shape
carat
color
clarity

GOG 360 views coming soon?

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
While I'm patiently (dying here) waiting for my GOG project to be done, I was oogling some rocks on GOG's site and noticed that several listings have a blue video button. :o

When I clicked it in explorer, it opens a box with a pic of the rock, and what appears to be various buttons to show it in 360 (but they don't work). So, I tried chrome, but it didn't open the box at all. :confused:

As an example, here's a listing with the button
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/3.11-august_vintage_european-I-AGS-K-SI1-diamond-stock-13749-cert-104068529005

Anybody else having success making the video work, or know if this is coming to fruition? :whistle:

Strawberry129

Rough_Rock
It works for me. Used chrome...maybe it just got updated. :)

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Works for me on Chrome on my macbook pro.

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Oy. Gotta have the hubster look at the browser. :ugeek: I am so not an IT fixer. :doh:

Aside from that, I notice the 360 button is only on some listings. It's looking like its only on the bigger stones.

Not here:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/0.63-ascendancy_heart_arrows-EX-GIA-G-VS2-diamond-stock-14864-cert-7122117184

But is here:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/3.85-ascendancy_heart_arrows-EX-GIA-G-VS2-diamond-stock-14218-cert-7201021076

Wonder if GOG is going to include it in all of their listings? :pray:

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
So I tried to view some of the 360 stones on my chrome browser on my phone, a Galaxy Note 5, and had the same problem. Not able to see anything other than the still image.

Weirdly I was able to see sample stones through the affiliate Vision360 link in the stone's image (bottom left corner).

So, i dont think this has to do with my browser. Anyone else having trouble?

Are the people with success only Mac users?

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Not just the bigger stones. The ~.7ct AVC I've been watching has one.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a really cool function! I just saw this thread and had to look. I think this is the first time I have been able to understand really how the avrs look.
The video worked perfectly for the first stone I looked at, but when I tried looking at another stone and draw the stone in the video the video freezed and stopped working even after a page reload. I use firefox. Not sure if this is related to the browser, video being really large and/ or my bandwidth. Anyways, love love love this function! :appl: :clap:

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LawmaLlama|1477515510|4090869 said:
Oy. Gotta have the hubster look at the browser. :ugeek: I am so not an IT fixer. :doh:

Aside from that, I notice the 360 button is only on some listings. It's looking like its only on the bigger stones.

Not here:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/0.63-ascendancy_heart_arrows-EX-GIA-G-VS2-diamond-stock-14864-cert-7122117184

But is here:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/3.85-ascendancy_heart_arrows-EX-GIA-G-VS2-diamond-stock-14218-cert-7201021076

Wonder if GOG is going to include it in all of their listings? :pray:

Greetings PS friends. Thanks for noticing. Yep... it'll not only be on all in house diamonds but is going to become a staple in our online customer service as well as a part of our concierge when we acquire diamonds for clients via the "virtual" inventory for a gemological inspection. You'll see the videos in 2 places.

1. In the search results on those we've done it on. You'll note a new "video" button in between add to cart and view details.
2. On the individual diamonds page. Just click the blue arrow and the video should appear.

We believe the bugs are worked out but yea, at first on the diamonds page only the static image was coming up. I do get the video now though.

Thanks,
Rhino

newvideos01.jpg

newvideos02.jpg

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Rhino|1477584830|4091185 said:
Greetings PS friends. Thanks for noticing. Yep... it'll not only be on all in house diamonds but is going to become a staple in our online customer service as well as a part of our concierge when we acquire diamonds for clients via the "virtual" inventory for a gemological inspection. You'll see the videos in 2 places.

1. In the search results on those we've done it on. You'll note a new "video" button in between add to cart and view details.
2. On the individual diamonds page. Just click the blue arrow and the video should appear.

We believe the bugs are worked out but yea, at first on the diamonds page only the static image was coming up. I do get the video now though.

Thanks,
Rhino

Wow, this will be a great feature for your online customers (from out of state)! :clap:
Looks like it is working for me now on many (not all) of the listings, on both my desktop and phone. I especially like that this feature lets you start and stop the spinning so that you can see different angles. Nice.

So, once you've got your full inventory on video, I guess this means you won't need to keep on with the secondary youtube channel - GOGDiamondLab?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LawmaLlama|1477589448|4091209 said:
Rhino|1477584830|4091185 said:

Thanks,
Rhino

Wow, this will be a great feature for your online customers (from out of state)! :clap:
Looks like it is working for me now on many (not all) of the listings, on both my desktop and phone. I especially like that this feature lets you start and stop the spinning so that you can see different angles. Nice.

So, once you've got your full inventory on video, I guess this means you won't need to keep on with the secondary youtube channel - GOGDiamondLab?

Possibly LL. My staff likes the secondary channel as their clips generally don't have commentary while mine does so we'll see. Thanks for asking.

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
Makes sense. I guess too, that channel is also beneficial to show some different lighting effects that make it worth the while. I myself enjoy checking out the different cuts in different lighting.

Thanks for filling us in on your website developments. I'm sure lots of us PSrs are happy to hear this news! :dance: :dance:

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock

LawmaLlama

Shiny_Rock
LawmaLlama|1477593464|4091250 said:
Fantspants|1477593197|4091249 said:
The video on this

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/0.83-august_vintage_european-I-AGS-I-SI2-diamond-stock-12902-cert-104075631002

Is that really the same diamond? Surely those inclusions would show on a picture taken straight on? Please correct me if I am wrong I just want to understand as I love this new function! :think:

Surely not, there are more inclusions in the video than the cert shows. Maybe the wrong diamond in the video?

No wait, it IS the right diamond. I think the video is showing reflections of the inclusions . . . . :-o :-o

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
LawmaLlama|1477593600|4091252 said:
LawmaLlama|1477593464|4091250 said:
Fantspants|1477593197|4091249 said:
The video on this

http://www.goodoldgold.com/diamond-search/0.83-august_vintage_european-I-AGS-I-SI2-diamond-stock-12902-cert-104075631002

Is that really the same diamond? Surely those inclusions would show on a picture taken straight on? Please correct me if I am wrong I just want to understand as I love this new function! :think:

Surely not, there are more inclusions in the video than the cert shows. Maybe the wrong diamond in the video?

No wait, it IS the right diamond. I think the video is showing reflections of the inclusions . . . . :-o :-o

Yes the video is showing reflections. Bear in mind the featured pic is more of a glamour shot and not meant to replace the critical photomicrographs which do in fact show precisely where the inclusions are, their color, nature, size and relief within the diamond we are examining. The new videos do show perhaps even more than what you may or may not see.

Hope that helps.
Rhino

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results