shape
carat
color
clarity

Got a question for the ladies

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
What would you prefer wearing a 1 1/4 carat six prong solitaire diamond by itself or a 3/4 carat six prong solitaire diamond with a prong set diamond wedding band? I'm considering my options. Sometimes I just want a large solitaire ring but then I want a diamond wedding band too. Sometimes I don't think that I want to wear two rings. Anyway I just wanted to hear some feedback from the other ladies out there. Thanks.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
A 1.25 ct six prong solitaire with a prong set diamond wedding band.
9.gif
Sorry, I''m greedy, had to be said.
2.gif

If I absolutely HAD to pick from only the options you gave us, I would go with the latter. I''m all for a nice big beautiful solitaire rock, but if there are times when you personally will only want to wear one ring, at least in the latter case you''d always have some sparkle on your hand!!

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
I wish I could be greedy!
3.gif

Thanks for the food for thought. The really exciting thing for me about the diamond wedding band is the actual process of getting a new diamond ring!

Cath

Shiny_Rock
Would this be your wedding set? If so, I''d opt for the smaller solitaire + wedding band. I''d love the bigger solitaire, but not at the expense of a wedding band. Or am I confused?
33.gif

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Yes. My engagement ring is .71 carat solitaire.

Cath

Shiny_Rock
I''d pick the wedding band then. You can always upgrade the solitaire down the road...
2.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Cath - You already have your e-ring (and you''ve not had it for THAT long if I remember correctly!) Get the diamond band for now and then later on.. in a couple years you can upgrade the e-ring and have both!!!

P.S. - Are you having the Melissa Sweet gown custom made? Or did you change your mind and go with something else?

lmurden

Ideal_Rock
Very true, but shrinkage is getting to me already!
Also I just thought it would be fabulous to rock a big rock!
emwink.gif

codex57

Brilliant_Rock
I asked my g/f almost the exact same question. She wants as big a rock in a solitaire setting for the e-ring. No side stones. Could care less about the wedding band.

I think it''s all just personal preference.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
It depends
2.gif
I know a lot of people who want the large center stone and are willing to go with a plain wedding band. But I also know a lot of people who love their wedding band more than the e-ring, meaning sentimentally. And to be honest, the majority that want the big stone are not married yet, while those who cherish their wedding bands are. Who knows what all this means!! Just thought I would report my findings
2.gif
lol.

Me? I''d like the best of both worlds, and to me, that would be sticking with your current stone and getting the diamond wedding band. I personally like the look of little flashes of light coming from all around, but hell, that''s crazy old me!!

But of course, this is all up to you!! Realistically, you can always upgrade either one, so I guess go for whichever will make you happiest right now.

Good luck!!
1.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, a 1 1/4 diamond is too big for me. . .so I''d go with a 1 caratish solitaire, with small prong-set wedding band (from signed pieces, of course) AND a plain platinum band so I''d have three ring-set choices
9.gif
. lol

Good luck with your decision.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s important to me to have a wedding band, so if those were my only two choices I would go with a .75c stone and a wedding band...and I would upgrade the e-ring stone later.

However I can get pretty creative with the funds, so I''d probably end up dumbing down the color/clarity of the e-ring stone to get a bigger one and still have funds for a wedding band and then I would search high and low to find the best wedding band for the cheapest cost, etc.

Nothing is ever quite so simple as it seems!
9.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
From an old long-time married lady - you''ll find that the wedding band does come to mean an awful lot to you over the years, more so than the ering, to my mind. I know mine does. And, for that reason, it''s not a ring that I think I would ever upgrade.

Having said that, I do have other wedding bands that I wear, depending on what colour metal jewellery that I''m wearing, but my original wedding band is still ''THE'' wedding band that he put on my finger when we got married.

Just something to bear in mind when you decide.
1.gif

sahmama

Rough_Rock
I''m going to have to say go for the big ring, and just get a plain but wider wedding band, like maybe a mm or two wider than your e-ring setting. That way it will stand out on its own if you ever wear it without your e-ring. Then for maybe an big anniversary you can get a diamond wedding band and wear one on each side of the solitaire. JMO...

lmurden

Ideal_Rock

MelissaSue,

I won''t know about the wedding dress until my fiance come back and that looks like sometime by April, but as soon as he gets back to the states I will try on all of the dress that I like and then decide. I really love the that Melissa Sweet dress, but $2750 is a bit to much!

As far as the wedding band goes I guess I''ll probably stick to my first choice of having a diamond wedding band. I guess having little sparkles on my finger isn''t a bad thing!

3.gif
Me and my fiancé have discussed it and when he gets back we''ll be getting it made at Quest Manufacturing since they are relatively local. Also I really want my wedding ring to be flush with the engagement ring and that''s hard since it''s a six prong ring. Thanks for all the input!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results