shape
carat
color
clarity

Glassware

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Okay, so the bad news is that once again, Bloomingdale''s has made a mess of my registry.

The good news is that I''m moving stuff off of it and onto my Williams-Sonoma and Crate and Barrel registries bit by bit by bit. I''m hoping that, in the end, all that will be left on Bloomie''s is my china, bedding, and some decor pieces. Oh, and my mixer because I''m desperate for the caviar color!

Does anyone have glassware (everyday and wine glasses) from W-S or C&B? Do you like it? Is it easy to clean? Durable?

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
We have Riedel Vinum stemware (W-S carries it) and we love it. It''s a nice balance between being really nice but not so crazy expensive that we''re afraid to use it. Some people have said that it''s super delicate, but I''ve never broken one washing it or anything. One of our champagne flutes did break when FI knocked it off a table, but that''s expected.

Our regular glassware is not from either of those places so I can''t comment on that.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
All our everyday glassware - our non-formal flutes, wine and martini glasses are from crate and barrel and we love them. I''m not sure if they''re dishwasher safe but we put them in anyway all the time and it hasn''t been a problem.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
I second Riedel for wine glasses. They are very good quality. I will say that we had 4 stemmed glasses and the stems broke off of all four over time. I think they are a bit fragile for regular dishwasher use. We have switched to Riedel''s "O" stemless glasses and couldn''t be happier. They look great and are sturdy enough for the dishwasher.

Can I ask what''s going on with your Bloomie''s registry? We are also registered there and haven''t had any issues. Almost makes me feel like we are missing something! Our Bloomie''s registry is small though - just towels, bed linens, and some small kitchen stuff that W-S doesn''t have in the colors I want.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I''ve had a gazillion problems.

UNIQUE TO ME:
~"Bought" quantities kept getting screwed up. For example, I requested eight place settings of my china. I got one (thank you, lovely friend!). It said I got six. Called, asked them to fix it, and they did. Next day, it said I got six again. Called them again. Etc.

NOT UNIQUE TO ME:
~Stuff won''t stay in stock! They''ve DCed alllllll of my glasses and most of my crystal (just vases) and metal decor stuff, plus my centerpiece bowl. It''s super frustrating to tinker endlessly. Plus my flatware.

~Stuff doesn''t ship. My aunt bought me a platter from my china set in January. I might get it in June, but then again, I might not. "Ships within 120 business days." And this is true for about half the remaining items. Ugh.

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 11:26:41 AM
Author: shertz1981
I''ve had a gazillion problems.

UNIQUE TO ME:

~''Bought'' quantities kept getting screwed up. For example, I requested eight place settings of my china. I got one (thank you, lovely friend!). It said I got six. Called, asked them to fix it, and they did. Next day, it said I got six again. Called them again. Etc.

NOT UNIQUE TO ME:

~Stuff won''t stay in stock! They''ve DCed alllllll of my glasses and most of my crystal (just vases) and metal decor stuff, plus my centerpiece bowl. It''s super frustrating to tinker endlessly. Plus my flatware.

~Stuff doesn''t ship. My aunt bought me a platter from my china set in January. I might get it in June, but then again, I might not. ''Ships within 120 business days.'' And this is true for about half the remaining items. Ugh.

Yikes! I''m sorry this is happening to you! We started the Bloomie''s registry a few weeks ago because we liked the completion program and Bloomie''s had some of the kitchen stuff in colors that W-S didn''t have. All of our fine china, frames, crystal, and serving pieces were on our Neiman Marcus registry, but we moved some of that crystal to Bloomie''s so we can use the completion discount later (NM has no real completion program). So far everything has been in stock, except the matching pillowcases to our bed sheets which is a PITA. Ugh, I hope we don''t run into any of the same problems!

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
It''s funny -- you and I are date twins and near-registry twins (we did W-S too). :)

We picked Bloomie''s b/c my favorite home designer, Michael Aram, has the most pieces there. I don''t really mind redoing the vases, picture frames, etc., (I mean, picking out that stuff is FUN), but I''m really unhappy about having to fix the flatware, knives, and glasses.

I''m crossing my fingers that your registry stays perfect!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 1:11:53 PM
It''s funny -- you and I are date twins and near-registry twins (we did W-S too). :)

We picked Bloomie''s b/c my favorite home designer, Michael Aram, has the most pieces there. I don''t really mind redoing the vases, picture frames, etc., (I mean, picking out that stuff is FUN), but I''m really unhappy about having to fix the flatware, knives, and glasses.

Yay for meeting a date-twin!

I like the selection at Bloomie''s for their bed linens and towels. It was also nice to transfer some of the overlapping items from NM over there since the completion program exists. I have a feeling no one will buy our crystal so at least we''ll get the completion discount when we buy after the wedding.
I am still annoyed that the pillowcases are out of stock because the registry makes it look like we forgot to add them! Luckily, they are Donna Karan and can be bought elsewhere.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 3:49:43 PM
Author: LabRatPhD
Date: 3/2/2010 1:11:53 PM

Yay for meeting a date-twin!

I like the selection at Bloomie''s for their bed linens and towels. It was also nice to transfer some of the overlapping items from NM over there since the completion program exists. I have a feeling no one will buy our crystal so at least we''ll get the completion discount when we buy after the wedding.

I am still annoyed that the pillowcases are out of stock because the registry makes it look like we forgot to add them! Luckily, they are Donna Karan and can be bought elsewhere.

Wait, LabRat ... which style is your bedding? We picked out Donna Karan too and are also missing pillowcases!

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 3:55:50 PM
Wait, LabRat ... which style is your bedding? We picked out Donna Karan too and are also missing pillowcases!

LOL, we''re registered for DK''s Home Essentials in Pewter. I LOVE that color! The pillowcases have never been in stock at Bloomie''s. They are in stock at Neiman''s and on sale, so I was thinking about just buying them now!
3.gif

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
I knew it - that''s our bedding and our color!

Hmm -- maybe we''ll buy the pillowcases from NM too

LabRatPhD

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 10:07:13 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
This French glassware is supposed to last almost forever and is great for everyday...I plan on buying it the next time I can go to WS and see the sizes in person.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/products/picardie-glass-tumbler/?pkey=cglassware-top-rated

I like those, DiamondSeeker! I was going to add them to our registry a few days ago because we need everyday juice/water glasses but FI said he didn''t like them. I''ll probably add them anyway!
41.gif

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not about glassware but I just wanted to say that I have the caviar mixer and I love it!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Our everyday glasses are from C&B (we have the Dublin glasses). We really like them! We''ve broken a few, but it''s easy enough to run to C&B and pick up replacements when needed. Our wine glasses are also from C&B, and I have to admit, we rarely use them. I think we registered for them because we felt we should, but in reality, we rarely drink so the glasses are taking up space. I have no complaints about them but we just don''t use them often.

shertz1981

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/3/2010 6:37:37 AM
Author: ZoeBartlett
Our everyday glasses are from C&B (we have the Dublin glasses). We really like them! We''ve broken a few, but it''s easy enough to run to C&B and pick up replacements when needed. Our wine glasses are also from C&B, and I have to admit, we rarely use them. I think we registered for them because we felt we should, but in reality, we rarely drink so the glasses are taking up space. I have no complaints about them but we just don''t use them often.

Oooh, the Dublin ones are the ones we want (I think)!

I feel the same about the wine glasses, but my parents are insistent that we register for some, so we will.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results