shape
carat
color
clarity

got the Bosch dishwasher...arrived today one week sooner than expected..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
It arrived one week sooner.Just doing its firt job.. My Asko was quiet, but this is something else.Runs silently.Hope it does a good job.Thanks to all who responded to my original question.. so far so good...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My aunt loves hers! Congrats, new major appliances are fun!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks , They sure are fun.I was never able to wash wine glasses in my dishwasher before ( they did not fit properly) The dishes came out clean, but what impressed me most were the wine glasses, I could never got them that shiny by hand washing..Was quiet also and the buzzer that I was warned about was not too loud at all. They must have fixed it because I expected the worse and it was not too loud.Hopefully it will work well.. Thanks again

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you got your new dishwasher Scarleta and I hope it works well for you!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am replacing my Miele, something went wrong with how it was used and it is not doing the best job now. Let me know how you like it.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
How old is your Miele? you are replacing? I bought Bosch was recommended here.I am new to it some folks here used it for a long time and highly rated it.Its quiet and the dishes came out clean.I never had a problem with dishes not beeing clean in my previos Asko , ( had to replaced it after 15 or so years)What impressed me most were wine glasses in Bosch.It took me hours to do by hand as they did not fit in my old Asko.This one did an excellent job.Are you getting another Miele? or thinking different brand?

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Enjoy it! I love my bosch. It was installed by the previous owners just before they put the house on the market. I did not even notice the brand until after close and after we moved in.

The first time we used it, Ithought it was broken and not working since it was so quiet. I love that. Our kitchen flows right into our great room so a noisy dishwasher would have been a real pain! But you can barely hear it. We have lived here for almost 2 years and the dishwasher is as quiet as it was day 1. No problems.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is only seven years old but it is leaving a gross film on things no matter what I do. I have had multiple service calls. I do everything they say to do and yet it seems the issue is getting worse. I think my model is the 804. It was about 1500.00 dollars seven years ago, the top of the line, and I have to say I have not been thrilled. I am calling the appliance place tomorrow and seeing what other brands they like, Bosch and Asko too, and what they recommend. I hope to have it in by the end of the week because my glasses look nasty and it does not come off when you wash by hand!! I am using the same powder in the same amount as I was told by the Miele repair guy, so I am not sure what gives.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
thanks! I was going to try white vinegar. it just seems to be happening all of sudden, and my water hardness level could not have suddenly changed. I am using the same electrasol and same rinse agent so it is baffling to me.

ljmorgan

Brilliant_Rock
Definitely try the white vinegar, it really works. When I have a dishload that is particularly full of glass, I always add a bit of white vinegar. Every few cycles also try running an EMPTY cycle with 1-2 cups of white vinegar. This cleans and disinfects the dishwasher, and can help get rid of stuff that leaves of film. I recently read an article on all of the wonders of white vinegar and I have been using it for everything
2.gif
I hope the vinegar helps with your white film.

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Yes I too run my washing machine and dishwasher few times every year with vinegar and cold water.It flushes the pipes.Something esle I learned when they brough my new dishwasher the installer noticed my huge ( Costco box) of powdered Cascade powder.He asked me why so large I explained it would last me several years because I use very little( what they recommend) ANyway he said it does not keep for years anyways it deteriorates quickly and afte about 6 months it turns more salty and won''t work properly ( oxygen does it) So on his recommendation I vacum packed most of it ( no oxygen ) and only keeping small amount to use in the next 2,3 months and take it as I need it.Thought I would share it with you.
Diamondfan: Miele is a good machine from what I read so try and see if flushing with vinegar would help and be easy on soap use little.HOpe you get it going for many years to come.If not , then you can buy a new one its worth the try..keep us posted..

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got the Bosch, the something (three letters) and then 99. He told me that he likes Miele too, but since I had this issue, he really thinks the Bosch is even better. It should be in by next week. I had to hand wash all my glasses in vinegar, gross, because of that white filmy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results