shape
carat
color
clarity

Great Christmas gift suggestions - post them here!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am buying this for a friend's toddler. How monumentally cool is this???!! I got her name monogrammed on the back in swirly black writing - 'Miss Abby'.

I love that you had her name monogrammed..She’ll love it!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All my 6 year old son wants is a 2 wheel hoverboard. I'm all for anything that keeps him outdoors! :lol-2: I reckon they're a great teenager gift.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All my 6 year old son wants is a 2 wheel hoverboard. I'm all for anything that keeps him outdoors! :lol-2: I reckon they're a great teenager gift.

My nieces got those a few years ago and they loved them. I tried getting on it and nope no way. Could not balance for a moment. Same for my dh. The kids though take to them like fish to water and make it look so easy.

alexaonhoverboard.jpg

bethanyonhoverboard.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy they're awesome! My 6 year old took to it straight away too without the slightest hesitation, it certainly took me a lot longer! And what gorgeous girls your nieces are :kiss2: Beautifully dressed too! Love the boots.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy they're awesome! My 6 year old took to it straight away too without the slightest hesitation, it certainly took me a lot longer! And what gorgeous girls your nieces are :kiss2: Beautifully dressed too! Love the boots.

Thank you @Dandi. I am impressed you can do the hoverboard. There is no way I am trying that again. I just don't have that kind of innate balance. Sweet that you can join your 6 year old. I am impressed. :appl:

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
If anyone has someone on their list who is an ardent baseball fan, this site is great for unique gifts:

They make wallets out of baseball gloves. Really special and unique.

@Mamabean - the rings are lovely and what a thoughtful gift. My personal preference is the one stacked with the eternity band.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't buy presents just for Christmas or birthdays.
If I see something that I believe one of my closest and dearest may like, I would get it and give it to him/her when I see him/her next.

I make edible gifts for Christmas as they do not cost a lot to make, just time and efforts, and I enjoy making them.

Like roasted nuts, other savoury bites, homemade chocolate truffles, minces sundries tomato in oil, tapenade, salted chocolate sauce etc...

I can then pick and choose what to include in his/her goody bag depending on his/her tastes.

DK :))

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@facetgirl Thank you! I’m going to give her that one!

Gussie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoverboarders beware! If the hoverboard beeps when it needs to be charged, make sure your child (or you!) gets off immediately and charges it. The board has a limited amount of charge after the beeps and it will abruptly stop, throwing the rider off. Don't ask how we know this!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Gussie funny you should mention that, it actually happened to my son...he ignored the neighbour's warning to jump off, and he was catapulted onto the ground (fortunately we have very thick, soft lawn!) Thankfully he wasn't hurt, and found it hilarious. I did have to stifle a giggle myself...hes not the most graceful kid. He's huge for his age, he's not fat but at 6 years old he's 132 cm tall and about 28 kgs, built like a brick! And lands like a sack of potatoes. But he bounces :mrgreen:

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
This year I bought a snowman theme serving plate and snowman dish towel from Homegoods for neighbors, etc. Less than $15. Last year I went to a craft show and bought small olive oil dipping dishes with rough bottoms to rub garlic.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for the record, a great gift for me would be a Ferrari - preferably a 355 with a manual gearbox, not fussed on colour ;))

If not that, an F40 would do nicely. Or maybe an 812 Superfast.

I'm not too fussy, just let me know when you're popping round so I can make space on the driveway ;-) :lol:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bake something for people.
Bread, cookies, muffins, whatev.

Lots of people love home baked goodies, and baking is relaxing ... well, it is to me anyway.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I bake every year, tho I find my pre-made chocolate martini mixture is even more well received! :mrgreen: I bake for my neighbors and each year, along with everything else, my husband gets a Christmas cake, which I'm pretty sure is the highlight of the festive season for him!

Years ago, 2 friends and I used to do hampers. We each had our specialties, and some people would get a few things, other people would get other things, and certain close family members got the whole shebang. Between the three of us we'd do curry mixes, pastries, pate, cheese balls, Christmas cakes and pies, ganache, cocktail mixes, preserved lemons, chutneys, jams. I also tried making my own chocolates one year but...um...yeah - no.

We'd also include things like fresh fruit, pasta, little pots of living herbs and so on. So for instance, you might have received 2 different jars of curry mix - one tomato based, one coconut cream based, a bag of chopped vegetables, a pot of living coriander, and a bottle of lemon infused tequila. Or you might have received scones - still warm, a jar of clotted cream, a jar of ganache, strawberry preserves and a bottle of champagne.

We did this for a bunch of years till I ultimately moved to the UK, at which point I didn't have the relationships with people that warranted that much work, or the support network of my 2 girlfriends to help me do it all and make it fun (it was beautiful, but SUPER labor intensive). I still cook for neighbors, but I tend to do these (ginger bread angel cakes - the ones with the white filling, or chocolate mousse cup cakes) - and they are very well received, I can tell you!

