shape
carat
color
clarity

great girly beach read ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
going to mexico soon and need a great book ! any ?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I haven''t bought it, but FMIL is reading the Barbara Walters book and says it is quite interesting. If your going for girly-girly, then maybe "Chasing Harry Winston". 3 women about to hit the Big 30, and dealing with all the trials and tribulations that that brings in New York City.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m not really into beach reads, but do LOVE "bridget jones'' diary." Have you read it? It''s funny and perfect light reading.

blissfulbride

Shiny_Rock
oh thanks girls im right all the books down and looking into them on amazon!

muah

Blair138

Brilliant_Rock
Yes Sophie Kinsella!! and Emily Giffin-she has Something Borrowed, Something Blue and Baby Proof (all very good!!!)

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I just finished "The Next Thing on My List" which was a cute, quick girly read - and not quite AS predictable as most chick lit is.

Every Boy''s Got One, Queen of Babble, Size 12 Isn''t Fat - Meg Cabot (same author as the Princess Diaries series - still fun, quirky characters for adults) are ones I like to read over and over again for a fun pick-me-up. Every Boy''s Got One is written entirely in e-mails, memos, texts, voicemails, journals...kinda fun and a little different.

DH threw a book called "A Rose From the Dead" by Kate Collins in my stocking at Xmas and I just read it as a plane book - fun, girly murder mystery - I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.

And the one that I''m looking to read is Chasing Harry Winston...it''s on my Amazon list.

The Shopaholic series is fab

OHHHHHHH - wait - my favorite beach read:

Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes. That one is FUN and fabulous - it''s like you get to peek into Nicky Hilton''s life (it''s less annoying than Paris, yanno?) or something.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I recently finished The Chocolate Run and Chasing Harry Winston. I got through each book in under 24 hours so they''re quite easy and entertaining reads. I haven''t read too many easy reads this year but most things by Marian Keyes and Sophia Kinsella are a breeze. I can''t think that either have anything new out right now. Ladies Number 1 Detective Agency is also good, not as trashy or quick reading as the others listed above.

A bit more substance but still very attention holding for me were Notes from an Exhibition, The Thirteenth Tale, One Good Turn, and The Memory Keeper''s Daughter.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How could I forget?! Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin has a better writing style than the Marian Keyes and Sophia Kinsella books but is super entertaining. Something Blue is the follow up to it told from the perspective of the other women. Very interesting reads.

pjean

Brilliant_Rock
Anything by Jennifer Crusie, but especially Welcome to Temptation or Fast Women. They''re funny (I have laughed out loud on public transportation, to the concern of those around me). They''re wise. They''re highly enjoyable.

Also anything by Joshilyn Jackson (her blog is called Faster than Kudzu, and is one of the funnier things on the internet), but especially gods in Alabama. If you''re into recorded books (which I''m not), I''m told hers are exceptionally good.

Yay, non-work reading! I need me some of that.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
This isn''t super fluffy, but it was an excellent girl-read. "Things I want My Daughters to Know" by Elizabeth Noble.

I highly recommend it! I enjoyed it from the first to the last page!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Def. Something Borrowed and Something Blue by Emily Griffin. Get both and read them in order, they are great.

Just read Chasing Harry Winston and Whacked. Both were fun, fine. Waiting to start the new Janet Evanovich. I love Mary Kay Andrews too, and Jane Heller. Once I find an author I like to read I tend to stay with them. Susan Isaacs is one of my all time favorites.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I actually really liked "Diary of a Mad Bride", which seems appropriate given the common thread of the forum
3.gif
Chasing Harry Winston was ok, but the Devil Wears Prada was MUCH better. Shopaholic books are cute and fun, and of course, maybe some historical fiction (lite)? Like Philippa Gregory''s books?

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
The Secret Life of Bees, Circle of Friends, anything by Maeve Binchy. Memoirs of A Geisha, The kitchen God''s wife, The Ya Ya books, She''s Come Undone, Diana Gabaldon is a good author for that kind of read, Wuthering Heights, Little Women, The Notebook.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
All those books are great...

don''t shoot me but i''m reading Stori Telling the Tori Spelling book and I''m enjoying every single fluffy page of it!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
"The girl''s guide to hunting and fishing" by melissa banks. I have reco''d it to many friends, and they have all loved it. It''s a light read.

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
The twilight series is so good! I just finished the 4th book. It came out at midnight last night...I staye dup until 5:30 am reading it!!!!! Its technically a teen series, but its one of the best written books I''ve read in a while.

Have fun in mexico!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Eat, Pray, Love

disneybride

Shiny_Rock
The Beachhouse & Chasing Harry Winston

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Something Borrowed by Emily Griffin

Cute book about love and defeat.

mrm

Shiny_Rock
I think Something Blue and Baby Proof are better by Emily Griffin than Something Borrowed (what LIW or future bride wantsto read about a girl who is letting her best friend plan her wedding while sleeping with her fiance?!?!?!
emembarrassed.gif
)

Valley of the Dolls is a MUST READ! It was written back in the 40s or 50s and feels like it was written today. A FABULOUS girl read. My sister refused to read books before I made her read that one, now she is a book-a-holic :).

Summerhouse by Jude Devorex is FABULOUS! As is her follow up (written many years later) Return to Summerhouse.

"Perfect" by Judith McNaught is a great "romance novel".

And, as mentioned, Jennifer Weiner books are great. And if you like her, you'll like Jane Green (Jemima J and Second Chances were really good).

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
My favorite "girl power" book is The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
The two best:

1) Bergdorf Blonde''s (by Plum Sykes---the supposed "real" Anne Hathaway from Devil Wears Prada) and the New York Times Best Seller 2) Helen of Troy by Margaret George (could not put it down!).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Meg Cabot also has very fun girlie books.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results