shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Site for Invitations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m starting to look for invitations online. Can anyone point me in the direction of some good sites? Has anyone had positive experiences with Etsy? I''m hoping to get our ceremony site locked down this weekend (and the wedding just over five months away; way to procrastinate, self!) so after I figure that out, I feel like I can move forward with the invitations.

So show me what you''ve got ladies!
1.gif

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
etsy, wedding paper divas

if you want to make your own, paper source, cardsandpockets.com, papermojo.com

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristy Rice Invitations. Their invitations are so dreamy and quite reasonable. I''ve been working with them and they are so wonderful and accommodating. I really can''t say enough good things about them.

BTW...I got a bit behind with things. My wedding is only three months away and they took me on only a few weeks ago. They were willing to expedite my order, no problem.

Amanda.Rx

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2010 10:50:10 PM
Author: House Cat
Kristy Rice Invitations. Their invitations are so dreamy and quite reasonable. I''ve been working with them and they are so wonderful and accommodating. I really can''t say enough good things about them.

BTW...I got a bit behind with things. My wedding is only three months away and they took me on only a few weeks ago. They were willing to expedite my order, no problem.

I agree whole-heartedly!! I just got my Kristy Rice invitations in and I absolutely adore them! They have THE best customer service I have ever worked with- very personal, very quick, very friendly, and very helpful! Getting my invitations with this company has been one of the most pleasant and fun experiences I''ve had planning this wedding!

They''re a bit more expensive than something else you''d order online, but they''re hand-crafted to your exact desires! Totally worth the $ in my opinion. The only thing is if you''re pressed for time. Unless you know exactly what you want, the design process can take some time, but once you''re decided on your design and approved your proof, it''s only 2 weeks until the invites are at your door!

The website is www.momentaldesigns.com

pinki

Shiny_Rock
I have many friends who have used etsy for their invitations, but I''m not sure which shops.

I used envelopperinc.com for paper and love it, I just had the text parts printed at a local letterpress company and assembled it all myself with the paper and envelopes I got at envelopper. A friend designed them, so I saved there.

Cj

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I used the Crane website and loved how the invitations turned out. They have a large variety of classic invitations as well as more "fun" ones from Kate Spade.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
My officemate used weddingpaperdivas.com for her Save the Dates and Rehearsal Dinner invites and MyGatsby.com for her actual invitiations. She''s been extremely happy with both products, as well as the customer service from both companies.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock

Yes, yes, a million times yes. Momental Designs (Kristy''s company) is doing mine as well, and they''re turning out great!

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 10:47:59 AM
Author: shertz1981

Yes, yes, a million times yes. Momental Designs (Kristy''s company) is doing mine as well, and they''re turning out great!

We also went with Kristy Rice/Monumental Designs for our Save the Dates and Invitations. She did an amazing job!

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone''s suggestions so far and would like to add minted.com to the list!

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another vote for Kristy Rice''s Momental Designs. We had her make our invitations and program fans. Can''s say enough awesome stuff about her work!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I was really happy with the invites I got from The Green Kangaroo. I went with the hydrangea invite from their frugal line and got a very nice product for a reasonable price. Outstanding customer service too.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
I'm using Taylor's Paperie on etsy. She is amazing to work with, and her designs are SO fresh and funky!

I'd LOVE Kristy Rice, but her invites are out of the budget
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
She literally *just* emailed me the proof. Here is the invite we''re using. I just adore her designs!

erhhnfgjnghmnghm.JPG

parrot tulips

Brilliant_Rock
I actually had a negative experience with Wedding Paper Divas. We received a sample of the invitation we liked and loved it. A week later, after finalizing our wording, we placed the order. The invitations we received were significantly smaller than the sample - apparently they had changed the size of the invitations between the week we received the sample and the week we ordered our invitations. Hundreds of dollars later, I had invitations I didn''t like, with no room in our budget for a do-over. Outside of of that - the paper & print quality was quite good for the price.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
I''ve had very positive experiences with Wedding Paper Divas, Cards and Pockets, and Bella Figura. Excellent customer service from all three.

I didn''t use Etsy for invitations but I have used it for a lot of other things, both wedding related and not, and have only had positive experiences. Just make sure you look at the overall shop for a sense of the quality of the operation, and check out the feedback comments.

caribqueen

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2010 9:36:46 AM
Author: vc10um
My officemate used weddingpaperdivas.com for her Save the Dates and Rehearsal Dinner invites and MyGatsby.com for her actual invitiations. She''s been extremely happy with both products, as well as the customer service from both companies.
I just received my invitations from MyGatsby.com and I''m thoroughly happy with them. We personalized and picked colors that emphasized our theme and they''re formal yet contemporary. No complaints about the customer service either. Also, it was sweet for us that there was a deal running when we placed our orders and got 20.10% off!

chibride10

Rough_Rock
At the recommendation of a friend, we used Tasha Rae Designs. Tasha is a stay-at-home mom in Colorado who specializes in eco-friendly, amazing invitations. Ours were $4.50/set and were totally custom, from the design to the colors to the monogram. That monogram ended up on everything---even our cake! She''s GREAT to work with and the personal service is oustanding. We did absolutely everything over email (with her sending me samples) and I couldn''t have been happier. Here''s a picture of our matching menu cards, which she also did (along with our placecards):

MenuCardLC1010.JPG

DiamondsforDee

Shiny_Rock
I used MyGatsby for my invitations and love them! They arrived yesterday. The customer service was great, they were super pleasant and easy to work with, and the finished product looks even better than I imagined. We customized, so although we had a sample it wasn''t what ours was going to look like exactly. Very happy!

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Used FineStationery.com for our STD's, and WeddingPaperDivas for our Invitations.

FineStationery requires you to do your own spacing, font, etc... so it is time consuming, but we loved what we came out with.

I would 100% recommend WPD. I was simple, quick, and beautiful. We loved what we ordered!!! (They were William Arthur design)

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I used reaves and was very happy with the quality and the prices! They tend to have a more traditional approach/look than places like wedding paper divas.

Reaves Engraving

emeraldlover1

Ideal_Rock
I started with two companies: Monumental Designs (Kristy Rice) and Evenstarpaperie.com (Tessa) Both companies do hand made, hand painted invites. That was something that I wanted that you don''t get with some of the online companies. I had both of them do mockups and then my husband decided. I loved Kristy''s design however my husband wasn''t really into the vintage feel that she does. I loved it but Tessa came up with this mountian theme that worked for all of our wedding stationary and her prices were extreamly resonable.

misslily

Rough_Rock
Everyone in my family (sisters, cousins, etc.) and all of my friends use My Personal Artist for their custom invitations. All art is hand painted by Michelle Mospens. She doesn''t stamp the art. All of her art is hand drawn. We bought samples from many other artists/designers and nothing compared to their high quality. Her designs are clean designs, unique, fresh and modern. My cousin said they are a husband and wife duo. She said they have been online for over 10 years. I feel so at ease knowing they are professionals and knowing my fam and friends had such wonderful experiences with them. Here''s the website -- http://www.mypersonalartist.com/

alli_esq

Brilliant_Rock
I used Ajalon Invitations and was thrilled with both their product and the price--compared to other letterpress, they were SO much more affordable, and Trish was totally patient with me and awesome.

When I needed more thank you notes after the fact, she told me she had some extras for me and gave me a big discount too--she totally didn't have to do that. I really loved how they came out!

ETA: I don't love their website, though--if you are thinking of going letterpress, ask them to send you their samples; you'll find they're much nicer than they seem on the website.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results