shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Store in MD

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Hey guys!

I wanted to write about this great shop my hubby and I visited in Old Ellicott City on Main St. here in Maryland. It was great! I had heard about it from my hair dresser. I always noticed her rings. Her ering was an antique style ring that she wore on her right hand and she had a great wedding band. It was a 4 row enternity band! Small diamonds but it took up a lot of real estate and it sparkled like mad! Loved it! So sunday my hubby and I decided to stop in and I was HUGELY impressed! They are a fairly small shop, the front had a whole case of stuff for men and what looked like ering settings and wedding bands. The staff were very friendly, and greeted us immediatly (despite us looking like bums!) I was in 7th heaven when I went to the top cases. This is where the kept estate pieces and I saw what I had been looking for...tons of gorgeous diamond rings with older cuts! I kept pointing and being like...oh look at that one...it looks like OEC! They were gorgeous. They had lots of non diamond stuff too. When I mentioned to the guy working there there I knew the cut of the diamond, he seemed immediatly happy to chat about diamonds with me even though I was obviously not buying! I managed to look at one of the price tags on the estate stuff and it was VERY pleased to note that the pricing seemed very very good. I checked out their website when I got home and it almost brought a tear to my eye (hahaha) to see a B&M have what they did on their page. You know how most mall chains have on their websites....the 4 C''s of diamonds! And they list it like Color, Clarity, Carat, and Cut...and most of them list the shape for the cut? This place lists stuff like, What is Ideal, Table, Crown Angle, Pavillion Angle ect ect. It seems like they are dedicated to selling Ideal diamonds and thats great! So anyone in my area looking for a B&M....they are called Craig Coyne Jewelers, Inc. I have their URL but I didn''t know if it was ok to put that link up!

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
devientdrow, is that Ellicott City, East of Baltimore? It sounds like a great store to visit, and if it the Ellicot City I found on my map, it''s only 44 minutes from me.

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/29/2006 7:24:59 PM
Author: old-fashioned girl
devientdrow, is that Ellicott City, East of Baltimore? It sounds like a great store to visit, and if it the Ellicot City I found on my map, it''s only 44 minutes from me.
Yep! Like I said it''s fairly small, but the stuff was great! Plus if you drive the 44 miles to get there there are lots of other shops you could visit, most of them are very kitch (i''m probably spelling that wrong!) or antique. Sometimes I love prowling all the antique stores for their jewelery! Some of them are just overpriced! But there are also restuarants and a coffee shop! It''s a nice place to go. I checked the jewelry stores site and they are open sat: 10am to 6pm and sunday 12pm to 5pm.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I adore Ellicott City!!! I''ll have to check that place out!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/30/2006 1:46:39 PM
Author: sumbride
I adore Ellicott City!!! I''ll have to check that place out!
Me too! I was just back in there today. Admiring their stuff. They weren''t busy and unline SOME jewelers if they take out the settings they actually let YOU be the one to pick them up and look over them. So I got to admire the pretties today. *SWOON!*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results