shape
carat
color
clarity

Good reason to home school

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=37090

I remember that bs from when I was in high school.
In grade school if a teacher broke up a fight we were often allowed to finish it out in the hall and the principle never knew about it nor cared.
There were very few bullies because the bullies knew that they would have a fight on their hands.

Then in middle school it was sort of in between the one that started it got out of school suspension and the other got in school detention for a day.
Again very few bullies.

Then in about half way thru high school if it even looked like a fight it was automatic suspension.
Guess what a ton of bullying went on because the bullies knew the good kids would avoid getting in trouble.

Which leads to the brewing anger and pain, which leads to explosive outburst of anger instead of a nice clean knockdown fistfight.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I clicked on the link. A Dr. Laura Sclessinger had written:

"When I was a little girl about 5 or 6 years old, my mother instructed me in the proper response to anyone hitting me. She said, 'Never, never hit anyone first; but, if they hit you first, hit them back immediately and twice as hard!'"

This is, in my opinion, truly lousy motherly advice. It may appeal to certain Americans who like to feel that we still live in the Wild West, but it is impractical.

Basically, the person who will win every fight fought according to these guidelines is the physically stronger one. I am uncomfortable allowing the physically strongest to rule the world unfettered by the constraints of law. I think that society as a whole should contain the bullies, not leave it to individuals-who may be weak-to duke it out without support.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to disagree:
Society can not and will not contain bullies in todays world.
Particulary in schools in the US.

Often the bullies get the idea at home and when a teacher or principle tries and do something about they are bullied by the parents with threats of lawsuits so they dont do a thing about it.

There are far too many wimps in the world today and we are raising another generation of all wimps.

In school I didnt take crap off anyone and sure I lost a few fights but just the fact that they would have to fight put an end to it most times and if it didnt the 2nd fight always did.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/15/2004 2:14:28 PM strmrdr wrote:

"In school I didnt take crap off anyone and sure I lost a few fights but just the fact that they would have to fight put an end to it most times and if it didnt the 2nd fight always did."

And I am woman who has never been in a fist fight and has managed to live perfectly well without one.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results