shape
carat
color
clarity

Goodbye Priscilla of Boston. :(

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
I'm so sad that Priscilla of Boston is going out of business. I was planning on ordering my bridesmaids dresses and possibly my wedding dress from one of their salons. Now they're not going to be making any of their lines.. So, goodbye Priscilla, Platinum, Vinyards, and Melissa Sweet. I considering checking out their salon since they're selling all of their samples, but we'll see..

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
I hadn't heard about this! How sad! What a loss!

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Noooooo!! Is everything on-sale?! I'm not even engaged, but I will buy it now if I have to! :errrr: My dream dress was a PoB. :blackeye:

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
I heard everything will be on sale. I'm going today after class so, I'll update on what I hear/see. If you're set on a dress (and don't mind a sample) I would go in the next few days. Urgh, I'm so sad/annoyed..

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
The whole chain is going out of business...I wonder why? The economy?

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
Really? Do you have a link on this? When will the sale happen? I JUST started looking at bridesmaids dresses there and so far only one of them have gotten their dress. I'm surprised!

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
It is very upsetting...I have always loved their stuff.

As an industry insider I heard that the scoop was that things started going downhill when the company was passed on to the owner's son, who's heart just wasnt in it. I dont know if it was financial trouble, but the ambition and dedication to continue it wasnt there.

I wouldnt doubt that Melissa Sweet (who was brought onto that team) will make her own line though. I could see her being very successful as a freestanding designer.

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
It is very upsetting...I have always loved their stuff.

As an industry insider I heard that the scoop was that things started going downhill when the company was passed on to the owner's son, who's heart just wasnt in it. I dont know if it was financial trouble, but the ambition and dedication to continue it wasnt there.

I wouldnt doubt that Melissa Sweet (who was brought onto that team) will make her own line though. I could see her being very successful as a freestanding designer.

Bleed Burnt Orange

Brilliant_Rock
slg47|1314887783|3007363 said:
http://www.bridalguide.com/blogs/bridal-buzz/priscilla-of-boston-going-out-of-business

BBO it says to order bridesmaid dresses by Sept 12...that's soon! Definitely call the bridal salon and ask?

Thanks so much for the information. I have passed it along to my bridesmaids to make sure they can get it done!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Bleed Burnt Orange|1314895736|3007489 said:
slg47|1314887783|3007363 said:
http://www.bridalguide.com/blogs/bridal-buzz/priscilla-of-boston-going-out-of-business

BBO it says to order bridesmaid dresses by Sept 12...that's soon! Definitely call the bridal salon and ask?

Thanks so much for the information. I have passed it along to my bridesmaids to make sure they can get it done!

oh sure! I just found that online though...you might want to call the store and ask about their policy. I hope you can still get your bridesmaids dresses!

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
I went in this morning and everything was 40% off, but of course you have to buy it as is. I bought a beautiful headband, but I'm still sad. They had the cutest bridesmaids dresses..

PavePrincess

Shiny_Rock
Also, thanks Sig for posting the link. I just saw it on their Facebook page yesterday, but didn't know all of the details.

mememore

Rough_Rock
OMG How unexpected! I felt like they would always be around. I remember seeing Tricia Nixon wore one.
I just so happened to buy a silk shantung pale pink sample in 1992 for $200 - the same price as the veil my mom bought me! I was looking for different styles, not designers. It took me a while to notice that the lace inside the hem was weaved with their name, which was a nice touch. I still have it in a box in case our daughter wants it or a part of it one day.

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness! im shocked too, and very disappointed ;( im not engaged yet either but had thought id try on a few of their dresses...

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh booo!

Munchkin

Brilliant_Rock
If you're in MA I would recommend checking out Michael of Boston in Pembroke. He worked for POB when Ms. Kidder was still in charge and left once she was gone. His design and sewing technique are reminiscent of POB and he was allowed to take some POB lace when he left.

He designed and hand made my gown from photos of things I liked in 2007. We went through the whole process from sketch to a muslin model to final product. The main inspiration was actually the skirt of a POB gown but I disliked the original bodice. He also personally delivered the gown to my Mum's house and steamed it!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
That's a shame. Their designs are beautiful but I always thought they were way overpriced. If they would have lowered their prices a bit, they might have stayed in business. Didn't know they were owned by David's, though. (I got my dress from David's, so that informs my ideas about prices.)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
That is sad. I purchased the Melissa Sweet Dora for my wedding (but never wore it). It was a beautiful gown.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Worst. News. EVER. I think Levkoff has been having issues too, since his sons took over.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results