shape
carat
color
clarity

Go ahead, vent about phrases you''re sick of hearing :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
"Are you getting excited"
nope...not at all lol
of course i am but it''s hard to muster up the same amount of enthusiasm everytime i get asked this

"Are you getting nervous"
no, i wouldn''t have said yes if i wasn''t sure
(although i have to admit, i''m nervous about messing up my vows or something like saying "awfully wedded" instead of "lawfully wedded" or tripping down the aisle)

so what are you ladies getting sick of hearing over and over and over and over and over again lol

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I''m sick of hearing how I''m going to divorce FI and take all his money ........yes I actually have a friend who repeatedly says this, and FI''s response of "I don''t have any money for her to take yet" also not particularly helpful
29.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
oh man that does suck!!
your friend is a dip for saying that, no offense purselover :)

also another popular one for a while was
"are you really sure you want to do this?"

ugh why can''t people just say congrats and leave it at that lol

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
@purselover''s friend:
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Me -- "What''s your vision?"

Uhhh ... my vision is nearsighted to the point where I''ll need Lasik twice. Oh, you mean my WEDDING vision? *blank stare*

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 12:53:51 PM
Author: shertz1981
@purselover''s friend:
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

Me -- ''What''s your vision?''

Uhhh ... my vision is nearsighted to the point where I''ll need Lasik twice. Oh, you mean my WEDDING vision? *blank stare*

hahahah that''s great lol

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
I got so sick of people asking if I was nervous or excited in the weeks leading up to it. I was super excited obviously but am a very private person and didn''t really feel like sharing how excited I was to share such a personal day with everyone I encountered. It will get worse before it gets better too. I think the day before the wedding/morning of was the worst! Stop asking me and just let me enjoy this huge time in my life!

Also, now SIL asked me literally 30 seconds before the processional started "Are you happy"
29.gif
I am sure she meant well, but seriously??

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
"Keep me filled in on all the details". Oh yeah I''m just going to wait until midnight before the wedding and send out an e-mail that says good luck on getting to my wedding in 12 hours!
3.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
here''s the worst one
"You''re checking account has overdrafted because you spent too much on wedding things"
lol ok it doesn''t say that last part and it only just happened, I guess I shouldn''t have given my spa lady such a good tip and then forgotten to budget it in, oops
7.gif

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 2:13:07 PM
Author: Smurfyimproved
here''s the worst one

''You''re checking account has overdrafted because you spent too much on wedding things''

lol ok it doesn''t say that last part and it only just happened, I guess I shouldn''t have given my spa lady such a good tip and then forgotten to budget it in, oops
7.gif

HAHAHHAHA! I honestly think my bank account SHOULD say things like that! It''d be far more effective! Can you imagine logging into Bank of America and seeing notifications like "$140 on jeans, Erin, really?" or "Did you really need to spend $90 at the Cheesecake Factory last weekend?"

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy- I just had to add this. It was one of my most favorite threads ever!

Most Hated Wedding Related Comment

(I actually almost started a new one last week, becuase there are so many new soon-to-be brides around... you should start a new one with this link at the top!)

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
smurfy:
15.gif
i remember asking you that in a previous thread!
15.gif
sorry i annoyed you!
7.gif

mine would be: "so, have you lost any weight yet?" i''m like?!?!?

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 2:54:47 PM
Author: cleokizzy
smurfy:
15.gif
i remember asking you that in a previous thread!
15.gif
sorry i annoyed you!
7.gif

mine would be: ''so, have you lost any weight yet?'' i''m like?!?!?

Cleo I don''t mind if you ask me lol
I DO mind when we are in the middle of a meeting at work and someone asks me out of the blue, I mean really??? lol

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I know pilsner asked me the other day too but I wasn''t referring to her either :)
lol

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
I have one, and I''ve only been engaged for three months! I''ve been trying to knock as much planning out of the way as I can before the busy season starts at my office, so I''ve been going around to vendors and sites with my mother.

