shape
carat
color
clarity

great experience with B2C Jewels

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
My search for a yellow emerald cut diamond might be over. Alex at B2C helped me find a 1.18 intense yellow, after one bad candidate, one return, one bargain I lost by seconds to another buyer (the timing is like Formula One). An intense yellow step cut that I can actually afford, sort of. Anyway, it's being set right now, hope to post photos. It has green fluor so it might be interesting.
I've bought diamonds two other places and the service here is outstanding, and I am NO big spender. These might be the most polite people on the planet and the most attentive. Alex worked so hard to secure a diamond I really like and Patrick took care of the financial details with tact and efficiency. This diamond will be more beautiful because of how kindly I was treated.

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see the pics!! Sounds awesome!!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooh

Emerald Cut?
Intense Yellow?
Green fluor??

This is going to be amazing :))

EDIT:
@Matthews1127 for the forthcoming eye-candy ;-)

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately the diamond chipped while being set, Patrick sent me the sad image. He said everyone there felt it was a really nice diamond, exceptional performance. But they don't sell chipped diamonds.
These things happen, I need to count my blessings.

Reactions: AV_

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nooooooo :(

That is sad news!

Is it possible to recut it? It would be a shame to waste what sounds like an awesome stone!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
The setter said it almost seemed "soft" when it broke while setting a prong. I wonder if it had some inclusion that wasn't obvious but made it weak. As Patrick said, it's a good thing it broke with them and not once I got it home. I could see myself hitting a door frame and having it shatter.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The setter said it almost seemed "soft" when it broke while setting a prong. I wonder if it had some inclusion that wasn't obvious but made it weak. As Patrick said, it's a good thing it broke with them and not once I got it home. I could see myself hitting a door frame and having it shatter.
That is strange :( but I know that some diamonds have suffered a lot of strain under the ground and may be weakened!

I hope they can save the rest of the stone with a recut :)

If you would be happy to post the pictures, it would still be cool to see it :)) (although I appreciate you might not want to because it is annoying/upsetting.)

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
IMG_2373.jpg
That is strange :( but I know that some diamonds have suffered a lot of strain under the ground and may be weakened!

I hope they can save the rest of the stone with a recut :)

If you would be happy to post the pictures, it would still be cool to see it :)) (although I appreciate you might not want to because it is annoying/upsetting.)

Reactions: AV_

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Hope this is visible. Hard to not feel gutpunched, it was so beautiful, so much light.
HOWEVER, let us keep this in perspective. What really matters, family, friends, animals.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope this is visible. Hard to not feel gutpunched, it was so beautiful, so much light.
HOWEVER, let us keep this in perspective. What really matters, family, friends, animals.
That is a real shame!

It looks great, even from the reverse!

I guess some things just aren't meant to be, so hopefully whatever the universe has lined up for you next will be even more awesome!

Do ask about whether they consider it could be recut, though - it would be a shame if it can't.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
That is a real shame!

It looks great, even from the reverse!

I guess some things just aren't meant to be, so hopefully whatever the universe has lined up for you next will be even more awesome!

Do ask about whether they consider it could be recut, though - it would be a shame if it can't.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your kind words. So many good people on this forum, it's been wonderful to discover it.
I did ask about a recut. My guess is they'll cut it into a radiant, which I don't want. But it might make vivid as such, and be a beautiful diamond for someone. Or a yellow drill bit, who knows.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much for your kind words. So many good people on this forum, it's been wonderful to discover it.
I did ask about a recut. My guess is they'll cut it into a radiant, which I don't want. But it might make vivid as such, and be a beautiful diamond for someone. Or a yellow drill bit, who knows.
lol

May it survive another day!

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
It survived the cutting wheel! This wasn't even an option until Patrick at B2C called me two days later and asked if still I wanted this diamond. Yes, if it can be re-cut and set safely, of course. They had a meeting with their top people and plotted it out, 2 or 3 pt.s off the pavilion side, if all goes well. It took several days, during which I lost faith and reached out to Todd Gray at niceince. Turns out he knows people at B2C and he was on the phone immediately. He got back to me, saying hold tight, they're just making sure you have a diamond that's durable. Anyway, I got it Sat. and I gasped. It's small - that's a .40 S-T radiant above for reference, but it's beautiful, and boy is it green in natural light. Peridot green. Lawn clippings.
I am so grateful for B2C for the extra time and expense they went through, from Alex to Patrick and back to Alex. I would recommend them without hesitation. And thank you, Todd. Bless your very big heart.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results