shape
carat
color
clarity

Good spot in Quebec City? And other proposal questions.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

plg_cp

Rough_Rock
Hi, I just received the engagement ring from WF that I will be presenting to my GF in 2 weeks while on a long weekend trip to Quebec City. We''ve been together for 7 years with our "anniversary" being on May 23rd, the last day of our trip. I was hoping to propose on that day because it has meaning, but I am thinking it may be better to do it earlier so the rest of the trip can be spent as fiancees...I''m not sure if this benefit is worth not doing it on the 23rd?

I don''t believe she has any idea of my plan, although I know she is hoping/expecting me to propose soon since we just finished school.

Does anyone know of any ideal spots for proposal in Quebec City? I''ve never been there before. If not, can anyone suggest the type of spot that has the right characteristics? I want it to be a more or less private affair, meaning it has to be a low traffic area. I''m thinking maybe somewhere in the Port area or maybe on the walls of the old city? Our trip will be mostly spent sightseeing.

Finally, the ring came from WF in a nice box, but it is quite chunky and I''m trying to figure out how I can carry it with me without her noticing? Based on the weather we will probably be wearing shorts so there doesn''t seem to be any pockets that could hide it.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Mark

mustang9

Rough_Rock
Quebec City is an amazing place. At the top of the hill (the city is on a hill) there is an amazing garden, where tons of people go to take wedding photos. It is just past the fort(The Citadelle), as if you are walking out of the old city. I believe there is a fountain and I remember seeing tons and tons of beautiful flowers.

If you are looking for quiet and private, the water edge of the very old city will not be a good idea, although the architecture is amazing, there are tons and tons and tons of tourist walking around. The only way that may work, is if you get a rainy day and you stroll down there then. (that was the only day on our visit that it wasn't wall to wall tourist.)

We took a greylines bus tour of the city the first day we were there, it gave us a great perspective on the city. This might be something you want to do, so that you can get a feel for where everything is(even though the city is ridiculously small.) You will be able to see where people congregate, and what areas of the city might be more private.

Here is a link to website for the Park: It is called Battlefield Park, and I remember the Joan of Arc gardens being amazing! It could be a spectacular place to hold a picnic....

http://www.ccbn-nbc.gc.ca/_en/jeannedarc.php?section=1

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results