shape
carat
color
clarity

Got ''em!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
***UPDATED*** with preliminary pictures!!!

Ladies!!!

Today is a good day!! I got my invitations this morning.. and man are they beautiful!!! I'm still waiting for some various things to be able to put them together... but hopefully (fingers crossed!!) that will arrive tonight!! The packaging was sooo beautiful.. I didnt even want to open them.. lol. .and then I came to my senses and RIPPED into them!!!

I'll take some pictures later. .and try and post some here.. I cant wait to show you all!!

Just wanted to share my excitement!!
36.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
I''m excited to see them!! Glad you''re happy with how they turned out.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
OK!!! here goes..

I just took a quick few over my lunch break!!! A more thorough picture session will take place.. once I get all the supplies needed to put them together!!

I hope you all love them.. I''m also attaching pics of how they arrived... I fell in LOVE!!! enjoy!!!

DSCN0082.JPG

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Here was the inside of the box:

Inside box.JPG

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
drum roll please................................

Here is the actual invite... Many more parts to it... but again.. I have to wait for one more delivery before I can put it together!!!

ahhhh. LOVE.. aint it grand?

30.gif

Post invite.JPG

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
They''re beautiful! The design came out great!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous!!! can''t wait to see them all assembled!

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
very pretty!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Oh I LOVE them! Are the DIY or do the come pre-printed and assembled?? I ask only because I am on the hunt for invitations myself and I can''t find any that I am really happy with.

labbielove

Brilliant_Rock
gorgeous! can''t wait to see finished product!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much Crown, Robbie, Sumbride, OneDrop and Labbie!!

One Drop...

they are half DIY and half printing company!

We did letterpress invites from BellaFigura... and had them size the invites, RSVP card and direction card to fit a pocket folder from Papersource. We are going to put the pocketfolds together ourselves. BellaFigura also gave us the envelopes to match the size of the folder and NOT the size of the invite.. which was really nice.

Fi took an existing design from Bellafigura.. and redesigned it with our flower motif.

I will caution you.. if you are looking for affordable.. these are NOT your invites.. we blew our budget for these.. spent about 4 times more than we had originally planned because the person who was supposed to do them backed out... we were in a time crunch and BellaFigura had exactly what we wanted (rather could do EXACTLY what we wanted) in the time we needed it.. we definitely paid a premium for it.. but in the grand scheme of things.. I adore our invites... and I cant imagine having gone with someone else. The service was amazing.. everyone was friendly and helpful.. it really made the whole process from Stress-less!! which is what I needed!

BTW.. I just got word that I will be receiving the last bits and pieces.. so maybe I will have a finished invite for you to all see tonight!!! wweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

September8

Rough_Rock
those are lovely!!!! love them

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!!!!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Jaders: thanks for the info!! I just went back to view your invites and they are just so pretty!!!! I am seeing that at times you have to pull from different sources to get exactly what you want. Like you, I am looking for as much stress-free wedding planning as i can get. I think I will check the Bellafigura website. I have been on the papersource website but didn't see anything that fit.

In any event....can't wait to see the rest of the package!!
36.gif

ETA: Jaders you are getting married on the same day as my best friend. Must be a lucky date!

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Onedrop,

You are right it is about finding that right combination.. and you may have to go to two or three different places to get all the pieces...

We knew we wanted to do pocket folders... from the very beginning. When we found BellaFigura... we saw that they offer an invite in the pocket folder.. so we ordered a sample.. but didnt like the folder.. and didnt like the price tag attached to using their folder.. so we went with our original plan which is the diagonal folder from paper source.. and Bellafigura was more than happy to design our invites so that we could do the pocket folds ourselves. That was my first clue that I was really going to get first class service. They were more than willing to help us out to save money...
Second.. they are the ONLY printing company that offered our dark color in ANYTHING. our wedding colors are ivory, aqua (tiffany blue) and a dark dark teal (think: navy blue with a touch of green). Bellafigura offered an ink color called midnight... and when I saw it.. I almost fell out of my chair... it was perfect!

You can do custom work also.. they have a per hour charge to "clean it up" ie. make the lines thicker or darker... but with Fi being an architect and being familiar with drawing things.. he was able to create our invites correctly the first time, so we werent charged any design fees!!! Again.. this I saw as Bellafigura helping us out...

I hope you like them... I know that their price is a little high.. but totally worth it in my opinion. As I said.. really the deal maker for us was the ink color... and I couldnt have been more pleased!!

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
They look fantastic Jaders!!!...isn''t it amazing what lengths we girls (and guys) go to for the details in our wedding!?
I am glad it all worked out for you--and i love the boxes the invites were shipped in--i love little touches like that!

Speaking of great lengths...
My dress has tiny dots all over it and i am carrying the theme (in a subtle way!) onto some of the wedding details, so i wanted dots somewhere on my invites--the company i am working with is now trying to take the floral motif I chose and make the whole image into tiny dots--so far it looks great, but I laugh at myself b/c I wonder who the the heck would even notice this other than myself & FI
3.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Jas...
It is amazing what lengths we will go to... and I too wondered who is going to notice all the small details..but Fi is a stickler for details.. and I have to tell you.. he is pleased with the invites.. which is a MIRACLE... In the four years we''ve been together... I always here him say.. "its ok", "they''re alright" etc... and when the invites arrived he actually said... "these are nice"
6.gif
so that was a big deal for me!!!

Good luck with your dots... I just love dots.. cant wait to see what your invites look like when they are finished.

My bouquet, Fi''s bout, my maid of honors bouquet will all have stephanotis in them.. so we just continued that theme on our invites.. and now it has turned into our motif.. kind cool how that worked out!

Tonight is the start of putting them together!! hopefully I cant get some more pics

dani13

Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful, Jaders. I just love letterpress, and I adore your flower motif. So cute!
36.gif

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
oooh- they look fantastic! I ADORE letterpress!
I really wanted it for our invites, but it was $$$ and I couldn''t find a vendor who had reasonable prices who was willing to help us w/ design ideas in a timely fashion. So we went w/ engraving (which isn''t cheap either!) and worked w/ a company who gave us great service.
It''s fantastic when you find vendors who are willing to go the extra mile for you isn''t it?

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
They look incredible - I too am a HUGE fan of letterpress! I also love the pocket folders too - both can be pricey.

We are ordering our invitations from Michael C. Fina and I''ve already had one appointment with them to narrow down designs. Luckily, my FI and I have the same taste so, I knew exactly what to look for. FI is coming with me tomorrow to give his 2 cents and we''ll go from there.

Two of my picks were letter press - I am trying to choose between Vera Wang, Dauphine and Crane & Co''s Bliss Collection.
30.gif

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
UGhhhhh

I''m such a moron!!!

I had everything so organized.. all the pieces to put these invitations together... down to the stupid glue dots to hold the ribbon in place!!!

I arranged to have it all brought to me here in Turks and Caicos.. since shipping it here.. was NEVER an option!

Monday, I recieved the invites... Tuesday.. Fi and I stayed up til 1am working on them.. again on Wed. night.. when at midnight.. as we are stuffing the RSVP and direction cards into the folder... about 50 invites done... I realized...

HOLY CRAP.. I forgot to get the stamps for the response card envelopes.
29.gif

I am SOOOOOOOOOO mad at myself. I cannot believe I did that.

So now.. I wont get the stamps till monday (TruBlu stamps... they are two bluebirds forming a heart.. soo cute) which means my invites wont leave the island till Friday 1/19... ARGGGHHHHHHHHHHH... My mom wont recieve the invites to send out until around Tuesday or Wed. the following week..

soooo upset.

Sorry.. just had to vent a minute...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results