shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Site! Opinions, please step in a moment

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Conflagration

Rough_Rock
I want to marry the love of my life, and give her a diamond she can be proud to wear as my wife.

Being new to diamonds and the skill needed for an informed buying decision, I need help. The diamond I am looking to get has the following stats...

.89 ct. round F VS2
6.20x6.23x3.79
table...57%
depth..61%
medium girdle
pavilion..40.8
crown...34.5
no culet
no fluorescence

Any help is greatly appreciated as I want to get this right. The above is within my budget and she has small hands so I think it should be big enough......well at least until our 10th anny.....or sooner

This is a wonderful site!

Thank you much

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
The stone has very nice proportions and from the numbers it looks great! I love the .89 carat size because you are almost getting the appearance of a 1 carat round for a great deal less. If you wanted to get to the 1 carat range you could easily drop down to the G/SI1 range without any noticeable difference (many SI stones are completely eye clean). However, if you want to stay in the F/VS2 range this stone looks very promising, I just wanted to throw the idea out there.

Can you get an ideal scope image just to make sure that the stone is a winner?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome!

I take it the diamond is GIA graded? Looks very promising by the numbers.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto the ladies!

Conflagration

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/19/2009 5:57:03 AM
Author: Lorelei
Welcome!

I take it the diamond is GIA graded? Looks very promising by the numbers.
Yes, GIA graded.

No idealscope available

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
My personal sweet spot was F SI1, love that colourless range, and you pay for clarity.

To drop to SI1 (no black inclusions, please!!!!! and eyeclean from all angles, including sides) made sense for me personally.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
Ooohh man, after reading an adjacent thread, perhaps I better amend my ''input'' to:

''no EYEVISIBLE black inclusions please!''
3.gif

LadyBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Really nice stone, I''m sure she will love it
36.gif

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Welcome! Nice choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results