shape
carat
color
clarity

Got this in the mail...invite wording...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok, I saw this and got kind of confused...not because it''s not clear, but because it''s all spelled out...

Bride''s mother
Bride''s father
Groom''s mother and stepfather
Groom''s father and stepmother
request the pleasure of your company
at the marriage of their children
Bride
to
Groom
Date
Time
etc.

Would this be the proper way to do that? It seems odd to me for some reason...

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a mouthful!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I am not sure, but that is a heck of a lot of words.

When it is not the standard it would be hard.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I think that it would have been better with "Bride and Groom, together with their parents, request the pleasure of your company..."

I got it (FI thought it was an advertisement when he got it out of the mailbox btw...) and started reading that, and I was a little taken aback. I mean, I know they are all divorced and all contributing to the wedding, but it''s kind of...in your face? I dunno. I understand wanting to honor them individually, but I would have tried to do it some other way I think...

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Honestly, even though it seems like a mouthful, I think its nice that they all are (apparently) hosting the wedding - it indicates a certain degree of cooperation and willingness to come together to throw a nice party for their children. That could just be me (of the family that could never manage that) having some wishful thinking though...

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Everything looks right... except I am not seeing "at the marriage of their children" anywhere, I only saw "at the marriage of" when I looked it up.

ETA: I just saw that on The Knot, it says "their children". For the record, I was checking Wedding Paper Divas, where it only said "at the marriage of".

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:06:11 PM
Author: FrekeChild
Yeah I think that it would have been better with 'Bride and Groom, together with their parents, request the pleasure of your company...'

I got it (FI thought it was an advertisement when he got it out of the mailbox btw...) and started reading that, and I was a little taken aback. I mean, I know they are all divorced and all contributing to the wedding, but it's kind of...in your face? I dunno. I understand wanting to honor them individually, but I would have tried to do it some other way I think...
I think you're only supposed to use that if the B&G are helping to pay for the wedding.

It is a mouthfull... Can you imagine the size of that head table??

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 12:07:00 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Honestly, even though it seems like a mouthful, I think its nice that they all are (apparently) hosting the wedding - it indicates a certain degree of cooperation and willingness to come together to throw a nice party for their children. That could just be me (of the family that could never manage that) having some wishful thinking though...

I was thinking the same. If they''re all paying then I think that''s the only way to write it all out. We''re doing it the way that Freke suggested as we''re paying for a third of it ourselves.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Some parents really want their names on the invites rather than "together with their parents". Meresal is also right that the "together" phrase is used when the B&G are contributing too usually.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 1:29:40 PM
Author: neatfreak
Some parents really want their names on the invites rather than ''together with their parents''. Meresal is also right that the ''together'' phrase is used when the B&G are contributing too usually.
That is very true. Esp when they''ve been divorced and re-married for some time.. because if they remarried when children were 6 vs 16, then they all helped RAISE them too and I think that though a mouthful would be propper... because the invitation is supposed to imply who is PAYING and THUS INVITING you to the party being thrown. If they are all chipping in... all the names should be on there.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Here''s it traditional to say "Brides parents" request the presence of "so and so" and the marriage of their daughter "little princess" to "love of her life".

With slightly different wording
2.gif

That is a mouthful! Talk about cramming family situation down everyone''s throats. I would assume all 6 parents are contributing to the wedding.

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
"Blank and blank, together with their parents..." should only be used if the engaged couple are helping pay for the wedding. I like that they felt it was important to include the names of all of the parents, especially since they''re all contributing to the wedding. A mouthful, yes, but not in your face; it''s who they are as a family and they''re clearly comfortable with that, good for them.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Knowing what I do about the wedding it should technically say:

Bride and
Groom together with
Bride''s mom,
Bride''s dad,
Groom''s mom and stepfather,
Groom''s dad and stepmother
and Groom''s aunt and uncle
request the pleasure of your company at their marriage.

They are ALL paying for something in it. The Aunt and Uncle are paying for the honeymoon and the open bar. And the rest are contributing cash to the rest of it.

I just thought it looked REALLY awkward.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I think maybe a Billboard would have been most appropriate then
2.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock

We didn''t have much space on our invites so we put:

Together with their parents

Bride and Groom

request yada yada yada

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/27/2009 7:30:22 PM
Author: meresal
I think maybe a Billboard would have been most appropriate then
2.gif
It would be the only thing that would have enough room for everyone!!!!

Maybe everyone I know is weird, but all of the more.. formal.. wedding invites I''ve seen had all that mumbo jumbo in it..???? Hmmm. I guess I thought that''s how you did it??

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I''m pretty sure Freke was referring to the fact that there are four "sets" of parents mentioned on the invitation, rather than the traditional "Mr and Mrs. John Andrew Doe request the honour of your presence..." or "Jane Doe and John Dover together with their parents request the honour of your presence..."

I think it looks cumbersome too, but I suppose if you want to mention everyone, that''s the way to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results