shape
carat
color
clarity

Got more info, now need advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aro_mintz

Rough_Rock
i inquired earlier about a

AGS 0
1.51 ct.
SI1
Color G

diamond and was told to get more information

Measurements are 7.41*7.45*4.54
cut is round brilliant

excuse my lack of diamond lingo, but i have no idea how to read the cert.
it has the picture of the diamond with all these percentages around it.
?????

price is 10820 including platinum ring?

sound good?

thanks,

aaron

golfer

Shiny_Rock
If everything else is perfect (cut, symmetry, GIA or AGS cert, etc.), it's a tiny bit high. But an okay deal. If it's not GIA or AGS, or anything else is not ideal, then it's too high.

Check pricescope.

Leonid: there should be a prominent FAQ section where the first rule is that, if you want a quick evaluation of a diamond price, pricescope is your best bet. I don't know why you need "diamond price stats" or something like that.

The #1 way to evaluate whether a deal is good or not -- plug the specs into pricescope and see how it compares.

diamatuer

Rough_Rock
Leonid, I (respectfully) disagree with Golfer. I admire that you and Garry stay above the fray and enjoy the objectiveness of this message board. Don't include it in the faq. People who educate themselves and read this message board will understand the value of the price stats.

Your website it fantistic. Be proud - stay true.

aro_mintz,
You are off to a great start. Take another look at your AGS cert and type in the dimensions (angles) of the stone into Garry's cut advisor. For we laymen, our rule of thumb is to have an AGS 0 stone with an HCA score below 2.

If your's meets those specs, no one, even on THIS message board will complain.

Determine the correct price on your own - you be the judge.

diamatuer

Rough_Rock
One more thing, the crown is the top half of the diamond (i.e., the girdle on up), the pavilion is the bottom half of the stone (i.e., the girdle on down). You will find the angles depicted close to the girdle (the widest part).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results