clarity

Gold Skyrocketing!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And I sold some at $1680 and some silver at $18.50... ;(

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I sold some scrap and a tiny krugger rand and was more than happy with what i got

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never sold any of my gold jewelry when gold reached its peaks before. And it has skyrocketed before. How high is it compared to past highs?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this on-line.

"The gold market is 'very strong' and could hit $3,500 in two years, one analyst told CNBC this week.

Prices have surged and reached record highs on Monday amid worries over the coronavirus pandemic and tensions between the U.S. and China.

'What is really significant is how quickly it went through that $1,923 which was the previous high. The other thing which was … very, very important was the fact that it went through $1,800 and with similar ease,' said Barry Dawes, executive chairman at Martin Place Securities. 'That’s basically saying to me that this is a very, very strong market.'

Spot gold traded about 0.55% lower at about $1,931.24 per ounce on Tuesday afternoon in Asia.

'I’m looking for $3,500 within two years,' Dawes told CNBC’s 'Street Signs Asia.' He said some consolidation is 'probable,' but the underlying strength of the rally is 'very significant'."

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000, looks like we should have hung on to our scrap gold a little longer :roll2:

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Is a coin show the best place to sell scrap? I definitely have single earrings, broken necklaces etc and don't know where to sell.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
interested to see if designers / independent jewelers start embracing alternative metals. going to be seeing more of that whisper thin jewelry i bet. :lol:

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just pulled out my old receipt, and if I waited till now, I coulda got another $250 for that pile of chains!

How much are they paying per gram right now? I don’t know which calculator to trust.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a bagful of silver and gold items. Guess I should bring it in soon.

voce

Ideal_Rock
And I sold some at $1680 and some silver at $18.50... ;(

Too early, n00b! :lol:

You don't sell until price of gold is going down with an economic expansion. We need to be clear of coronavirus before that can happen.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How much are they paying per gram right now? I don’t know which calculator to trust.
An honest buyer should pay you about 90% of pure gold content. I bought these for scrap when gold was at $1400. The total weight is 164 grams of 22kt gold.

IMG_1995.jpg
IMG_1996.jpg

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is the one I use.
A fair gold buyer will give you 85% of the value. @Dancing Fire says 90%, but I haven't seen that around here.
You can shop around for a gold buyer that will give you the best rate.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the one I use.
A fair gold buyer will give you 85% of the value. @Dancing Fire says 90%, but I haven't seen that around here.
You can shop around for a gold buyer that will give you the best rate.
I'll pay 85% of content all day long and still make a good profit... ;))

IIRC, When I was working in a coin shop many yrs ago we were paying 90% then sell it to the wholesaler for 93% or higher depending on quantity we have on hand. The more ounces we have the higher the % received from the wholesaler. This is when gold was trading at $325 - $350 per oz.

cm_ls1

Shiny_Rock
I’m still holding a few of these blocks :bigsmile:

90kCwgK.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m still holding a few of these blocks :bigsmile:

90kCwgK.jpg

I love gold. I wouldn't mind owning a few of those. One of my cousins bought a silver bar before the government stopped selling them (or exchanging them as legal tender or whatever it is they used to do). He got it from the US government.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Gold bugs — investors perpetually bullish on gold — have long been seen as a paranoid fringe of the financial world, holding the shiny asset as a hedge against a disaster they always think is near. But lately, they appear to be on to something. This year, gold is the best performing traditional asset in the world. Its price just topped $2,000 an ounce for the first time. From serious investors to newly minted day traders, everyone is talking up its virtues.

As an investment, gold has none of the virtues I admire, like innovation and dynamism, and many of the vices I despise, including the 'rent seeking' mind-set typical of extractive industries. But these times aren’t normal. Unless a vaccine emerges quickly, central banks stop printing money frantically and real interest rates start rising again, it is difficult not to be a gold bug now. "

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results