shape
carat
color
clarity

Goddess Wedding Dress

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamante2

Rough_Rock
I''m having an atypical wedding. Only inviting my girlfriends and we all have to dress as Goddesses. Now, the hard part. . . finding a Goddess dress! Any ideas?

Thanks,
Claudia

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Well, not knowing your budget, there is one gown I saw by Badgley Mischka simply called "Ivory charmeuse gown with beading" for $3,900. Call 1-800-786-0903. I'll see if I can find it somewhere to post pictures...

It's a spagetti strap sheath dress that has straps of beading right under the breast line, with a total godess look.

I suggest a gauzy light sheath style gown that is fitted on the top, with either a shirred top or an elegant draped neckline...

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
This is a monique L'hullier that was featured on the today show. They described as being greek goddess like

040922_dress2_lhuillier.standard.jpg

SOrry the pic is not bigger..

Melissa

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
This is also from the today show website

"Greek goddess
Want a look that’s sexy and modern, yet utterly classic? Go for the sophistication of a Grecian goddess-inspired dress — either a long, lean and fluid silhouette or a romantic series of overlapping layers. Key details to look for include a halter neckline (especially dramatic when the bodice of the dress is attached to an actual choker-length necklace), a sashed waist and a very long length complete with side slits. It’s a wonderful look for summer weddings and also for destination weddings, where it’s right in keeping with the spirit of a romantic Greek isle."

And they have this dress, from Amsale posted next to it.

041007_fashion_greek_bcol_1p.standard.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Or this? Also Monique L'huillier. I'd go without the fur stolle for the goddess look though

mlhuf03angel.jpg

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
How about these ones by Mary Mcfadden? I like the one at the back.

goddessMaryMcFadden.jpg

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Forgive the fact that this was actually a cut-out from a magazine that I scanned, so the image isn't perfect. It actually was in my Wedding Book, the monster of a book I had started of clippings and pictures of dresses, flowers, poses, etc for my wedding...

I think this is just like a haloween costume I had once for a Cleopatra outift, except probably made out of much pricer materials. It looks light and very godess, and would pair well with a very soft and transluscent matching ivory silk wrap that literally reaches to the floor on both sides, but is draped about the neck loosely and very dramatically.

Hair: I suggest a sort of braided crown with little white flowers stick in between. and possibly a few soft tendril hanging down to soften the look. But if you want hair down, I suggest soft natural waves, again with flowers (except bigger ones), or maybe even one large magnolia or an exotic flower to the side to give it that earthy, heavenly feel...

GOOD LUCK!!!

BadgleyMischkaGodess.jpg

tthorpe32

Rough_Rock
Look at http://store.romanticthreads.com/ This site has medieval and victorian attire. I think I am buying my dress on this site.

Good Luck!

tthorpe32

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i saw a few of these (one had that kind of wrap around the neck and around the arm look like the old grecian goddesses) when I was looking for my dress last year....

I ran a search on some of the more popular websites such as knot.com and weddingchannel.com and looked particularly for 'sheath' dresses of a light material. in using the search tool a few popped up.

most of these will be very lightweight of silk or a chiffon overlay silk type material...so hopefully that helps when you are searching. apparently this look was popular beginning last year...so there were more styles coming out than in the past when the big princess dress was the thing. Good luck!!

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
try bridesave.com for some ideas, and to save a couple thousand on these awesome dresses...klr

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found this by accident; it''s kind of nice.
http://www.azcentral.com/style/articles/1024fashion.html

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
watters and watters has a very goddess-y bm dress...and it would be cheaper than an actual wedding dress if you guys are on a budget....i think it was under $200. it looiks better in person i think....more flow-y. don''t know about colors though.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results