shape
carat
color
clarity

goodoldgold

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lucy

Rough_Rock
I have been looking at some diamonds at the goodoldgold.com website and was wondering if anyone out there has experienced any lee-way in those prices-I know you can haggle at the store but wasnt sure how online prices were? negotiable? or not?
sick.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
hi lucy,

one thing to keep in mind is that many of the seller that do good business here on pricescope offer the best stones they can on a shoe-string profit...so negotiating might be tough.

that being said, the best thing you can do is talk to jonathan at goodoldgold.com and see what he says. he'll find the best he can for you within your budget. heck, won't hurt to ask at the very least.
16.gif

urbasic

Rough_Rock
Goodoldgold had a great site. It is obviously pretty labor intensive to profile the diamonds and present the info like he does. I wish more people did what they do. I doubt the price will budge much.

Price out a stone at a local jewler. Cut quality aside they would probily have to knock off a lot to meet online prices. At least that is what I have found. With my quest for an emerald cut, I have seen 30-40% differences between online and in the store.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
IMO it never hurts to ask to try to get the best deal. If you are eyeing a stone that is say $4200 and your budget was a hard stop at $4000--you can ask the vendor what they can do to help you out if you really love a stone. I would think many would be willing to offer some concession (whether it is something like free shipping or throwing in a basic $200 setting for free or similar) in order to get your business and/or have a satisfactory transaction for both parties. But if their prices are rock-bottom already, there won't be much leeway in order for them to actually turn a profit off your business. I think it really depends on the vendor and their prices to begin with, how you approach them, and the reasoning behind it. But whatever the question...be sure to respect the answer!

Good luck!
1.gif

manhattan01

Rough_Rock
I just purchased a stone from them. What they do there is provide you a stone with a full analysis on it. In my opinion, the price you pay includes this service and is well worth it. They do, however, offer stones that do not include this appraisal/analysis service. I believe it's in the H&A search engine. They can call these stones in and you can purchase these at what they call the broker price which is about $100 - $200 less than the full service price (which includes the analysis, appraisal, etc). But like Mara said, it doesn't hurt to ask so long as you ask politely.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results