shape
carat
color
clarity

Got my dress! Need help with a veil!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
I ordered my dress, the Pronovias "Medina", it should be here in March. Now I''m looking for a veil. I tried one on at the store but I''m not completely sold on the length. I like the two tier but I really don''t have much of a preference. Can anyone chime in and help?? I really didn''t look at veils at all when I was dress shopping.

thedress3.JPG

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No advice to give. Just wanted to say that I
30.gif
your dress. That is amazing on you.

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
I think your dress is stunning. Personally, I think a short french veil or a birdcage veil would look amazing with it. They are so stylish and plus it wouldn''t cover up any of that amazing dress.

http://www.birdcageveils.com is one site with samples. A ton of places sell them.

I also think a shorter bubble veil would look really nice as well and again it wouldn''t cover the dress.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful dress!!!

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
Love the dress. I didn''t like veils when I started looking but they grew on me. The grew on me so much that I wound up wearing something that I never expected to wear. I''m really not a fan of the regular birdcage veil. I do like cage veils however I like the ones that are a little bit different. There are so many different styles that are out there but the bridal shops don''t always have the best selection. I think it just depends on what you are going for with your over all look. My favorite veil designers to look for styles are Toni Federici, Brides Head Revisited in NYC, and Artikal. The last two have a million sellections and IMHO are on the forefront of new bridal style.

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all very much for the replies and compliments on the dress. I am totally in love with the fabric and I love that the dress is different, detailed but not fussy. We are getting married in a gazebo at the botanical gardens and the ceremony will be very small and informal. We aren''t planning on a formal reception but everyone will most likely gather at our house and eat (I''ll wear the dress through that and pictures).

I haven''t tried on any birdcage veils, I do like them and they''re very classic and elegant. I don''t think I want anything as long as a cathedral length and I love the graceful drape of the dress in the back. I thought the veil I tried on was very pretty but it just didn''t seem like the right one. I know I''d like something fairly plain, without a lot of embellishment/beading and sparkles, maybe just a satin edge in ivory to match the dress.

I don''t know how I will wear my hair yet either (suggestions on that would be GREAT!!). My hair is a few inches below my shoulders right now and I will likely either wear it in a chignon style (similar to the pictures) or down and curled but pulled back from my face.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Have you tried a super-short french-style veil? I think it might be worth trying - I''m a huge fan of veils, but I think one of the super short ones (just the ones that cover maybe the face but no more, with the netting rather than fine tulle), maybe with a really tiny bit of embellishment on one side would allow you to show off how stunning your dress is, and really put the attention there.

If I were you I''d try as many on as possible with the dress, and take pictures to see what you like the best.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your dress! It is one of my favorites. I tried on this dress, it was one of my serious contenders. I actually have some serious regret in not buying it. When I was considering the dress and the look I was going to put together, I thought a birdcage veil would look best. The other veil styles either covered up too much of the dress or didn''t mesh well with the style of the dress.

There is a photo out on the net of a model wearing the Medina, and she''s wearing a very elaborate, cathedral length mantilla. I can''t find the photo right now, but if I do, I will provide the link later. Maybe you''ll like it.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's the link of the mantilla veil with your gown.

ETA: you'll have to click on the thumbnail photo to see it.

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the link! The bridal shop suggested I come back for another appointment later this month to pick out the veil (this after I decided on the dress, paid 1/2 down and had the paperwork complete before I remembered I would probably need a veil!). Thanks for all the input and I''ll definitely keep you posted.

pinki

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/31/2009 5:54:19 PM
Author: bigdiamondtinygal
I think your dress is stunning. Personally, I think a short french veil or a birdcage veil would look amazing with it. They are so stylish and plus it wouldn''t cover up any of that amazing dress.

http://www.birdcageveils.com is one site with samples. A ton of places sell them.

I also think a shorter bubble veil would look really nice as well and again it wouldn''t cover the dress.

OOoh, I agree with BigDiamond. I got my birdcage veil off of etsy.com from Brenda''s Bridal. Its to die for. Not literally, but its so gorgeous and affordable ($80 for veil and stunning feather flower fascinator)

IdLikeToBuyAVal

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been thinking about a shorter veil and a flower too. I LOVE magnolias and I''ve seen several gorgeous silk magnolias and other flowers too. I think there are are just too many options right now lol...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results