shape
carat
color
clarity

Great news on dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I''m so excited!

My ex-boss from Italy who''s daughter is going to be my oldest BM (she''s 10) just called me out of the blue, last time we spoke was at New Year.

She and her husband design and manufacture clothes for a number of really high end labels and she has just got 2 new contracts to do all the womenswear collections for two really huge designers.

She asked me if I''d found my wedding dress yet and I was bemoaning the huge UK prices and my horribly expensive tastes - I said my feeling was I wanted something very fitted and with a little chapel train, but with sleeves and in lace and that I rather liked Pronovias.

So, she says, well why don''t you try some on, decide exactly the sort of thing you want - then I''ll get my pattern cutter to cut a pattern to your measurements and you and my husband can go and choose all the fabrics direct from the suppliers and we''ll make it for you!!!!

Then... she says, I tell you what, I''ll even have a word with xxx (one of the major designers) and she if he''ll design your dress for you based round your ideas.
23.gif

I can''t believe it!
36.gif

FI won''t see why I''m so excited - and all my work colleagues are male so I had to come and tell you guys first. Can''t see me doing much work for the rest of today!
31.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That''s awesome!!! Congrats!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s amazing news! WOW! You must be so excited!!

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Wow - that''s exciting! A custom made dress.....lovely!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! That''s freakin awesome!!! I hope you post pics when it''s all finished!!!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s incredible! Lucky you!
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
How cool is that?? That''s so awesome!!! Yay for you!!!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I just can't believe it - I am so incredibly lucky.

I will be paying all the physical costs involved like the fabrics but they will do the labour for free. I've rung my mother and got her to take a cottage that they have for holiday rental off the market for the 2 weeks including and after my wedding so that my friend and her family can have it for free a holiday while they are in the UK to say thank you.

And now I can drive FI mad by obsessing over every detail ... he thought it was all over once the e-ring design was finished
31.gif
He was hoping I'd just have to settle for what I could find in a shop. Tee hee...

Actually, he's very tolerant and loves it when I'm mid-project on anything. As he says: A Pandora with a project is a happy Pandora. Gotta love that man!

ETA - the potential designer in question lives not a million miles from you bee - but would prefer not to post his full name at the moment. I'm sure you will know who I mean though.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
That''s awesome. It''s like you are a celebrity.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
Congrats.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, thats amazing!! I can''t wait to see when it is done!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
That''s very exciting! Can''t wait to see the dress!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results