shape
carat
color
clarity

good price?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I looked at the following 2 round stones. Are these good prices?GIA G/SI2 1.53carat $8K
7.5x7.6x4.68
T 61%
Depth 59.3
Girdle medium to thick
Polish good
symmetry good
crown angle less than 30%EGL 1.54 G/VS2 $9600
7.49x7.43x4.53
Depth 60.7
Table 60
Crown height 13%
Pavilion depth 44
Flourescence very slightly blue

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Also, the GIA stone's color shines but not as sparkly as the EGL stone, and looks white like glass.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
Also, the GIA stone's color shines but not as sparkly as the EGL stone, and looks white like glass. Why is this?

mbn

Shiny_Rock
I wanted a round diameter to be in the 7.8m range, do you think I can go with I color, SI clarity in the 8-9K range? I want a big stone but want color to be white. If i have to go with an H color, then so be it, but I want to know if I color is good.Some jewelers said if G color and up, they will take it back in case I want to trade up no problem, but I color, they may not because hard to sell...I think hard to sell to Asian type customers who only want VVS and F color.

Looking

Rough_Rock
If the EGL stone came back as an "I" from the GIA then it would be way too expensive at the price you have listed (over 9K). It is actually a bit overpriced compared to comparable stones online as it is. The GIA stone you listed is over $1,000 less than the EGL and you are pretty safe to assume that it matches what is on the report. I don't know about the Irvine Jewelry Mart but most of the Jewerly Mart type places do not offer good deals nor good stones. My advice to you is to keep searching for a better cut diamond than what you have listed above. You can do a lot better in the 8-9K price range than that. In all cases however it is best to have an independent appraiser inspect the stone loose.

Looking

Rough_Rock
The prices look way too high for the cut and quality of the stones. Did you see this online or in an actual store?

Looking

Rough_Rock
I looked at the prices again and actually they are not too high based on the information you have provided. However the cuts don't look that good. It is the cut that makes the diamond sparkle and has most effect on beauty. For the same amount of money you could get a slightly smaller but much better stone. EGL certs are not as reliable as GIA and AGS.

mbn

Shiny_Rock
the first stone is GIA, the second one is EGL. From just looking at the EGL 2nd stone, it looks shiny and good to me, but EGL certificate. I am wondering if EGL certificate is not as reliable sometimes 2 colors off, would the price reflect that being that EGL certificate is cheaper than GIA. i.e. if EGL stated that it is G color, and price is cheaper than same G color GIA stone. Then when sent to GIA, if stone comes back 2 colors lower like an I, then would the price on stone be expensive for G color EGL but actually I color GIA?by the way, the stones were from a local store at Irvine Jewelry Mart in California.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results