shape
carat
color
clarity

Google Fiber?

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lines are being dropped in my area (my street was done earlier this week). So, I am considering the switch from TWC to GF when it's available. We have cable tv, Internet & phone w/ TWC. GF pricing is slightly higher (based on other cities' pricing; not released yet for my area) but not out of reach, especially considering the supposed jump in bandwidth.

Anyone else have GF, or made the switch to it from cable services who can offer any pros/cons from a user experience perspective?

Thanks in advance!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow lucky you!
I know several people that are very happy with it.
Its not available here wwwwwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

That said for everyday surfing the added speed is not really noticeable if you already have a 20mbit or faster connection unless your doing netflix ultrahd a lot or downloading large files.
The biggest advantage is that is makes online backups practical where the slow upload speed on cable and bandwidth caps makes it painful.
I say get it and a backblaze account and start backing up stuff.

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Karl. That helps! Since I work from home, reliability & continuity of connectivity is my most significant concern. I can't have intermittent dropped connectivity resulting in me disconnecting conference calls, online work, etc. Have those you know with it commented on that aspect at all?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
JoCoJenn|1453117312|3977459 said:
Thank you Karl. That helps! Since I work from home, reliability & continuity of connectivity is my most significant concern. I can't have intermittent dropped connectivity resulting in me disconnecting conference calls, online work, etc. Have those you know with it commented on that aspect at all?
The people I know who have it have reported less issues than with cable and far far fewer than with dsl.
A couple kept their t1 lines as a backup for a while which is the most stable connection you can generally get but they dropped them after a while.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results