shape
carat
color
clarity

Good nursing tops for breastfeeding moms??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
I've been on the hunt for good (relatively inexpensive) nursing tops that I can wear to work and wondered if any of you have ideas for me. It seems like a lot of the tops that are designed for nursing aren't very professional looking and they are often more money than I want to spend.

I've found some good options at Banana Republic that have the crossover / faux wrap neckline and really stretchy fabric (like this one).

And sometimes I wear a button down but I find that the buttons are a pain to do and undo multiple times a day.

Today I'm wearing this one from Target which is good for when I'm home and only need access to one breast at a time for nursing but not as good for pumping since it's not very stretchy which prevents me from being able to double pump.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Mrs

PS: I just started this thread in FH&H but perhaps this thread should be in the shopping forum?! I'm not sure how to move it but will try!

ETA, can't figure out how to move it.... Also, I have lots of nursing tanks from Target and they are great but kinda boring to wear alone and the straps are such that I wouldn't feel comfortable taking my jacket off at work if I did wear one without an over shirt.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Motherhood maternity online has some great nursing shirts. I remember them having some tank tops with thicker straps that would look nice under a jacket.

motherwear online has some better stuff (more work-related, though I''m not sure what field you''re in)

Good luck!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
I generally wear a nursing tank or a stretchy cami under either a cardigan or some other office-appropriate top. If I'm wearing a cardigan, I unbutton it for pumping - a pain, but it's only twice during the work day for me. If it's some other top, I hike it up to my armpits and release the panel in the nursing tank or yank the stretchy cami under my breasts, which leaves that area exposed for pumping... if that make sense. It solves the problem of not being stretchy enough to expose both sides. The only special nursing clothes that I bought were nursing tanks.

ETA - I guess I didn't give you any suggestions of inexpensive yet professsional nursing clothing, just how I got around needing to buy it.
3.gif

Mrs

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies Cello, swing, and Blen!

Blen, I do that as well but sometimes the shirt that I hike up keeps falling down over the valves which gets really annoying. I think I just need to experiment a bit with my wardrobe to see which of my shirts work best like that.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results