Every time we look at anything, she goes for the biggest and most expensive, whatever it is. Best cake shop, biggest dress, longest veil, most expensive venue. The kicker is, she''s not paying for any of it. When I say no mom, that''s just ridiculously expensive for NO good reason, and my fiance and I are approaching this as if we have to pay for everything, she just waves me off and says "well you''ll just have to get over that because you know your father will never let you have some kind of ''budget'' wedding." WTF. Number one, you have been divorced from him since I was two years old, his money is not even remotely close to yours to spend. Number two, it is important to my fiance and I not to overstep our financial limits! If my father wants to contribute, he is more than welcome to but even then we will not be spending more than the two of us are able to just in case something happens. It''s not like our budget is small, either!

It''s gotten to the point where I just nod and smile and say yes that''s pretty and then go purchase something way cuter and cheaper off of Etsy without telling her.

IceExplorer

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 2:36:14 PM
Author: sonnyjane
Date: 11/10/2009 2:13:07 PM

Author: Smurfyimproved

here''s the worst one

''You''re checking account has overdrafted because you spent too much on wedding things''

7.gif

HAHAHHAHA! I honestly think my bank account SHOULD say things like that! It''d be far more effective! Can you imagine logging into Bank of America and seeing notifications like ''$140 on jeans, Erin, really?'' or ''Did you really need to spend $90 at the Cheesecake Factory last weekend?''

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
That is brilliant!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
"Am I invited?"

My thinking is: if you have to ask, probably not. Our venue only holds about 200 people. Luckily we''re not having the wedding in either of our hometowns and it''s on a holiday weekend (7/3/10) so that will help with plenty of declined RSVPs.

Sometimes I don''t even like talking about the wedding with acquaintances or coworkers that I know won''t be invited. Does anyone else know what I''m talking about? I hate it when someone says "oooh, I can''t wait for your wedding!" Umm, well, don''t hold your breath for that invite.......

It also doesn''t help that my fiance verbally invites every single one of his clients.
20.gif
My new rule is, if you don''t know their spouse''s name, they''re not one of the "lucky 200." Ha.

It usually goes a little something like this:

HIM: "Hey Honey? I was telling Wayne about the wedding, so add him to my invite list, would you?"
ME: "Wayne Who?"
HIM: "You know, Wayne! The owner of *insert business here.*"
ME: "Oh, okay I''ll add him. What''s his wife''s name?"
HIM: "Um......?"
ME: "Forget it, Wayne will just have to miss out."

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
Hahah, Smurfy, DH accidentally said "proudfully" during our vows instead of "proudly and faithfully". It was the cutest moment and I''m glad I still remember it.
16.gif

"Where is the wedding?"
"Vegas"
"Oh I can''t wait to go to Vegas!!"

Ahm.. who said you were even invited?!?!?!?!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 10:50:50 PM
Author: swedish bean
''Where is the wedding?''
''Vegas''
''Oh I can''t wait to go to Vegas!!''

Ahm.. who said you were even invited?!?!?!?!
LOL!!!!

People sure have a lot of gall! No wonder someone said...weddings make the crazy come out in people!

Mine is just the typical..."How''s the wedding planning going?" I swear that''s the first question ANYONE ever ask me now a days!

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
hmmm let's see....

"you're inviting me, right?!"
That is probably the worst. What do you say to that?

"WHY are you waiting until 2011? Can't you just get married this coming may?"
We've actually had several people say that, believe it or not.
Sure! But we're going to have to take sponsers to pay for the wedding then... How much can we put you down for?

"Engaged? But you look so YOUNG!"
'Nuff said.. just plain rude!

"you don't want to wear
38.gif
WHITE
23.gif
!?"

... said a church lady when i mentioned that "snow" white makes me look washed out and that i'd rather go with something a little "warmer"... not even like cream... more like eggshell white
20.gif

"well she doesn't have to have an expensive wedding! You could get married somewhere cheaper!"
Said FMIL to FI after he told her that she would NOT be inviting all of her 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 67th cousins because the budget (that she's not even helping with) won't allow it. "But I already told them all that they can go! They are so excited! It'll be like a family reunion!"... except neither myself or FI have ever met them...

"How much are you planning on spending on ________?"
Says FMIL...
1. You are not paying for anything so why do you need to know?"
2. i don't CARE that you "only spent $200 on your wedding dress"... that was in 1985! and you made it yourself!

