shape
carat
color
clarity

Goats

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
Has anyone ever went to a goat farm IMG_9395.jpeg IMG_9399.jpeg to hold little bb goats? I went yesterday and it was dirty, but fun. They are so cute . I’ll attach some pics if anyone’s interested. IMG_9415.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9405.jpeg
    IMG_9405.jpeg
    420.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9401.jpeg
    IMG_9401.jpeg
    307.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_9404.jpeg
    IMG_9404.jpeg
    567.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9411.jpeg
    IMG_9411.jpeg
    437.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9409.jpeg
    IMG_9409.jpeg
    214.4 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_9412.jpeg
    IMG_9412.jpeg
    282.3 KB · Views: 9

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
They're darling but they grow up and have a caprine odor. Plus they'll jump onto a car roof. I'd have a couple for weed control but no idea how to care for them. Vet bills!

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
They're darling but they grow up and have a caprine odor. Plus they'll jump onto a car roof. I'd have a couple for weed control but no idea how to care for them. Vet bills!
Oh no I can only imagine. The owner warned us that they chew on everything and he wasn’t kidding lol. My partners just been on an animal kick lately . Yesterday was goats and last week was alpacas those were my favorite! I’ll post pics of those cuties in here too.

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
IMG_9351.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9354.jpeg
    IMG_9354.jpeg
    196 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9355.jpeg
    IMG_9355.jpeg
    207.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9356.jpeg
    IMG_9356.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9356.jpeg
    IMG_9356.jpeg
    223.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9347.jpeg
    IMG_9347.jpeg
    174.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9349.jpeg
    IMG_9349.jpeg
    466.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9350.jpeg
    IMG_9350.jpeg
    410.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9352.jpeg
    IMG_9352.jpeg
    333.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9357.jpeg
    IMG_9357.jpeg
    327.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_9358.jpeg
    IMG_9358.jpeg
    187.3 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_9372.jpeg
    IMG_9372.jpeg
    356.2 KB · Views: 5

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Goats
Chew on anything
Poop on everything
Walk on anything and are magical at getting on top of things to walk, chew and poop on.
They stink
There is always a jerk in the bunch who wants to head butt everything.
They can be very loud.

+s the babies are cute and they are yummy to eat and can keep the weeds down and snakes away.

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
Goats
Chew on anything
Poop on everything
Walk on anything and are magical at getting on top of things to walk, chew and poop on.
They stink
There is always a jerk in the bunch who wants to head butt everything.
They can be very loud.

+s the babies are cute and they are yummy to eat and can keep the weeds down and snakes away.

I agree with everything you said. They tried chewing on everything they could , they did stink and I reeked when I got home lol. Just something to do once and I’m good .

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Ah the babies are adorable!

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
...it's only the billy goats that smell so strong as adults. :bigsmile:

Goats are one of my fave creatures. I adore them, and would love to go and play with/hold kid goats!

Close by, we have a little "petting zoo" with lots of goats (all sizes), some alpacas, lots of different birds, etc. It's not really a petting zoo, but you can feed the goats over/through the fence, and the little pygmy goats are so sweet.

In another large pen, are the billy goats. Oh, my! They really have a strong scent. I feel sorry for them, because nobody wants to stop and feed them or pet them...I did one day, and my hands smelled of billy goat. I had to do multiple washes to be rid of the scent. :lol:

Last edited:

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
...it's only the billy goats that smell so strong as adults. :bigsmile:

Goats are one of my fave creatures. I adore them, and would love to go and play with/hold kid goats!

Close by, we have a little "petting zoo" with lots of goats (all sizes), some alpacas, lots of different birds, etc. It's not really a petting zoo, but you can feed the goats over/through the fence, and the little pygmy goats are so sweet.

In another large pen, are the billy goats. Oh, my! They really have a strong scent. I feel sorry for them, because nobody wants to stop and feed them or pet them...I did one day, and my hands smelled of billy goat. I had to do multiple washes to be rid of the scent. :lol:

Oh really? My coat smelled pretty bad after they crawled all over me. They went for my laces , pockets, purse straps , everything . I had to come home and immediately wash everything. Totally worth it though . One little girl was yelling saying it was chewing her hair lol. The little ones were sucking my thumb and it was the cutest thing ever. We had to sign waivers because the guy said they kick lol. It was only 10 bucks to spend a hour with them and I thought that was such a steal!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goats
Chew on anything
Poop on everything ...

