shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my nails done... ready to go!

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
So to bide my waiting time I decided to prep up my hands! This past weekend I got the permenant french tips done. Already they are annoying me! haha

Has anyone else taken measures to prepare for that lovely day? Or are you planning to?

Maybe its silly but I hate the thought of the BF proposing when my nails :::gasp::: aren''t polished or are chipping! eeeekk

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, I can totally understand! You want to be able to show your new ring off to the world, right? Who wants to go get a manicure before you can tell anyone? I''ve been slacking recently though, because I''ve been doing a lot of yard work, and we''ve been doing a lot of outside stuff, like kayaking and bike rides :)

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
hahhahahah I LOOOOOVE that someone else has the same mentality as me.

Except we''re opposites. I promised myself not to get my nails done until he proposed...but I went and got one anyway and figured it would be good to have the done *just in case*

I think I''m slightly crazy =D

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Nothing makes you feel polished and pretty like a perfect manicure.....except every time I have EVER got my nails done profesionally I end up smudging or indenting them before they are fully dry, no matter how carefull I am to keep them looking nice and then I feel really bumed out that I spent that money and now my nails are "ruined". I have an obsessive personality so it really grinds my gears.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 12:53:07 AM
Author: 4ever
Nothing makes you feel polished and pretty like a perfect manicure.....except every time I have EVER got my nails done profesionally I end up smudging or indenting them before they are fully dry, no matter how carefull I am to keep them looking nice and then I feel really bumed out that I spent that money and now my nails are ''ruined''. I have an obsessive personality so it really grinds my gears.

Same here! I don''t get my nails done often, like literally only about 5 times in my whole life. I mostly don''t get manicures because I hate the sound of the nail file (it''s just one of those sounds that goes right through me), and because I don''t like acrylic or any kind of fake nails. So, any time I go, it''s just to get them painted, which I feel I can do at home. So, why pay for it? Plus, like I said before, I always end up messing them up soon afterwards. I''m a perfectionist too, so it always bugs me too.

AH I love it! I am totally going to get my nails all manicured as much as i can. I have literally only gotten my nails done 2 times in my 22 years of life...got some catching up to do! I just don''t want it to be when the bf proposes i look down as he is slipping the ring on the finger and think ::Gasp:: My nails look horrible! Silly i know but still in the back of my head!

CourtLynB

Rough_Rock
I usually try to get a mani at least once a week and a pedi every other week. But i''m more obsessed with my feet than hands because I love to wear sandels. And i''m only 24, but my hands are already incredibly wrinkled from working outside every summer since i was 12, without wearing sunscreen. So I try not to draw attention to them, but i still like getting them pampered. It''s a good thing they''re small.

On the other hand (no pun intended), I have absolutly no idea when the ring is coming, so that could be a lot of manicures!
6.gif

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
4ever thats is so totally true.... already had to get a nail fixed and added glue to all the rest just in case! grr this better be worth it eventually hahaa

Im still having trouble getting used to typing so excuse any typos girls!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
i LOVE the look of fake nails, but I can''t maintain them and I HATE how they look after they come off.. So, I''m all about manicures now! I''m OBSESSED with OPI nail polish. I blame my mom.. she aids my addiction by allowing me to buy endless nail polishes and taking me to get manis and pedis
9.gif
. She has beautiful nails.. sigh..

So, recently - I went home and got a mani and pedi with my mom since summer is coming up and I need to get back into taking care of my nails. I''m a pretty good nail painter so I also bought 6 polishes on ebay.. eek!!
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
2 are pretty much the same color.. but I guess when you get in the 40-50 range.. you start to overlap.. My bf thinks I''m ridiculous, but whatever.. he''s gotten used to the fact that I live in excess..

dawnabee

Shiny_Rock
Pave--- Wow thats a lot of polish... you can open a salon and do manis! lol

this week im going for the fill ins but i am trying another place since the quality wasnt good at the other one... i hate to pay for poor quality!!

HaloBelle

Shiny_Rock
eek, I think about this all the time. The lady at Sally Beauty told me it will take quite a while to transform my nails into something not cringe-worthy so i need to start now!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
haha no you are not the only one! now that we have been ring shopping i make sure my nails look decent every time we go to the jewelry store, because i don''t want to be trying on rings and have my nails look all scraggly.

i also bought like 3 nail polishes in practically the same color...sort of a pale pink/almost nail color...i like that for every day...

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
nice... I can't do anything much with my hand. you see.. I'm a piano teacher/pianist.. i have to keep my nails short... and... no nail polish (wanna look appropriate for my students also)

I'll just keep my hands nice and smooth! :) Maybe I'll color my nails if I know for sure something is up for the night...
31.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
oh beezygal i used to be an enthusiastic pianist too...i have short nails too!

have you tried either a clear nail polish or buffing your nails? i think that looks good with short nails

beezygal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/15/2010 12:40:34 AM
Author: slg47

have you tried either a clear nail polish or buffing your nails? i think that looks good with short nails
took your advise... and buffed my nails yesterday night while watching tv with my bf...

BF: you''re really working that thing huh?
Me: they''re nice and shiny huh?
BF: uh huh
Me: I wanna get them ready for the big day.. you know the proposal...
BF: but that will be awhile....

oh well... but I''m happy because my nails look healthy and shiny... no need to put on clear nail polish
30.gif

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2010 1:09:39 PM
Author: beezygal
Date: 5/15/2010 12:40:34 AM

Author: slg47

took your advise... and buffed my nails yesterday night while watching tv with my bf...

BF: you''re really working that thing huh?

Me: they''re nice and shiny huh?

BF: uh huh

Me: I wanna get them ready for the big day.. you know the proposal...

BF: but that will be awhile....

oh well... but I''m happy because my nails look healthy and shiny... no need to put on clear nail polish
30.gif

HAHA! (to the conversation with your bf)

the other nice thing about buffing is your nailpolish never chips!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results