shape
carat
color
clarity

Gonna cut my own veil!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Junkenpo

Shiny_Rock
I''ve been looking online and on ebay for nice drop veils, and they are really hard to find! Or... kind of expensive, or shipping would take anywhere from 1-4 weeks..and my wedding is July. LOL yeah, i''m cutting it a little close.

Sooo.... I decided well, why not just try to make own veil, or find the fabric and have an auntie or friend''s mom make me one?

No pictures yet, but I went to my local fabric store and found some sheer nylon tulle. It was only $1.50/yd! I''m pretty sure I bought waaay more yardage than I needed, but seeing as how I have yet to try on my dress (coming in the mail soon!) with my shoes, and I''m not sure how much coverage I want with the drop veil, I figured it was better to go with too much than too little.

When I got home, I ran into the bedroom & just draped the tulle over my head & streetclothes all the way to my feet...LOL! It was prettier than I expected! I may just cut the tulle to length and leave it unhemmed/unfinished. The hem of my gown has embroidery anyway, and this way there''ll be no competition.

I''m super excited to try on the whole look together!

Any suggestions on how to use hair/hat pins?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds exciting and very creative! I am sooo not well-versed in hat pins or hair pins, but hopefully one of our resident seamstresses will chime in with some assistance for you. Have you done a hair trial yet? You could probably bring your tulle to the hair trial and have your hairdresser see how she can rig it up for you if you're just going to insert it under an updo or something. If you're going for something more elaborate (i.e. on top of your head) I would enlist the help of professionals... Good luck!
36.gif

ladyciel

Brilliant_Rock
If you want to wear it as a drop veil, pinned to the top/crown of your head to keep it from sliding or blowing off (or to allow you to pull it back like it was a blusher), you can probably pin it in place using bobby pins. I''m betting you can slip the pins through the holes in the tulle and then tuck them into your hair. Maybe use a second pin making an X with the first to keep it from slipping out?

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Sounds great! I did this too, but then ended up buying one anyway. Do you need instructions? I got them online and I can probably dig up the URL for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results