IMG_2302 copy.JPG

IMG_2501 copy.JPG

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's a gift I bought for the daughter of a girlfriend of mine this year. I loved it because of it's retro look and because I was able to get it monogrammed. It's from Pottery Barn Kids. DH put it together, so it will come fully assembled and ready to riiiiide! :mrgreen: 20191120_184552.jpg

Here's the link for anyone interested. They have a range of styles and colors:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my hubby loves hot sauce. All kinds. This is one of Oprah's favorite things for 2019. I'm getting it for his stocking.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We‘re away, so not doing presents for each other. However, I’ve got DH a tiny little gift in memory of our beautiful girl, who we lost recently. The company does lots of different dog breeds.

4A7EE5A2-8F31-4037-A0BE-8FD93923094C.jpeg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my hubby loves hot sauce. All kinds. This is one of Oprah's favorite things for 2019. I'm getting it for his stocking.

Check out heatonist.com and Hot Ones YouTube videos. DH purchased some of the hot sauces they feature and they're fiery:angryfire:. I daresay better than Oprah.

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium

jbake

Brilliant_Rock
I love these reusable silicone straws. One of my friends had them this summer & I quickly ordered some of my own.

So far, one of my sisters and maybe my children’s teachers will be getting them with a tervis as a little gift this year.

BDE8A89C-1345-4EB1-8561-CB79207AB450.jpeg

Elizabeth35

Brilliant_Rock
Austina-the keychain is lovely—do you have a link or the company name?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ll look it up for you @Eiizabeth35

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
If anybody has a little extra cash and time I would highly recommend supporting our community and making some grab bags for our homeless. Even where I live its much too cold to be on the street at night and I live in a place that commonly hits 105 degrees in the summer.

Some ideas for these grab bags include 2 pairs of thick long white socks. The fruit of the loom ones from walmart work very well! & some hygiene essentials; the mini section of the store is perfect for these. Tooth paste/brush and deodarant are both great. For homeless women, tampons and pads are a godsend. A baked good from the heart also adds a wonderful touch. Just anything you can give that would make their lives a teensy bit easier or make them feel more human.
I think most of it is just reminding our community that everyone matters and that we didnt forget about you.

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
My go-to gift is the Google Nest Hub. It's great as a digital picture frame and for music. Other ideas are: Instant Pot, Aerogarden Indoor Garden, cookbooks, Apple Watch, Nintendo Switch, and of course, Jewelry!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry @Elizabeth35 I’m in the UK and the seller only ships to the UK.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For the meat lover in your life how about an Omaha steak subscription? We gave these to my dad one year and my sister's colleagues and it was a huge hit.

They are always running sales too.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I posted a thread about an electric air duster here, and would highly recommend something like this for someone with a lot of electronics, who is a heavy computer user/gamer or just for general use around the home/garage/shop to replace canned air.

For baking ideas, one of my “go-to” goodies to give/gift is Oreo balls. They’re super easy, absolutely decadent & delish, and you can mix up the ‘flavors’ a bit with plain Oreos, mint Oreos, add some other food flavoring like hazelnut, etc. I sometimes just use white chocolate melted and drizzled over them vs. the dark/milk chocolate, sprinkle other festive edible decoration on them, etc. Very versatile, edible ‘gift’! I would recommend making each ball no bigger than an inch though; they’re so rich that any bigger is almost too much.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My sweetie and I are giving our close friends and family “Best of the Midwest” gift boxes featuring some of our favorite discoveries from recent trips to the Midwest: a pound of particularly fantastic wild rice, a nice wild rice cookbook*, a package of a buckwheat pancake mix that we kind of fell in love with, and a bottle of maple syrup.

Long stories (and some dumb luck) on how we got enough for 15 gift boxes worth of the goodies at a reasonable prices! As in, we’ll be getting together to repackage the Sturdiwheat buckwheat pancake mix that we were able to buy in bulk into individual bags and glue instructions etc on the bags we bought in bulk on Amazon...:lol:

Next year, gift cards!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More to the point of this post though, especially where teenagers are concerned...

I got my sweetie a pair of AFTERSHOKZ “wireless bone induction headphones.” They’re Bluetooth headphones that sit right in front of the ear, rather than in the ear canal, so they don’t block ambient sound, although they do have noise cancelling technology. These start at $80, though I got him a somewhat met expensive model.

Sweetie is an AVID mountain biker and I think he’ll like these for music and connectivity when he’s out biking, but I suspect they’ll get even more use when he’s doing stuff around the house. One additional feature that’s nice for my sweetie but probably won’t matter to most teenagers... these can be used with a hearing aid(s) in place!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Facetgirl, thank you soooooo much for the recommendation of the repurposed baseball gloves. I got a wallet for my husband and for my son and they were delighted with the thought and the gift. Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results