That's all i can think of for now..
32.gif

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
1. "SO, you''re inviting my family too right???" ---> says dear MOH in FRONT of her family...

cindygenit: YES OF COURSE

cindygenit-deep down:
6.gif
39.gif

2. "How''s the wedding planning going?"

3. " Are you excited???"

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
To the dreaded "Am I invited?" and variations: I just smile and say "We haven''t finalized the guest list yet."

As it gets closer to the time when I would actually have a finalized guest list, I think I would just start saying no. Like seriously, if somebody is so immature to stop talking to me because they don''t understand budgets and list constraints on weddings, and that not being invited does not equal a personal slight, I don''t care to talk to them anyway. I have people who ARE invited that I have to talk to that are stressing me out enough anyway.
5.gif

CrownJewel

Brilliant_Rock
This is a great thread. I hated the "so am I invited?"

I thought all those comments would end after the wedding. Unfortunately, once you''re married, everyone asks "so are you pregnant yet?"

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
With the "so am I invited" comment,I always just say were having a very small intimate wedding (around 30 or so).I know that doesn''t work for everyone,but I feel like I''m beating them off with a stick!

kas baby

Brilliant_Rock
ugh
14.gif
to people who ask if they''re invited. I have some old friends from HS (who I wasn''t planning on inviting) who told a close friend and roommate of mine (who is invited to the wedding as she is close to both FI and I) that if they weren''t invited they were going to crash and come anyway
32.gif
yeah, some friends- and you wonder why I don''t talk to you anymore!

definitely not looking forward to the ''when can we expect babies?'' conversations... um, I''d like to get through grad school/residency/and get a good job first thank you very much. some people
38.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
"Oh, honey, I talked to so & so today and... well... you''re inviting them, right? Right?! She said she was so excited to come, you can''t NOT invite her...."

Oh yeah? Watch me
11.gif

Still_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, man. You guys haven''t given me much hope. With no date set yet, I''m already getting many of these questions...Oh, dear. We''re in for a long ride, aren''t we? Hmm...a good reason to have a short engagement!

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/10/2009 6:43:48 PM
Author: Travel Goddess
''Am I invited?''

My thinking is: if you have to ask, probably not. Our venue only holds about 200 people. Luckily we''re not having the wedding in either of our hometowns and it''s on a holiday weekend (7/3/10) so that will help with plenty of declined RSVPs.

Sometimes I don''t even like talking about the wedding with acquaintances or coworkers that I know won''t be invited. Does anyone else know what I''m talking about? I hate it when someone says ''oooh, I can''t wait for your wedding!'' Umm, well, don''t hold your breath for that invite.......

It also doesn''t help that my fiance verbally invites every single one of his clients.
20.gif
My new rule is, if you don''t know their spouse''s name, they''re not one of the ''lucky 200.'' Ha.

It usually goes a little something like this:

HIM: ''Hey Honey? I was telling Wayne about the wedding, so add him to my invite list, would you?''

ME: ''Wayne Who?''

HIM: ''You know, Wayne! The owner of *insert business here.*''

ME: ''Oh, okay I''ll add him. What''s his wife''s name?''

HIM: ''Um......?''

ME: ''Forget it, Wayne will just have to miss out.''

+1. i use the we''re having a small wedding line but FI has a hard time saying no. i told him if we would not take this person out for dinner and drinks EVER, they are not coming to our wedding!

"am i invited?" is tied with "have you picked a date?" or basically any question about something i haven''t done yet (which is EVERYTHING!).
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
gosh, i''m such a procrastinator.

ChemGeek

Rough_Rock
When FI told a co-worker we were engaged the guy said to him "Oh that''s great! Make sure you invite us!" Seriously?

And another one I''m obviously sick of hearing is "SO...how''s the planning going?" I just tell everyone I''m done planning, everything is ordered, booked, etc... then they just kinda go "Oh" and sound really disappointed that I''m not going on and on and on and on about every little detail!

I hate that everyone wants to know ALL the details too--if you want to know, you''ll show up and be surprised just like everyone else!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results