shape
carat
color
clarity

Going to have a setting made by ERD - Help me ease my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wobbly hedgehog

Rough_Rock
I believe I''m going to get started with ERD.com tomorrow. They going to make a setting based on photos I''ve sent them. It''s a pretty simple halo with a cushion. The really great person I''m working with assured me that they would send photos of the wax, and that I would have full veto power of everything until it''s perfect.

So, we''re planning on sending a check for half tomorrow to get them started.

That is, unless you all tell me not to...?

I''m feeling anxious. I know nothing can ever be 100% assured, but does anyone there think I''m about to make a huge mistake by getting the stone and setting from them?

They sent me photos of the stone today, and it looks amazing. But, I am unable to get down to NYC to see the stone in person. It''s a 1.03, Cushion Brilliant, F, SI1 (ratio 1.18, table 62%, depth 64.8%).

I was going to go with a local jeweler (where I saw this setting), but the price is about $1,000 more and the stones they got to show me didn''t really impress.

Ok, so - should we go ahead and get started with ERD?

Please, help me so I can sleep tonight.
17.gif

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Hi Wobbly-

They seem to have alot of good reviews-are you in a time crunch, or can you have them send you the stone to take a look at in person? What is your biggest fear?

wobbly hedgehog

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/16/2006 8:55:16 PM
Author: gail013

They seem to have alot of good reviews-are you in a time crunch, or can you have them send you the stone to take a look at in person? What is your biggest fear?

No, I''m not really in a time crunch...except for the one dicated my own excitement.
9.gif

I guess my biggest fear is not being able to convey what I want because of not totally understanding all of the different aspects of both the stone and the setting, and ending up with a subpar product. That''s why I need all of you!

Ok, so I can ask them to send the stone to me so I can look at it, and then if I decide it''s the right one, I send it back to have them work on the setting?

I honestly didn''t know I could do that. Jeez...you could fill a volume of encyclopedia with all the things I don''t know.

What else should I be doing before I go spending my boyfriend''s money all over creation?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you spoken to Mark Turnowski himself?? He has an awesome reputation on here. I believe it''s worth talking to him on the phone, to alleviate any fears you may have. Have him send you photos of the stone. Getting pics of the wax is key too. That way you can you can modify anything before it is cast, etc... But call Mark. I''m sure the stone and the ring will be amazing. HTH and good luck!!! Lisa

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Hi Wobbly-

Well, I had bought a stone from WF and was PRETTY sure it would work. They were honest about everything, but once I had it I realized there were some imperfections (that I knew about) that I decided I didn''t like. So I was glad I saw the stone first, and I don''t think I could do it any other way. I know lots of people here order custom rings only having seen a picture of the wax but I could never do that. I''m a mess trying to find a setting I like. I think if you have tried on settings like this one and are sure it will work for you, than maybe it''ll work out great. I personally would want to see the setting and the stone . Can they send the setting out to you without the stone mounted? I would want to see both more because of my indecsion, or uncertainty...... Can you try that?

gongjoo143

Shiny_Rock
Hi Wobbly,

I just wanted to reassure you that Mark Turnowski is great to work with - just a real honest, sincere and genuine guy. I''ve worked with him on numerous projects (my engagement ring, wedding bands, mom''s anniversary ring, several friend''s engagement rings) and I''ve always been extremely happy. His work is gorgeous and he gives a fair price. I''m sure your cushion halo will be beautiful!

mdyer

Rough_Rock
Hi Wobbly,

i''ve never posted on Pricescope but felt compelled to respond to you. I would definitely go with ERD for the setting. Both my setting & stone are from there & i think it''s gorgeous, and i get complements on the setting all the time. It also sounds similar to what you''re thinking about doing. My fiance wasn''t planning on doing the setting with Mark, but decided to at the last minute & i really love it. The setting is so delicate & the workmanship is amazing. The only thing was that it took longer than he first estimated (7 weeks as opposed to the quoted 2), but that was really the only problem we had.

Go for it and good luck!

Melanie
IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

ring.jpg

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Um, HELLO, we need a thread for that beauty Melanie!!! and about a hundred more photos!!!

(sorry for the thread-jack Wobbly! )

a

gail013

Shiny_Rock
Wobbly-

Have you tried on enough styles to know what you are looking for? The halo is a beautiful ring. If that''s what you want, I''m sure you''ll be OK, but if you''re not sure, don''t feel that you don''t have the option to try things on, or see them in person before you buy.... EGD certainly is highly reccomended-I can understand though how you''d be nervous, just trying to make sure you get things right....

Melanie, that is a gorgeous ring. What are the specs on that?

gail013

Shiny_Rock
BTW Wobbly, yes you can see the stone first, and I think you should. Then at least you can compare it to what you saw locally that didn''t impress you. I guess though it depends on what you want to do. The best thing you can learn here is knowledge in regards to stone quality and pricing.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wobbly, many of us had our stones sent to us to approve before making a final decision. You usually have to pay the shipping both ways because the vendor normally only pays for one free shipping and that would probably be when the ring is finished.

Melanie! You do need to post your beautiful ring on Show Me the Ring! It really helps others just like Wobbly who are deciding on settings and vendors. Plus, we love ring pictures!!

wobbly hedgehog

Rough_Rock
You guys are great!

First of all, Melanie- that ring!
23.gif
Please, please post it in "Show Me The Ring". The world needs to see it. And thank you for showing me a beautiful setting made by ERD. How would you describe the way the stones on the halo and shank are set?

I''ll ask ERD to send us the stone so we can see it up close and personal, and be sure it''s the one.

I''m already positive about the setting I want; I was just nervous about having it made somewhere other than where I saw it. But it''s a pretty simple setting, I''m sure they''ve done ones much more complicated. You''ve all helped me feel so much better. What a great forum!

Here goes nothing! (fingers crossed)

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/17/2006 8:12:55 AM
Author: wobbly hedgehog
You guys are great!

First of all, Melanie- that ring!
23.gif
Please, please post it in ''Show Me The Ring''. The world needs to see it. And thank you for showing me a beautiful setting made by ERD. How would you describe the way the stones on the halo and shank are set?

I''ll ask ERD to send us the stone so we can see it up close and personal, and be sure it''s the one.

I''m already positive about the setting I want; I was just nervous about having it made somewhere other than where I saw it. But it''s a pretty simple setting, I''m sure they''ve done ones much more complicated. You''ve all helped me feel so much better. What a great forum!

Here goes nothing! (fingers crossed)
Hi Wobbly! I actually met Mark in person today! Me and my bf met him after work, he was very kind and a real expert in this industry! I can tell you that you should be very comfortable about buying your ring from him. I think I''ll also go with the same setting style. While we were with Mark, a lady arrived to pick up her ring, sort of looking like Melanie''s ring. It was gorgeous! I certainly tried on but unfortunately it was a little loose on my finger, otherwise I might have insisted on buying hers!!! ;-)

My stone will be 1.66 cushion, now all I have to do is find a good setting. It''s tougher than I expected, but fun!

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
Well, my mind is certainly occupied with thoughts of sparkling stones that I didn''t notice the date on this original post! :) Almost a month ago! I need to ask you, Wobbly, how did it go? What are you getting? Pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results