shape
carat
color
clarity

Glowing Diamonds!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Minty

Rough_Rock
I just got engaged and last night out at the bar under black light my diamond started glowing... I have three diamonds on my band and the other two did not glow. My friend said it was strange... but I'm all curious.Should Diamonds glow under black light? The middle diamond is larger than the other two.Any knowledge about this would be great.. thanks!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
There is a jeweller in Australia who sells 'disco diamonds'.
Every stone in a setting is full of blue fluorescent diamonds and the jewels glow in black lights in disco environments.
It is an advantage for stones of the color of yours to have some fluro. Dont worry that 1 is and 2 ain't.
Just think of it as a great party trick, tell your friends that one of your diamonds had some radioactive chemical spilt on it today as you walk into the disco
smile.gif
then watch their faces
smile.gif
)

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
[FONT=Verdana,]quote:[/FONT]
Originally posted by Minty:
blueish...why would the other two not glow?
My guess is that other two doesn't have fluorescence... From Fluorescence section of the tutorial: "About 20% of diamonds exhibit fluorescence. You have probably seen fluorescent minerals in natural history museums. Their fluorescence can be seen in darkened rooms with black lights. The effect is like a white shirt in a discotheque.The most common fluorescent color is blue, and this can vary from weak or faint to very strong." Do you have grading reports for your diamonds? Does your "glowing" diamond look oily or cloudy in the sun light? What is its color grade?

Minty

Rough_Rock
blueish...why would the other two not glow?

Minty

Rough_Rock
thanks so much for your help so far...
the clarity and colour section for my diamond reads...
I1 I2 HI
would that be read right?no the diamond actually looks really crisp.
thanks again. My fiance was worried.

jamesd

Shiny_Rock
I like that disco diamonds concept. Fun.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results