shape
carat
color
clarity

Good Jogging Shoe?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
FF and I are considering starting a jogging program.

Anyone have any recommendations on a good shoe? Thanks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi there, good to see you in this area! If you want to glance through last weeks Healthy lifestyles thread lots of people gave Canuk gal suggestions but I am sure others will chime in too as it is a fun topic! What I did that was really helpful for me; I went to a shoe store where they have a treadmill that they have you walk barefoot on and video tape you walking/running to see how you walk depending on what type of support you need for your foot. I wear Asics Cumulus 9 but my husband pronates so he wears a different brand of Asics.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 11:44:39 AM
Author: Skippy123
Hi there, good to see you in this area! If you want to glance through last weeks Healthy lifestyles thread lots of people gave Canuk gal suggestions but I am sure others will chime in too as it is a fun topic! What I did that was really helpful for me; I went to a shoe store where they have a treadmill that they have you walk barefoot on and video tape you walking/running to see how you walk depending on what type of support you need for your foot. I wear Asics Cumulus 9 but my husband pronates so he wears a different brand of Asics.

Oh awesome - didnt know there was another thread! I will hunt it down.

I am a pronator!

I think having people video tape me running would make me self-conscious. I can only imagine how I''ll feel doing it outside on the street!
6.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been wearing Asics for years - they are the best. You can find them at a good price on Zappos.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Whew. OK. 2 for Asics.

I''ll definitely look into those.

Couldn''t find the older post -- was it a post about shoes to begin with, or did it turn into one throughout the thread?

I tried searching for "Shoes" but of course, BWW shows up with hundreds of threads on bridal shoes!
1.gif

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely find out which way you land on your heels to determine whether you need a cushion shoe or a stability shoe. You can look at your shoes and see where the wear and tear is. Other than that, comfort, fit, and feel. You don''t want your toes pinched and you also don''t want a size too large because your foot will slip and blister up. Running shoes are really something you need to try on and run around in the store to see how they feel. Good luck on your jogging program.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
My suggestion would be going to a shoe store, and trying on different types and brands of shoe until you find the one that''s most comfortable and gives you good support.

I own a pair of New Balances. They are lightweight, and they work well for me! Take into consideration where you will be jogging (ie: treadmill, street, trail running), as you may need more support and a thicker shoe for trail running.

Good luck shoe shopping!

1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 11:57:24 AM
Author: elledizzy5

Oh awesome - didnt know there was another thread! I will hunt it down.

I am a pronator!

I think having people video tape me running would make me self-conscious. I can only imagine how I'll feel doing it outside on the street!
6.gif
Sorry, not another thread just discussion in the Healthy Lifestyle Thread.
1.gif
here is the link https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/healthier-lifestyle-thread-11th-august-till-17th-august.92301/ Canuk gal (Sharon) asked for suggestions, if you want to read a few.

They only video tape your feet! You don't have to worry about smiling! hehe
2.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Now suggestions for getting up at 615 AM and running....?
2.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I find the asics gel runners are brilliant for jogging.

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 12:27:32 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Thanks everyone for your suggestions!

Now suggestions for getting up at 615 AM and running....?
2.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
A site that my dad recommended is www.coolrunning.com. There''s a ton of info. for runners of all abilities.

He also recommended the Couch to 5K program, which is described here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml. I''m not at that point yet but it''s something I''d love to do when I get in better shape.

As for shoes, I just went to a running store yesterday and got new shoes (Saucony -- I can''t remember the actual style but it had the word "grid" in it). Anyway, the girl who was helping me watched me walk barefoot across the store and then brought out shoes that she thought would be a good fit.

She said that most people who go shopping on their own buy shoes that are too small. She recommends that women buy a half size larger than regular shoes they wear (a full size for men), since feet tend to swell when exercising.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
I also suggest going to a running store and getting fitted. I wear Asics Gel Cumulus.

If you know which way you pronate you can read the descriptions/reviews on Zappos to pick out a good pair (and return them if they don''t feel right).

cwj

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/19/2008 7:38:22 PM
Author: ZoeBartlett
A site that my dad recommended is www.coolrunning.com. There''s a ton of info. for runners of all abilities.

He also recommended the Couch to 5K program, which is described here: http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml. I''m not at that point yet but it''s something I''d love to do when I get in better shape.

As for shoes, I just went to a running store yesterday and got new shoes (Saucony -- I can''t remember the actual style but it had the word ''grid'' in it). Anyway, the girl who was helping me watched me walk barefoot across the store and then brought out shoes that she thought would be a good fit.

She said that most people who go shopping on their own buy shoes that are too small. She recommends that women buy a half size larger than regular shoes they wear (a full size for men), since feet tend to swell when exercising.
I would suggest looking at the Saucony too. Thats what I run in, and always buy bigger than what you wear in your everyday shoes. I also have found that I prefer a wider toe box for running. When I first started running I was told not to wear my running shoes for anything else. That seems to work for me and ofcourse makes the shoes last longer!

krispi

Shiny_Rock
I also wear Saucony. Getting fitted at a running store is the best way to go! They were able to find the perfect, most comfortable shoe ever for me. I also love coolrunning.com - lots of great articles! I also did the couch to 5K program last fall when I was getting ready for my first race. It's so much easier to have it broken down into small, manageable chunks. Before that, I'd just go out and try to run as long as I could and get frustrated. The program really helped because I could accomplish the smaller goals along the way, feel proud of myself, and tell I was making progress.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another vote for Asics - they are juuuuust perfect for me. I wear the Gel-Kayano 14. My foot is narrow and I wear the 2AA width and one whole size larger than I normally do in a dress shoe.

I purchased them through our local Fleet Feet after they performed the foot analysis. They also fit my foot for orthotics which made a HUGE difference.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results