shape
carat
color
clarity

Golden bird vs Diamondrensu

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
Hello,
I’m looking for an irregular cut antique cushion. I’ve seen them from harro and LAD and fell in love. I also noticed that golden bird and diamondrensu cut them as well. Are they any good? Would the LAD cutting really be any better for 5x the price. Does anyone have feedback for golden bird and or diamondrensu stone quality

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean started a thread about diamondrensu. I have bought from him but personally didn’t care for the buying experience. Not only that but the quality of the moissanite is poorer than Chinese moissanite.

I think GoldenBird’s OEC is pretty decent from what I’ve seen but I have heard mixed reviews. Personally I’ve debated on getting an OEC from him but after my experience with diamondrensu, I’m just not going to bother.

Last edited:

Mjay

Brilliant_Rock
@Mamabean started a thread about diamondrensu. I have bought from him but personally didn’t care for the buying experience. Not only that but the quality of the moissanite is poorer than Chinese moissanite.

I think GoldenBird’s OEC is pretty decent from what I’ve seen but I have heard mixed reviews. Personally I’ve debated on getting an OEC from him but after my experience with diamondrensu, I’m just not going to bother.

Thank you,
I’ve been reading other threads but I’m not finding much about the quality. I’m looking for an irregular/true antique cut. The Chinese venders aren’t doing them yet.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Here is an example of the quality of my diamondrensu vs Tianyu moissanite:

D2C298D4-7163-4154-9212-90DA6159F7FE.jpeg
Tianyu is on the left, the diamondrensu on the right. Granted, the diamondrensu is supposed to be “near colorless” but when I first bought it, I noticed it had a blue tinge to it. I can still see the blue when I tilt the moissanite on the side.

Even my moissanite from Mona (another Chinese vendor) is nicer and her H&A is not even as good as Tianyu’s (Mona moissy on right this time):

8EB59DB1-2557-40C3-A27F-20E15865EB9C.jpeg

I’ve actually thought about replacing the diamondrensu moissy with the Mona one because Mona’s looks so much better.

For a “wonky” cut, I don’t think that would be an issue (like I said, I do like a couple of the OECs from goldenbird); rather the quality of the Indian moissanite itself is just so-so. I’ve only seen a couple Indian moissanites I liked but I never really loved any of them, if that makes sense. Not to mention, I find the customer service (at least with diamondrensu) not as good as the Chinese vendors. I’d say that if you decide to buy an Indian moissanite, make sure you ask to upgrade your shipping so you get it quickly instead of waiting over a month like I did (and having no tracking on top of that).

strawrose

Brilliant_Rock
When I look at goldenbird’s photos, the moissanite doesn’t appeal to me. It could be the mixture of color and cut.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would stay away from both...really..They were both terrible experiences..

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking at both Goldenbird and Diamondrensu's jewelry prices....did they go up recently? Some of their eternity rings cost as much as what Starsgem and Provence has quoted me and I would rather go with the Chinese vendors over the Indian ones any day.

I think if you want to save money on OECs, maybe you can look into CZ? There are some really nice ones and myself personally have thought about getting some myself and baking:

https://www.diamondcz.co.uk/

He’s closed, but I am debating on getting a couple OECs when he reopens. =)2

I’ve also looked at Shantastic on Etsy as she makes some great rings, but most of the stones she has are way too big for my tastes. Still like them, though:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShantasticJewelry

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
I'm looking at both Goldenbird and Diamondrensu's jewelry prices....did they go up recently? Some of their eternity rings cost as much as what Starsgem and Provence has quoted me and I would rather go with the Chinese vendors over the Indian ones any day.

I think if you want to save money on OECs, maybe you can look into CZ? There are some really nice ones and myself personally have thought about getting some myself and baking:

https://www.diamondcz.co.uk/

He’s closed, but I am debating on getting a couple OECs when he reopens. =)2

I’ve also looked at Shantastic on Etsy as she makes some great rings, but most of the stones she has are way too big for my tastes. Still like them, though:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/ShantasticJewelry

I baked a Swarovski CZ ring I got for cheap off Etsy and it looks amazing!

Also, I think Shantastic uses Chris CZs in her rings ;)2 Her prices are a little steep for my frugal (*cough* *cheap*) self. The stones are a couple bucks and the settings I’m pretty sure are just stock pieces from Jamming Gems, which cost under $20 typically.

I’ve also ordered some 8 H&A stones from Chris, and honestly, the Swarovski cut blows it out of the water. The only thing I don’t like is the Swarovski only comes in colorless, and I prefer a little warmth as opposed to the blinding icy blue/white of a traditional CZ.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why does baking cz make it clearer? I’m wondering what would happen with moissanite? :think:

Last edited:

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
@michellelynn9175 I’ve never hear of Swarovski cz! Gonna look for those now! :lol:

And I think you’re right, I do think that shantastic does use Chris CZ, too.

@Mamabean I’ve thought of this, too, but too scared to try, lol!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@michellelynn9175 I’ve never hear of Swarovski cz! Gonna look for those now! :lol:

And I think you’re right, I do think that shantastic does use Chris CZ, too.

@Mamabean I’ve thought of this, too, but too scared to try, lol!
I’m not! I have two pairs of moissanite earrings..one from each. I’ll bake them later and let you know! Haha!

They sell gold Swarovski studs at TJMaxx.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not! I have two pairs of moissanite earrings..one from each. I’ll bake them later and let you know! Haha!

They sell gold Swarovski studs at TJMaxx.
Hahahaha, good to know (both about baking and the CZ studs)!!! I'm excited to see what happens! :D If you get good results, maybe I will try it on my Diamondrensu pendant....

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
Hahahaha, good to know (both about baking and the CZ studs)!!! I'm excited to see what happens! :D If you get good results, maybe I will try it on my Diamondrensu pendant....

I’m not sure it does anything with Moissanite, but it makes the facets more crisp with CZ somehow? At first I thought it made it warmer too, but I think just more depth. It’s still kinda blue/white in natural light.

Amazon sells Swarovski, and Berricle has some too. I baked mine for about 5 hours total at 400 degrees so far.

I’ll find the pics and post the results :mrgreen2: I don’t want to derail this thread. Should we start a new one?

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I’m not sure it does anything with Moissanite, but it makes the facets more crisp with CZ somehow? At first I thought it made it warmer too, but I think just more depth. It’s still kinda blue/white in natural light.

Amazon sells Swarovski, and Berricle has some too. I baked mine for about 5 hours total at 400 degrees so far.

I’ll find the pics and post the results :mrgreen2: I don’t want to derail this thread. Should we start a new one?
I think you should start a new thread! :bigsmile: Then more of us can share our experiences with baking CZ!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results