shape
carat
color
clarity

Going to Seattle...

iota15

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. LightningBug, that's quite a list! I'll have to look it up when I get down to Seattle. In general, I just love wandering around Seattle's downtown.

I'm also disappointed to hear the Experience Music Project is not that good. I've always wanted to go in (it's next to the Space Needle, which I've never been in). The structure looks amazing and maybe worth a walk around anyway. When I'm in Seattle, I usually stay in a hotel/motel around the Needle and walk to Pike Place. It's not that bad of a walk.

Anyways, here's a pic of EMP:

p123446-Seattle-Experience_Music_Project.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I actually loved the Experience Music Project. I am really into music, but I went with DH and my ILs and we all thought it was fantastic.

Enjoy your trip, Dreamer!

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/28/2010 9:44:25 PM
Author: katamari
I actually loved the Experience Music Project. I am really into music, but I went with DH and my ILs and we all thought it was fantastic.

Enjoy your trip, Dreamer!

Good to hear it''s fun now!
1.gif
I went years ago, when it first opened and they were still ironing out the wrinkles.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks again everyone, especially Lightingbug that is a great list of places to go and things to see
36.gif
I will check it all out and definitely be making a short list of things to see/do. We are only really there for about 30 hours so can''t do it all unfortunately
15.gif

blingmyring

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/27/2010 2:25:08 PM
Author: dreamer_d
All great ideas! We are there a very short time, and we want to stay in the downtown area and do things that don''t cost too much
2.gif
We are going there on airmiles -- hotel and airfare -- and blew our disposable money on my upgrade that we will pick up when we are there
36.gif
So we are looking for sighseeing on a budget!
Hey, am I the only one who caught the part about picking up the upgrade? Dreamer did I miss a thread in Rocky Talky? Did you get the 1.70? Please let us know !!!!!!!!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
My DH is from Seattle, and he is always taking me around to all the prettiest places to try to get me to fall in love with the city (I''m not too fond of the climate). He proposed in Seattle, and that day, he took me to a bunch of fun and beautiful places:

1) Northwest Trek: this is a wildlife preserve/zoo that has animals in secure environments and roaming around the grounds. It''s about 40 mintues away from the city, so I don''t know if you''ll have time to go there, but it''s really a neat place if you''re an animal lover like me.

2) The overlook on Queen Anne Hill: this is where the postcard pictures of Seattle are generally taken. From there, you can see a gorgeous view of the Seattle skyline, the water, and Mount Rainier. It is breathtaking and totally free =).

3) Golden Gardens: this park is on Puget Sound, and on the other side of the water, you can see the Olympic mountains. There''s a beach and a marina there, and the views are lovely. This was where my DH actually proposed to me, so it has a very special place in my heart.

Have a wonderful time in Seattle, Dreamer! I can''t wait to see your upgrade.

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/29/2010 12:19:30 AM
Author: dreamer_d
Thanks again everyone, especially Lightingbug that is a great list of places to go and things to see
36.gif
I will check it all out and definitely be making a short list of things to see/do. We are only really there for about 30 hours so can''t do it all unfortunately
15.gif

You''re welcome, Dreamer. I used to keep that list on hand for all my visiting friends and family, and it was fun to dig it out again. Sorry to overwhelm you, lol.
1.gif

And HEY, that''s right! What''s up with your upgrade? Did you post a thread?
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results