shape
carat
color
clarity

Green Tahitian pearl pendant

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Hi--I am a long-time lurker and just officially joined yesterday. This is a pendant I had made using my late Mom's engagement ring diamonds and a pearl my hubby bought me as a wedding gift in Bora Bora (we honeymooned there in April).

Platinum, main diamond about .50 ct and the pearl is 12.2 mm (approx.) I think Mom's center stone was graded G years ago but it is not particularly well-cut---very shallow. But I did not re-cut for sentimental reasons and I think it looks happy in it's new home.
I love that I can wear without the pearl and can also wear on a neoprene necklace for casual wear.
The diamond pendant also has the ability to have additional baubles made to hang from it :love:

I also attached a quick photo I took of my engagement ring/wedding band---excuse 50+ year old hands in need of mani!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations on your beautiful new custom pendant. I love that you used your mother's diamond which must be very special to you. This lovely pendant will bring your years of enjoyment with it's timeless design and lovely elements. Thank you for sharing your photos with us.

mesmerized

Rough_Rock
Pretty and very versatile. Incorporating something from both your mom and husband must make it doubly special.

How does the pearl hang onto the pendant? Or other dangles? Can you wear the pearl alone on another chain?

Not only will it remind you of two special people in your life it looks like you will get a lot of options and wear from this piece. Always a bonus.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
love that pearl!

great design for use two ways....very cleverly done.

lucyloo

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope and thanks for sharing. Your pendant is beautiful and a great design. :appl:

I was wondering how the pearl attaches?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
lucyloo|1317007209|3025601 said:
Welcome to Pricescope and thanks for sharing. Your pendant is beautiful and a great design. :appl:

I was wondering how the pearl attaches?

You took the words right out of my mouth! I love custom pieces and this one is very unique! I would love to see how it works/ attaches as well.

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
I finally got a chance to get some photos to try to show how the setting works.
Basically Mom's diamond is in a deep bezel with a pin-type jobby on the back that the pearl slips onto---it is quite secure.
I realize the setting might not be for everyone and I had concerns about the depth---but in the end I am delighted with it and the design accommodates Mom's stones and my honeymoon pearl. Plus has the ability to have other baubles made to hang from it. It feels substantial due to the platinum and I feel very fortunate to have such a sentimental piece!
Apologies for finger smudges on bale---zoom is not very forgiving!

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Oops--better zoom of the back.

eloisegirl

Shiny_Rock
What a beautiful pendant - with two very special memories connected in one custom piece. Wear it in health and joy for many years to come!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results