shape
carat
color
clarity

Got an elective 4D sonogram for gender determination :)

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So glad I did! What a wonderful experience. I feel a lot more bonded to the fetus than I did before. It definitely made this whole thing more real for me. And it's a girl!

I know they can be controversial, and I did have some second thoughts, but ultimately I think it was a good thing for me to do. Although I have to admit, I did it in part for my MIL to see, and she was seriously creeped out by how a 17 week fetus looks! So was DH. I was the only one who thought she is already adorable. Even if she does look like a skeleton.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very exciting! Congratulations! Any girl names in mind yet?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is WONDERFUL news!!! A beautiful baby girl (skeleton!) - that's fantastic!!! :appl: :appl:

SO happy for you - and hoping all was normal, healthy and fine??? and you are fine, too???

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! We found out early as well, around 16 weeks. I have a friend who is an u/s tech and she took a peak. Finding out really made it more real.

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! Any pictures of your little 4D "skeleton"?

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mary poppins|1339431188|3213808 said:
Very exciting! Congratulations! Any girl names in mind yet?
We have thought about a few: Elizabeth, Sara, Madeline. But we don't want to settle on anything until we meet her on the outside :)

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Enerchi|1339431398|3213812 said:
That is WONDERFUL news!!! A beautiful baby girl (skeleton!) - that's fantastic!!! :appl: :appl:

SO happy for you - and hoping all was normal, healthy and fine??? and you are fine, too???
Since it was non-diagnostic we don't really know for sure yet, but she sure looked healthy! I have been doing great. My morning sickness is gone and I have tons of energy, just like the books say :)

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
amc80|1339431743|3213818 said:
Congrats! We found out early as well, around 16 weeks. I have a friend who is an u/s tech and she took a peak. Finding out really made it more real.
It's funny how that works, huh? It didn't really have the same effect on DH. He says it became more real for him when I started obviously showing. The USs and fetal dopplers don't really do anything for him.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
monkeyprincess|1339435251|3213863 said:
Congratulations! Any pictures of your little 4D "skeleton"?
I can post some tonight :D

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations! Glad to hear it was a good experience for you. It's never too early to feel more bonded/connected to your baby. We were lucky enough that the place we had our anatomy scan done, also had the equipment for 4D. While I thought it was kind of freaky, I maintain that there was a certain look about my daughter that I saw in her face when she was born, that I first saw in her 20wk u/s. My DH thinks I'm crazy.

MissStepcut

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
mayachel|1339439405|3213934 said:
Congratulations! Glad to hear it was a good experience for you. It's never too early to feel more bonded/connected to your baby. We were lucky enough that the place we had our anatomy scan done, also had the equipment for 4D. While I thought it was kind of freaky, I maintain that there was a certain look about my daughter that I saw in her face when she was born, that I first saw in her 20wk u/s. My DH thinks I'm crazy.
Honestly I felt quite un-bonded before this. It was an unplanned pregnancy with a lot of conflicted feelings. So this really made all the difference for me :)

I think my OB has 4D, but they didn't use it at my first US. I wonder what they will do for my AS. Which reminds me, I need to schedule that!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY for a beautiful bubba girl!! I love your name selections too!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
So Cool!!! (gotta say, those are soooo hard to figure out until you finally get a body part to focus on!)

I can see her face and hands!!! AMazing!!!

monkeyprincess

Ideal_Rock
How fun! Again, big congrats to you! We found out early on at our 12-week NT scan that we were most likely having a boy, and it was confirmed at our anatomy scan. I know some people really love the idea of a surprise, but for me, I love knowing I'm having a son and being able to call him "he" or "him."

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is crazy! And so exciting!

I love the names you've listed. DH's cousin has a one-year-old Madeleine (Madeleine Rose) and I think it's such a wonderful name.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results