shape
carat
color
clarity

Got this on reserve, quick opinions on it appreciated...

Jefffy

Rough_Rock
This is the one, AGS certificate link included on the page:
http://www.bluenile.co.uk/build-your-own-diamond-ring?forceStep=DIAMONDS_STEP&builder=BYOR&pid=LD02226928

Carat weight: 0.52
Cut: Ideal
Colour: G
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 61.7%
Table %: 55%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Negligible
Measurements: 5.16 x 5.20 x 3.20 mm

HCA details:
Light Return: Excellent
Fire: Excellent
Scintillation: Excellent
Spread: Very Good

The HCA graph shows it falling firmly within the AGS0 candidate box and it seem sto tick all the boxes of what I'm looking for on paper. I'm not experienced at all at reading the light performance map on the AGS certificate - does this look like a good performer for the price/balance of characterisitics?

Since I don't want to go any lower on color, is this a good pick?

Many thanks!

Spoopayrank5t

Rough_Rock
It was brilliant idea i had seen all sample pics .. in all dimension .good luck :love:

Jefffy

Rough_Rock
Thanks!

I take it those inclusions are nothing to worry about. They are so faintly marked on the report that I missed them on my bright monitor earlier.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am pretty sure your replyer above was spam, either way, that does look lovely on paper. :) Did you get pics or any further info?

Jefffy

Rough_Rock
No pics other than the light performance on in the AGS report. Will Blue Nile even provide them if I ask? I'm under a bit of time pressure now, so unless pics can be forthcoming very quickly (which I doubt) I might have to do with just the paper and hope for the best as with a 5 day delivery time I've very nearly run out of time :/ - Is there any other info I should try and request?

The 54.7% table size is perhaps a bit on the small side - but perhaps this isn't a problem considering the other proportions of the diamond.

Many thanks

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it looks great. BN does not provide images but I think this is about as 'safe' as you can get without images. also nothing wrong with 54.7% table.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
slg47|1317823842|3033811 said:
it looks great. BN does not provide images but I think this is about as 'safe' as you can get without images. also nothing wrong with 54.7% table.

Ditto!

BN has a generous return policy - I would feel comfortable purchasing, and planning to return on the off chance it doesn't meet expectations IRL. Are you going to have BN set the stone before having it shipped out? If you were looking at an unusually sized or proportioned stone I would say beware, but even if for some reason this one does not meet your expectations you can easily find a replacement of same size to fit into the setting, as long as you aren't planning on anything super complicated, or a full bezel, or something (if you are I'd recommend having the stone shipped to look at loose, to make sure you love it).

Jefffy

Rough_Rock
Well I took the plunge and ordered. Hopefully it lives up to expectations - it is being set in a plain 4 prong solitaire.

I'll take some pics and upload - when its done. Many thanks for all the help I've been given personally here as well as the numerous threads that have informed me on various matters. It's been really quite fun learning a little about the world of diamonds - just need the funds to make such purchases more regular hehe.

Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results