shape
carat
color
clarity

Got the ring, permission from Dad...now what?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mr.MojoRisin

Rough_Rock
I only have 2 ideas and I''m interested to hear what you all think...

1) She sews a lot...I was thinking about attaching the ring to one end of the string that she''s been crafting with and when she discovers it, get on one knee and ask.

or

2) I got her a computer game that she absolutely loves and I was thinking that I would make the desktop wallpaper on my computer read: "Hey Look Behind You!" and when she turns around, I''ll be on one knee...

I have been told, whatever I do - be creative and make sure she remembers this for the rest of her life. Any thoughts?? I''m open to ideas!!

Thanks,
-Mojo

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
What fun!

I do not think #1 would work very well, because it would be hard to guarantee that you are around when she reaches the end of the string...

#2 sounds nice.

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/14/2005 7:46:25 PM
Author:Mr.MojoRisin
I only have 2 ideas and I''m interested to hear what you all think...

1) She sews a lot...I was thinking about attaching the ring to one end of the string that she''s been crafting with and when she discovers it, get on one knee and ask.

or

2) I got her a computer game that she absolutely loves and I was thinking that I would make the desktop wallpaper on my computer read: ''Hey Look Behind You!'' and when she turns around, I''ll be on one knee...

I have been told, whatever I do - be creative and make sure she remembers this for the rest of her life. Any thoughts?? I''m open to ideas!!

Thanks,

-Mojo
Okay Mojo-

Here''s my recommendation. Watch the movie Step Mom. I know you''re a guy and chick flicks probably aren''t your thing, but you will only have to bare about half of the ooey gooey chick flick to get to the scene I am talking about. There is a beautiful scene involving a spool of thread. Ed Harris ties the end of a string around Julia Roberts'' ring finger and slowly unrolls a ball of thread. He talks about being married and tells her all sorts of incredibly sweet future minded things and as he talks he lets the ring glide down the string onto her finger and then asks her to marry him. I would defintly tweak the message (because it was intended for a future step mom), but something like that would definitly make a lasting memory!I know I would love it if my future DF would do something like that for me. It gave me chill bumps, but then again I am a BIG sap!

Good Luck!
Janna

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mojo,
As I was reading this post the same thing came to mind about the movie Stepmom. It''s such a cool thing and may take some practice on your end, but soooo romantic. Jorman beat me to it, I love that idea.
2.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Kaleigh- Isn''t that the best proposal ever? I covet it every time I see that movie and I''m not even engaged yet!
Mojo- I highly recommend secretly renting Stepmom, and I agree with Kaleigh that you are gonna need to practice.
Good luck!

Jorman

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
All right, Mr. Mojo......what''s the latest? Would love to hear what you decided to do and see some pictures of that baby!! It might not have come together in 4 days, but you still seem to have gotten things in order pretty quickly!!! DO TELL!!

shaneyboy

Rough_Rock
YEAH, i think that''s a great idea! But, as was said earlier.....Mojo, you haven''t told us what you did or if you did anything as yet!! Tell us man! and one more thing....does she sew for you? you could always ask her to repair one of your trousers for you and tell her that you want her to repair the pockets, and say that you''re waiting for it to go to work, and have your ring in the pocket....might work.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results