda like Addison....even though we''re supposed to hate her.

And George is such a cutie, I just love him! Christina is hilarious....love that sarcasm! I like them all!

It''s like ER but with more soap opera!

And, it follows Desperate Housewives...so it''s our new Sunday night ritual!

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
I love it too!!! I''m addicted! I make my FI watch with me every Sunday. It is our ritual.

:)

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriends uncle does the casting for the show and every time we see him hes bugging us, "you watch my show yet?" I''ve avoided it because I have no vcr and no DVR, and having a show you just cant miss can take up a lot of time and planning to make sure you dont miss it!
3.gif
but it sounds like it might be worth the effort to shedule it in.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tell your uncle his casting is immaculate.

teebee

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2005 9:55:20 PM
Author: ame
Tell your uncle his casting is immaculate.
DITTO, exclamation mark.

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
His casting is almost immaculate. Sadly, I think the show is lacking the realism that casting a real-life nurse practitioner named Munchkin would bring.
2.gif
9.gif

Seriously, though, I LOVE that show. FI is in the dark about my growing crush on George. Oooooh...I also think that the "real-life nurse practitioner named Munchkin" character should be the one who steals George''s heart next. What do you think?

Munchkin

PS Am I the only one who can never remember Dr. McDreamy''s real name? When I read Derek in the synopsis above, I was like, "who?"

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Rhapsody, is your boyfriend''s uncle John Brace? Some of my actors have been in to the office for auditions. No bookings yet, but I''m waiting for that day because I love the show! The casting is amazing!
1.gif

orangevixen

Shiny_Rock
Oh ya... I''ve been HOOKED since day 1. Haven''t missed a SECOND. Have the 1st season on pre-order! Anyone visit the ABC boards? They''re interesting...Also, I just joined what seems to be a pretty good board for those of you who are obsessed like me:

http://the-incision.net

Anyone check out Addy''s ring? I try and scope it out everytime her left hand is clear in the frame...Seems kind of small for her character - a ''big-time'' NY surgeon. I''ll bet there''s someone out there crazier than me who has a screen capture
2.gif

Rhapsody

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/16/2005 2:29:54 AM
Author: Kaili
Rhapsody, is your boyfriend''s uncle John Brace? Some of my actors have been in to the office for auditions. No bookings yet, but I''m waiting for that day because I love the show! The casting is amazing!

1.gif

John is fabulous. I''ve only met him a few times since we live in Colorado, but he is just the most friendly, nice guy you could meet. I''m sure he''d be thrilled to know his work is appreciated, he really loves his job and loves working with actors.

He called my boyfriend and I when I graduated in May and asked if that meant I would finally have time to watch his show, and sadly I still never had time to watch it. The only thing I ever seem to watch are X-files reruns at 1 in the morning.

And I''ll tell him he needs some real world edge, preferably from a nurse named Munchkin
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results