Same with parrots!
However, IME (in my experience) parrots can be ... well ... 94.217% potty trained.
At least, that's been true for Bibi, and my past parrots.

I also love goats. :kiss2:
They're such endearing & charming critters!

I've heard, if you get two for weed control, your property won't need a fence.
Goats are not intelligent enough to cooperate & coordinate their movements to walk together to get away.

True? I dunno.
... Frankly, I'm more asking here, than telling.

Last edited:

worljewels

Rough_Rock
Trade
Those baby goats are just too cute but they do grow up to be stinky! I think alpacas would be my favorite farm animal to hold too, they seem so soft and gentle. Thanks for sharing the pics, it's always fun to see other people experiencing cute animals.

SparklieBug

Brilliant_Rock
Oh really? My coat smelled pretty bad after they crawled all over me. They went for my laces , pockets, purse straps , everything . I had to come home and immediately wash everything. Totally worth it though . One little girl was yelling saying it was chewing her hair lol. The little ones were sucking my thumb and it was the cutest thing ever. We had to sign waivers because the guy said they kick lol. It was only 10 bucks to spend a hour with them and I thought that was such a steal!
LOL! Now I want to go pet them through the fence and see what my hands smell like. :lol: The large area where the females and babies live doesn't have any appreciable smell.

The area where the billy-boys live is nearly gagalicious, the scent is so strong. And downwind of their space is also ver-r-r-r-ry strong smelling. To me, goat milk and goat cheese tastes and smells like billy goats. I avoid goat milk products.

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
Those baby goats are just too cute but they do grow up to be stinky! I think alpacas would be my favorite farm animal to hold too, they seem so soft and gentle. Thanks for sharing the pics, it's always fun to see other people experiencing cute animals.

The alpacas were so fluffy and cute! I loved feeding them ! We would grab handfuls of feed from the owners bucket and man oh man, they’d all coming running up to us wanting to be fed lol. It was actually so cute. You could feel their little teeth scraping your palms getting every bite I could feed them all day long .

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
LOL! Now I want to go pet them through the fence and see what my hands smell like. :lol: The large area where the females and babies live doesn't have any appreciable smell.

The area where the billy-boys live is nearly gagalicious, the scent is so strong. And downwind of their space is also ver-r-r-r-ry strong smelling. To me, goat milk and goat cheese tastes and smells like billy goats. I avoid goat milk products.

lol, you better go pet them ! My man loves goat cheese and I make him use listerine after or I won’t kiss him lol. Can I borrow gagalicious? I think that’s going to be my new favorite word

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE goats. They are GOAT :love:

I don't do yoga but if I did I would do goat yoga! :)

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I've heard, if you get two for weed control, your property won't need a fence.
Goats are not intelligent enough to cooperate & coordinate their movements to walk together to get away.

True? I dunno.
... Frankly, I'm more asking here, than telling.
20 min later they would both be on your roof eating your shingles. lol

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Same with parrots!
However, IME (in my experience) parrots can be ... well ... 94.217% potty trained.
At least, that's been true for Bibi, and my past parrots.
We need a new Bibi pic thread please, unless I have missed it we haven't had one in a long time!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We need a new Bibi pic thread please, unless I have missed it we haven't had one in a long time!

Okie Dokie.

"Hey BIBI, are you ready for your closeup?"

"Yes, Mr. DeKenny. I'm ready for my closeup."

"Then look this way and say, "BEEEEEEK"!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a friend with goats. She has horses so she added some goats as companions and to keep them calm. The best morning ever was when she called and asked me to come over early to help her with something. It was to bottle-feed the baby goats!!!! Pure heaven! :kiss2:

jewels4life

Shiny_Rock
I have a friend with goats. She has horses so she added some goats as companions and to keep them calm. The best morning ever was when she called and asked me to come over early to help her with something. It was to bottle-feed the baby goats!!!! Pure heaven! :kiss2:

Oh my! I’m jealous ! I’d love to do that .

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My niece has raised and shown dairy goats for 4-H since she was about 4 years old! She’s just turned 16 and has her sights set on Purdue University so she can (I forget what the term is) specialize in artificial insemination. We’re very proud of her!

IMG_3903.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3900.jpeg
    IMG_3900.jpeg
    216.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3898.jpeg
    IMG_3898.jpeg
    339.5 KB · Views: 10

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aw, they're so cute!! I enjoyed all of your animal pics, thanks for posting them!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results