shape
carat
color
clarity

Good news and bad news

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
So the bad news first. Today was the "RSVP by" date on my reply cards, and we are missing a whopping 27 replies! Crazy, and while I expect to receive a few the next day or two, I think we will have to make at least 20 calls.

The good news.... WE BOOKED A HONEYMOON! Our wedding is in 38 days, so I guess we procrastinated, but we got a great rate! We will be staying at the Riu Palace in Cancun, 6 nights and we spent $2060. We were going to book online through Expedia but decided to call just in case they would offer us a special, and they are giving us a free upgrading on our room, plus $100 off the package. Couldn''t be happier, I had to share!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Fantastic news about your honeymoon! Yay!!

38.gif
to those who have not RSVP''d, however, at least you have received the bulk of them. Hopefully the procrastinating RSVP''s will come in in the next day or two and you''ll have to make less calls.

Everything is coming together!
9.gif

katamari

Ideal_Rock
This is my favorite type of good news/bad news--when the good news is way better than the bad news! Congrats!
36.gif
36.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/26/2009 12:51:38 AM
Author:Izzy03
So the bad news first. Today was the ''RSVP by'' date on my reply cards, and we are missing a whopping 27 replies! Crazy, and while I expect to receive a few the next day or two, I think we will have to make at least 20 calls.

The good news.... WE BOOKED A HONEYMOON! Our wedding is in 38 days, so I guess we procrastinated, but we got a great rate! We will be staying at the Riu Palace in Cancun, 6 nights and we spent $2060. We were going to book online through Expedia but decided to call just in case they would offer us a special, and they are giving us a free upgrading on our room, plus $100 off the package. Couldn''t be happier, I had to share!
OMG CONGRATS! The Rui Palace in Cancun is were FI and I got engaged! we LOVED IT and so will you! its SO beautiful.
awesome restaurants there, and you are literally right on the strip - we walked across the street and to town almost every day.
it was SO MUCH FUN! there is so much to do there. Just remember to take the city buses if you are going anywhere far, never a cab, they will rip you off.
one place we discovered and loved was Chocolate City, its in a mall i think, awesome place to eat where you can get a bucket of beer brought right to your table - and then you can get all you can eat sushi and all kinds of other stuff. SO GREAT
ask me any questions you have!
35.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Congrats on booking the honeymoon!! So exciting!!

As far as the RSVP''s are concerned... I''m sorry. I am NOT looking forward to that moment at all.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, people suck. Some people RSVP yes, and don''t show, others force you to call and say, well you KNEW I wouldnt miss it... obviously not. Oh well... hopefully they are all on FHs side so that he has to do all the calls
9.gif

AWESOME ABOUT THE HONEYMOON! Cancun is awesome, you''ll have a great time!
36.gif

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
Sparkalicious: Thanks! I really hope a lot come in today because we plan to start calling people today and tomorrow.

Katamari: I like getting the bad news first, because the good news always makes things so much better!

Iloveprincesscuts: We are so excited to hear people rave about the Riu Palace! You hear a few bad reviews and you start to worry! Thanks for the advice about Cancun, we will be sure to check out Chocolate City. FI and I could eat sushi and drink beer til we bust!

Meresal: Thank you! I''ve heard most people are pretty good about RSVPing, I think I am one of the more extreme cases. Most people I''ve talked to only had hunt down a few. Besides, it gets kinda exciting waiting for the mail everyday! Good luck!

tlh: I think the missing RSVPs are about 50/50, but I will make my mom do most of our calls
31.gif
I am preparing myself for how to handle those who RSVP coming, and then don''t show
29.gif
I can be pretty spiteful
11.gif

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
OMG if you like sushi then you''ll love the place! and they have all types of other food too, FI was happy with the bucket o beer! hehehhehe
its crazy in there too, all the walls are huge huge flat screen tv''s - like they take up the whole wall.
and you can take the bus there, walk across the street to wear the buses are going to the left and get on one, when the door open just ask the driver, chocolate city? and if he says yes, lets get on, its SOOO FUN!

you will love it. there is also a japanese restaurant at the hotel where you can make reserrvations and eat at for free, they have a sushi appetizer but you dont get much : (
but it is YUMMY THOUGH!

LauraBabe08

Shiny_Rock
yay congrats on the honeymoon!! As for the RSVP''s - I am missing a lot too and have to make my round of calls today.
7.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Woo for good news! Sounds like a great deal.

Boo for the bad news. I hope you have a lot of cell minutes this month or a good long distance calling plan. Sorry to hear you are still missing a bunch of RSVP cards.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh that''s a pity about the rsvps! Hopefully you''ll get that sorted soon. Great news about the honeymoon though!!

xoxo

Shiny_Rock
yay congrats on such a great place and deal for your honeymoon. Also sorry to hear about the rsvp hopefully it all comes soon.

honey22

Ideal_Rock
yay for the honeymoon!!
36.gif

As for the RSVPs, it''s so incredibly rude to ingore a RSVP date!!! I can''t believe grown adults can''t return a card on time. So so bad!!
29.gif

Izzy03

Brilliant_Rock
UPDATE*** Replies were due yesterday, we received 3 more today... STILL MISSING 24!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results