shape
carat
color
clarity

Good face sunscreen

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The other day at the mall, a woman at the Shiseido counter used a little machine and checked my face for sun damage. She asked me what kind of sunscreen I''m using and I told her it''s SPF 15/Oil of Olay. She said my skin looks pretty good, but I should up my spf to a higher strength and this would mean using lotion and sunscreen seperately since lotion can only hold so much sunscreen in it if purchased as a combination product.

I bought Clinique''s Sun-Care face spf 30 and it''s really greasy! Yuck. I think I''m going to return it but have no idea which product to try next.

Has anyone tried any decent department store brands that have an SPF 30+ UVA/UVB lotion that isn''t too greasy? I''m wearing lotion or cream under the sunscreen, plus some makeup (concealer & blush) so I''m needing a light yet effective brand to layer on (one that doesn''t contain any tint/foundation).

Thanks for any ideas!

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Oil of Olay makes an SPF 30 now, it''s nice and light (my skin is oily), and its sunblock is micronized zinc oxide, which is a physical sunblock. Neutrogena makes a sunblock called Ultra Sheer that contains silica, it gives you a nice matte finish, makeup goes on nicely over. I''ve tried every expensive sunblock made, and these two are the best, IMHO.

I think the Shiseido woman is partially correct- you should wear a higher SPF, but her lotion combo explanation is bunk. Anything labelled with an SPF has to go through the same test regardless of whether it is a lotion/SPF combo or SPF alone.

I have worn sunscreen on my face every day since I was 12, and it has made a big difference. I took one of those sun damage tests and had very few spots, compared to my sis, who is 4 years younger, but never protects her skin.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Shiseido''s face/body sunblock w/ SPF 55 is a really good one. It''s light and non greasy, and i don''t break out from it.

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
I am currently using the MD Forte line. Also, Skin Medica is good.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I got a sample of the Neutrogena--it is a new formulation--that goes on "dry" if you can imagine. It has that silky feel, you know the way talc or cornstarch feels to the touch, and reminded me of some of the high end creams out on the mraket. It is called "Ultra Sheer Dry Touch" Sunblock, and I have seen it in a 30 and 45 SPF.

cheers--Sharon

c-c

Rough_Rock
I am using La Roche-Posay, Hydraphase UV SPF 30. by far is the best cream and SPF combination that I can find. I have tried so many creams but they all very greasy with the high SPF, or it gets really white after I put on it. I have really sensitive skin, and this cream is very mild and it''s recommand by the dermatologist. The surprise part is that the cream is really cheap.I think it''s about $ 20 something for 50ml.
12.gif
hope this will help!
28.gif
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results